Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Does anybody know what actually happens with our transfers? Is it literally just Woodward and Ole making the decisions? Who else has input into the discussions when it comes to recruitment?

please no crap “funny” answers, we’ve heard them all
Apparently the scouting set up has been overhauled and now there are several scouts each assigned to a region in Europe/South America and so on. They also bought some data analytics package that narrows down potential targets based on analytics.

Finally Ole/Phelan work with a smaller list, individually scout players before offering recommendations to Woodward.

The problem is that once targets are identified, the negotiation falls in the hands of Matt Judge who has struggled to find his own nose on a summer morning.

Steven Seagull

Apparently the scouting set up has been overhauled and now there are several scouts each assigned to a region in Europe/South America and so on. They also bought some data analytics package that narrows down potential targets based on analytics.

Finally Ole/Phelan work with a smaller list, individually scout players before offering recommendations to Woodward.

The problem is that once targets are identified, the negotiation falls in the hands of Matt Judge who has struggled to find his own nose on a summer morning.
and it’s Judge who makes the final decisions over new contracts and sales I assume?
Does he have a similar role to Michael Edwards at Liverpool, but just much shitter?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
and it’s Judge who makes the final decisions over new contracts and sales I assume?
Does he have a similar role to Michael Edwards at Liverpool, but just much shitter?
Judge doesnt make those decisions, he only negotiates

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I don't think he decides anything, he just does the negotiations while reporting to Woodward, who I presume instructs him on who to negotiate with, what the parameters are and when to walk away.

manuchamp88

Getting arrested and fined and a lifetime ban for the ground, won’t be high on many fans agendas.
Risk vs reward. Fans can minimise the risk of arrest by doing it at the final whistle or like I said, even get just 1 person who isn't a United fan to do it. Even just 1 person making a scene live on TV is better than nothing. People wonder and moan why nothing changes but if you aren't prepared to take risks and do something for the good of the club then why expect anything different?

Bestietom

Does anybody know what actually happens with our transfers? Is it literally just Woodward and Ole making the decisions? Who else has input into the discussions when it comes to recruitment?

please no crap “funny” answers, we’ve heard them all
With just 140 million net spent over the last 2 seasons and the wage bill cut. Players sold and not replaced, I'm really gobsmacked, but on the other hand i'm thinking the Glazers are preparing to sell. This would certainly please me.

Yakuza_devils

Yesterday was a step in the right direction. All match going fans sang anti Glazers/Ed songs and left the stadium almost empty before the game.

But they need to up the ante next home game if there is still no new signings, no DOF, no change of manager.

The Glazers have stolen 1 bil from the club and we can't let this go on.

Red_toad

Risk vs reward. Fans can minimise the risk of arrest by doing it at the final whistle or like I said, even get just 1 person who isn't a United fan to do it. Even just 1 person making a scene live on TV is better than nothing. People wonder and moan why nothing changes but if you aren't prepared to take risks and do something for the good of the club then why expect anything different?
Good luck with that lifetime ban and the pointless run onto the pitch...

manuchamp88

Good luck with that lifetime ban and the pointless run onto the pitch...
Except it wouldn't be pointless. What do you suggest then? We just keep complaining amongst ourselves online? No wonder people walk all over Brits these days...

clarkydaz

Sorted, get it done mate

Alabaster Codify7

Its going to be a long, drawn out process but they will feel it slowly but surely. It won't happen overnight. We need every home game to look like last night, for the rest of the season - empty seats, anti-board chanting, people leaving early when we're inevitably performing like a League 1 side.

Then Adidas and Chevrolet will leave, in time. Once the CL clauses are broken.

Negative publicity upon negative publicity upon negative publicity + smaller, lesser lucrative sponsorships.

We'll be in dire straits by the time they leave, though. Double-edged sword.

manuchamp88

Sorted, get it done mate
If I had a non-United fan mate who lived in Manchester I would. Or all of us can storm the f*****g pitch and tell the whole f*****g board to f*** off!!! Let's bring some eggs while we're at it and pelt the directors' box. Hopefully Woodworm is in the crowd so should be an easy egging! Christ's sake guys, you wouldn't think we Brits ever won a war!! Where's the passion?! Do United Ultras even exist? If so, are they these so-called 'Top Reds'?

Red_toad

Except it wouldn't be pointless. What do you suggest then? We just keep complaining amongst ourselves online? No wonder people walk all over Brits these days...
We had mass protests outside the ground when the takeover was happening. Tell me what it changed? We’ve had planes do a flyover on match days, tell me what it changed?
1 person getting locked up and a lifetime ban from the ground will achieve zero. Nor will it stop those with power taking the piss and getting away with it.
I’m awaiting someone with a bit of vision to come along and rescue the club. I may be waiting a while ;)

manuchamp88

We had mass protests outside the ground when the takeover was happening. Tell me what it changed? We’ve had planes do a flyover on match days, tell me what it changed?
1 person getting locked up and a lifetime ban from the ground will achieve zero. Nor will it stop those with power taking the piss and getting away with it.
I’m awaiting someone with a bit of vision to come along and rescue the club. I may be waiting a while ;)
These are things they aren't going to feel from the comfort of their boardroom. Drastic times call for drastic measures. Egg them in their bloody boardroom!!! Or something. Something proactive rather than waiting in hope.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Goldstein was going in last night on talkSPORT. Doubt he will present MUTV again.

Red_toad

These are things they aren't going to feel from the comfort of their boardroom. Drastic times call for drastic measures. Egg them in their bloody boardroom!!! Or something. Something proactive rather than waiting in hope.
Do you think moaning on the Caf is being proactive? That and inciting other to assault the owners is going to get anywhere?
Like I said I’m waiting for a champion of the fans to rise and lead some kind of focused campaign that will assist the leeches in leaving.
That or some eloquent smooth bastard to appear on the Caf, telling us how we’ve got the owners all wrong and everything will calm down and it’ll be business as normal. Had a few last time round, told everyone how great the Glazers and posted lots of financial figures on how good they’d been for the club.

Ford_M19

Would love it if the saudi's came and took us over.
Its going to be a long, drawn out process but they will feel it slowly but surely. It won't happen overnight. We need every home game to look like last night, for the rest of the season - empty seats, anti-board chanting, people leaving early when we're inevitably performing like a League 1 side.

Then Adidas and Chevrolet will leave, in time. Once the CL clauses are broken.

Negative publicity upon negative publicity upon negative publicity + smaller, lesser lucrative sponsorships.

We'll be in dire straits by the time they leave, though. Double-edged sword.
And probably in the Championship. These guys will only sell once the money stops.

RedDevilRoshi

It was louder last night and I just hope it keeps growing and growing. Planes, banners, boycotts etc. Atmosphere was described as toxic but that’s just how it has to be now. Nothing is ever going to change until major changes are made at this football club from top to bottom. It is completely rotten to the core.

The attendance was announced as something like 73K last night which caused a fair bit of laughter around the ground as it was nowhere near that figure. There were evidently rows of empty seats, especially in my section. Then again, I enjoyed the extra bit of leg space in my area but it’s a step in the right direction.

manuchamp88

Do you think moaning on the Caf is being proactive? That and inciting other to assault the owners is going to get anywhere?
Like I said I’m waiting for a champion of the fans to rise and lead some kind of focused campaign that will assist the leeches in leaving.
That or some eloquent smooth bastard to appear on the Caf, telling us how we’ve got the owners all wrong and everything will calm down and it’ll be business as normal. Had a few last time round, told everyone how great the Glazers and posted lots of financial figures on how good they’d been for the club.
It's proactive to make suggestions. It's not assault if you do it while filming it and then shout, "It's a prank!". Works for youtubers anyway. "Assault" seems an OTT description, compared anyway to the violation of our club that they've been committing since they took over.

P.S - you sound like you're waiting for the Messiah. Let me know if he's coming soon cos I'm sick of this s****.

manuchamp88

what was he saying, apart from overpay for 3 players we need?
He quoted the movie The Ring and said this club will be dead in 7 days...well 8 at the moment. He paraphrased the movie, that's the important takeaway from it anyway.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Yes, we would have won 5-0 without the chants.

Because we've been doing so well for the last 7 years until thosr bloody anti Glazer chants ruined it!
I'd have been happy with a 1-0 win, deserved or not, and i'm sure most fans considering our position in the League would feel the same, simple question for you, was there more chance or less chance of that happening if the fans were constantly backing the team or not?

Water Melon

:lol: you've got to be a wum, that or you're really in la la land. Blaming chants for the lose.
The poster you are replying to is either an oppo fan having his laugh of a lifetime or is seriously deluded. Best ignored in any case.

GiddyUp

Realistically other than throwing 300 million at 4 new signings what else can they do? And who’s fault is it when they fail too?
I'd be looking at the most obvious. Pochettino. He settled Spurs down for a few years while a new stadium was built. Got fantastic players in on the cheap and played very nice football. His last 8 months were terrible but I think that team came to the end and Levy did a Woodward on him. I said yesterday that if he was sounded out he could pretty much set up a structure to his liking and demand anything.
Manchester United have no choice really. First thing he should demand is football people in charge of football and Woodward gone. He should demand this of the owners as the evidence is very clear at this point. If they have any business sense and take notice of what's happening in the pitch it's a no brainer.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Lmfao, so the fans are to be blamed for the shit show yesterday? I am fed up with your comments. Now, you can sod off and do one, as United is not your club and all you can do is to tell yourself what to do. We have terrific supporters and shite owners and management. The noise of discontent will only grow and rightfully so.
Well don't read 'em then, sorted.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Fans my left tit, without being totally in control we were building momentum nicely and there was only going to be one winner but then, around the 33rd minute the spoilt little Princesses piped up, probably on cue with their "Love United, hate Glazer" bullshit, and what happened, shock friggin horror Burnley scored within minutes and controlled the game from there on in.

At least the majority tried to get behind the team, but the damage had already been done.

Before the game, or after the game, or sod off. It ain't your club.
You're blaming the fans? :lol:

Kostur

海尔的老板
Fans my left tit, without being totally in control we were building momentum nicely and there was only going to be one winner but then, around the 33rd minute the spoilt little Princesses piped up, probably on cue with their "Love United, hate Glazer" bullshit, and what happened, shock friggin horror Burnley scored within minutes and controlled the game from there on in.

At least the majority tried to get behind the team, but the damage had already been done.

Before the game, or after the game, or sod off. It ain't your club.
:lol:

What a load of self-righteous shite.

RedDevilRoshi

Protest away if you must, just but do it at the right time.
If now isn’t the right time then f*** knows when is? Unless you are happy to see performances and results like last night on a regular occurrence?

The club is rotten to the core from top to bottom.