Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

Icemav

Just for those of you who don't feel you are being heard on this issue.

Gross mismanagement. I don't believe they are sinister but they clearly don't have the competence to bring footballing success.

Of course one hopes what follows isnt worse, but you never know with the bad karma coming our way. But ultimately one cannot logically assume that things will improve with ownership and management staying the same.

Last edited:

OleGunnar20

Agreed something has to be done, I think we've all known it for a while but the teetering on the verge of a comeback has kept us pacified.

What can be done though?

laughtersassassin

Agreed something has to be done, I think we've all known it for a while but the teetering on the verge of a comeback has kept us pacified.

What can be done though?
Well, the fans could make their hate known again. might do little but it is a start.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I wouldn’t be against another green and gold campaign. Last time it did get a lot of negative press and Glazer/Woodward absolutely hate it.

There are rumours that they want to sell the club so maybe this time it will actually work.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
You guys make him out to be the boogeyman but, Woodward is just the dude who writes the checks. And only Ajax have a former Footballer in a similar role.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Fans are too busy taking pictures and making "X can i have your shirt?" signs for their kids so they can sell it on e-bay to give a shite.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Woodward definitely should be out - how can someone in his position go through so many poor transfers and what.. 4 managers to date? But hey I'm sure he keeps those content who just care about the money coming in and feck all about the results on the pitch. I don't believe his influence is just the guy who writes the checks.. He clearly has a heavy hand in who gets hired and who doesn't, what players they pay for etc. It's been made abundantly clear in comments made by our last few managers the man has a significant impact on the direction of the club..and it hasn't been good.

Even if you don't agree he should go.. Consider the fact that several managers and buying and selling players over the years has done absolutely nothing for the progression of the club - we're stagnant at best.

Ole's comment in the pre game presser about plenty of agents wanting to bring their players to United almost regardless of our performances (paraphrasing) - was disturbing.. And he s not the first one to say it. Of course they wanna come here - no need to really perform and still collect some of world footie's biggest paychecks. People will always come for the fat pays at an organization..that doesn't make them a great place to work or a high performing organization.

Last edited:

BlueHaze

I agree. Feck the lot of them. I'll be celebrating as if we have won the league once they are gone.

Tapori

Fully support this.
All you cynics underestimate the PR effect it has when a new GandG campaign is publicized by matchday fans and is beamed across the world; It's now or never really.

TBF 10 pounds from everyone around the world buys the club mathematically but it won't ever happen!

N.B - How many of us have shares? Could attend the AGM and protest and stream it.

Also, MUST have to step up or another group organises.
Organise and agitate.

When people ask what can be done. Remember the Liverpool supports outroar when they were stagnating because of poor ownership. Look at them now. Things. Can. Be. Done. Just be loud enough.

passing-wind

Three different managers have asked for different players and the likes of Woodward have acquired those players.

I supported Woodward with hurling Jose transfer plans because he already proved he was wasting resources. While the owners do need to buckle up the structure, I think some of the impetus is on Ole aswell.

How can anyone have any belief that we will challenge in 3 years with Solskjaer in charge. He looks out of his depth, I completely understand the players need to go but I don't think Ole is the man to give us the platform to challenge for the league. We could spend 500 million and still end up scrapping for 4th because that's the pedigree of management Ole offers us.

Not good enough

Flytan

No one can afford to buy the club that isn't connected to terrorism at this point without replicating similar issues to the Glazers.

So basically unless the club trades its' soul we'd be in the same situation regardless.

Of course someone mega rich could get bored, but that's unlikely.

Sweet Square

Who is promoting this shite ? Or can anyone make a thread in the mains now ?

This place is turning into the United Facebook page.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Woodward in particular. I’m not even sure the man knows anything about football what so ever. Was definitely a tennis fan before he got signed by United.

freeurmind

weak willed
How long before the Galzers/Woodward PR machine invade this thread?

haram

Woodward in particular. I’m not even sure the man knows anything about football what so ever. Was definitely a tennis fan before he got signed by United.
Think he is actually a rugby fan.

Tapori

How long before the Galzers/Woodward PR machine invade this thread?
3, 2, 1...
Starts talking about EBTDA, loans, leverage, accountancy, market dynamics et al.

We are the city that gave rise to social movements that won votes, rights etc and we can't in this tech age organise a simple protest?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
You guys make him out to be the boogeyman but, Woodward is just the dude who writes the checks. And only Ajax have a former Footballer in a similar role.
Nobody is asking for a former footballer to run the club (please god no!), just someone having the first clue about football and actually concerned about winning stuff.

RedB4ndiT

Woodward is a business genius. There's no way we're getting rid of him unless we go bankrupt.

What we need is to keep Ed for the money and hire a DoF to make footballing decisions.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm convinced we won't get anywhere under the Glazers.

Fosu-Mens

Just for those if you who don't feel you are being heard on thus issue.

Gross mismanagment. I don't believe they are sinister but they clearly don't have the competence to bring footballing success.

Of course one hopes what follows isnt worse, but you never know with the bad karma coming our way. But ultimately one cannot logically assume that things will improve with ownership and management staying the same.
Don't think anyone on here disagrees with you, but only thing we can do is wait for the club to detoriate to such a degree that the Glazers feels like it is time to sell.

The other options are not very likely (Massive fan protest, lobbying the 50+1 rule into English football, someone not from an oil state buys the club for the current market price etc).

Reddy Rederson

Woodward does a lot more than write the checks. He oversees or has full control off all ththe deals. That includes the stupid wages he gives, and prices he pays for players. He picks the mangers, he chooses when they should be fired. He chooses when they should be backed. And if it wasn’t clear before, it should be now that he’s putting his nose in footballing matters that he shouldn’t. Regardless of what you think about Jose Mourinho, how anyone can accept a fecking banker thinking he knows more about football than one of the best managers in the PL era, I don’t know.

No matter what else you think, you should know that Woodward is a massive knob that cares only about the money coming in. And even then, only in short term thinking. His long term is a fecking joke.