Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

The Irish Connection

We’ve needed two 8/9 out of 10 transfer windows in a row since Fergie left to get near a league title (Manchester United). Last summer was another poor window: maguire and wan Bissaka yes, solid. Dan James, an inexpensive punt on a player who doesn’t even play on the right. And Fernandes should have been bought then. So it was 5 out of 10.
(Ac Milan have signed Jens Peter Hauge for around 5m I think. Sell Dan James to Leeds for 8m and buy him)
Incompetence. Barcelona were out protesting with Messi for less. If similar happened at Real Madrid, there would be riots.
We need to start getting on the same page with this.

diarm

If this gets pinned on Ole and he loses his job, that might be it for me and the club.

The Manchester United I grew up supporting didn't treat club legends like shit while rewarding incompetent bankers and their mates year after year. Standards are set at the top of any organisation and filter downwards - if you keep rewarding poor performance at board level, you can only expect poor performance at every other level.

If Solskjaer gets sacked, we bring in another manager with another agenda and the whole cycle of shite starts again. The new guy isn't going to love the club like Solskjaer does so he's not going to make the difficult decisions Ole has. He'll make decisions that are in his own best interest and why wouldn't he - we've proven that we won't support someone who's trying to do the right thing and thinking long term.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If this gets pinned on Ole and he loses his job, that might be it for me and the club.

The Manchester United I grew up supporting didn't treat club legends like shit while rewarding incompetent bankers and their mates year after year. Standards are set at the top of any organisation and filter downwards - if you keep rewarding poor performance at board level, you can only expect poor performance at every other level.

If Solskjaer gets sacked, we bring in another manager with another agenda and the whole cycle of shite starts again. The new guy isn't going to love the club like Solskjaer does so he's not going to make the difficult decisions Ole has. He'll make decisions that are in his own best interest and why wouldn't he - we've proven that we won't support someone who's trying to do the right thing and thinking long term.
Spot on, and same views from me.

Lentwood

We signed Bruno and Ighalo in January because top 4 was at a serious threat and fan backlash was getting heavy after losing to Burnley(Woodward`s house being invaded an example)not because we have any sort of ambition those two signings don`t count. Our spending revolves on keeping us profitable enough to be in the CL and reap those rewards our average net spend without CL football is 160m with it its 80m there is no consistency in how we spend and our business model is keeping us in a vicious cycle that will forever hamper us from ever winning the PL/CL as long as they`re here
Sounds a bit crackpot to me....

Let me ask you this...simple answer please, no ramblings or tangents...

If the Glazers don’t sanction spending, why have we spent the 3rd-most money net of any football team on the planet since 2010?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Only way they’ll go is if we stop making them money. Not much we can do about sponsors etc. Fans need to do their part & stop buying merch etc.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Spot on!!!

Anyone who renews their ST next season is basically just adding to the problem now. Stop going, then sponsors hit the wall and the Glazers have no choice but sell up. This is the only way we're getting back to the top of the game in England and Europe. These gobshites have continually shown they don't have a clue and Fergie was basically masking their incompetence.

Fans need to come together now and say enough is enough. I gave my ticket up which I never thought I would be able to but I survived. I can at least take comfort from our fall that I no longer contribute to those gobshites pension fund.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Ole’s just doing his job. Glazers need fecking hung drawn and quartered. Our fans are too passive for this to happen.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
This thread should be stickied to the top of the home page until they're gone. Couldn't be arsed with the impending threads calling for the sacking of Ole or bemoaning Jones continued injury issues etc.

That Mike guy not popular on here i take it? :lol:

I think Ole should have been more diplomatic when fans wanted to protest against the owners, he came across like he was siding with them.

romufc

Ed Woodward has lost out on all 3 of his first choice targets this summer.

Sancho, Grealish were both first choice -signed VDB because he became available.

Regulion was first choice LB - missed out on him.

Now we are scrambling around for a winger.

How can we accept such incompetence at a football club of this size?

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
At least they are being mocked by journalists now

I'd forgotten this! You know pretty much any fan of any club have at some point out of frustration said "Even I could do a better job at sorting out this mess"?

We are literally at this point.

oz insomniac

What is weird in all of this remains the posters who come in defending the indefensible, suggesting that those protesting this summers transfer s are basically ignorant to the good job Woody and his Uni of Bristol mates are doing.

The absolute lack of planning coming into such an important off season after a miraculous finish to the season is an indictment of the Utd personnel responsible. Woodward , Judge et al should be shown the door but the shopping centre owners have so little regard for the club that absolutely nothing will be done. Let’s face it, they really see Man Utd as an Investment and Dividend business , so why worry when another noodle sponsorship fills their monetary interest.

This window underlines the basic incompetence of a CEO , who talks it up to the investor meetings but fails to meet the requirements of a club looking to compete in one of the most uncompromising sporting contests. Dont expect too much under the leadership of a merchant banker and absent owners , if you do, expect to be disappointed.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
That Mike is an absolute moron.
Mike is right. Ole is there despite his lack of qualifications simply because he will use his club legend status to act as a human shield for Woodward. He is part of the problem.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Laughable effort from the Glazers and Woodward this summer. Dicked around all summer while adding just the one player and you could argue we are already quite good in that position.

We had to catch up but our rivals have all our performed us in the market once again.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Mike is right. Ole is there despite his lack of qualifications simply because he will use his club legend status to act as a human shield for Woodward. He is part of the problem.
:lol:

Castia

Well they're getting absolutely slated in the media, lets see if that helps them pull their fecking finger out.

glazed

Sounds a bit crackpot to me....

Let me ask you this...simple answer please, no ramblings or tangents...

If the Glazers don’t sanction spending, why have we spent the 3rd-most money net of any football team on the planet since 2010?
It's money the club generated. The Glazers have taken more net funds out of their club than any other Premier League owner by quite an impressive margin.

glazed

The truth is that the Glazers don't give a toss what the fans think or about winning things. They only care about making money. The only way to stop them is to not give your money to them, or to people who give money to them. Don't buy TV subscriptions. Boycott club sponsors. Boycott merchandise. Say so loudly.

ZupZup

I don't know why people put so much on what Ole does or doesn't say... it's largely irrelevant. What is clear that is that he has told the Ed and the board etc. that the squad needs to be strengthened and he wants new players in.

All the fans already know this as does the media and we all are very capable of thinking for ourselves and deciding where the blame lies. Nobody needs Ole to tell them whether the board are doing the right things or not.

shahzy

Ive been pretty pissed off with how we've played the last few games in the PL and I still truly believe we need a better manager to be playing better football however there's no manager in the world that's winning anything with this board and ceo. So what's the point being frustrated at Ole? There's no point.

I won't be blaming him for anything going forward frankly as it's all down to the rodent cnut and the leech cnuts that own this club. I have over the last 10 years never cared less about this club as I do now. Just apathy. If I cared I'd be angry..but I'm not.

Crustanoid

Ok then, where can one find a definitive list of sponsors so we can boycott them and let them know (politely) why, via Twitter etc?

The Irish Connection

Ole’s just doing his job. Glazers need fecking hung drawn and quartered. Our fans are too passive for this to happen.
Our fans aren’t passive, a large portion get very active in telling others to calm down, be patient, stop being an entitled muppet, stop criticizing, stop moaning - both in and around the stadium and online. It’s going on 10 years since we’ve come anywhere near the league title, it’s unacceptable. Unfortunately, covid has happened, but look at all our rivals improving. Liverpool are going to erase Fergies achievement this year.

Shark

@NotShark
Our fans aren’t passive, a large portion get very active in telling others to calm down, be patient, stop being an entitled muppet, stop criticizing, stop moaning - both in and around the stadium and online. It’s going on 10 years since we’ve come anywhere near the league title, it’s unacceptable. Unfortunately, covid has happened, but look at all our rivals improving. Liverpool are going to erase Fergies achievement this year.
I've been saying it for a long time, Ole is the perfect manager for Woodward and the Glazers because the majority will never turn on him and he'll never say anything to rock the boat on their end either. Mourinho was never going to tolerate what was going on here, LVG neither. Then you look at Klopp also who seen us as something resembling Disney Land.

Last edited:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Well I can’t say I disagree with any of that.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Ed Woodward has lost out on all 3 of his first choice targets this summer.

Sancho, Grealish were both first choice -signed VDB because he became available.

Regulion was first choice LB - missed out on him.

Now we are scrambling around for a winger.

How can we accept such incompetence at a football club of this size?
Nonsense.

Lentwood

It's money the club generated. The Glazers have taken more net funds out of their club than any other Premier League owner by quite an impressive margin.
What’s that got to do with my point?

You’re arguing a different point entirely and are stating something obvious which nobody on this forum disputes

Revan

Assumptionman
You would hope the impact of Covid would have put them in a position where they would consider a sale of the club.

When you look back perhaps they should have sold the club to the Qatar Royal Family back in 2011
They should have not. Since then, the club's value has increased a lot (the rumours were that Qatari were offering 1B or so, now the club's value is over 3B).

Corona point is a good one though. At February-March, the stock's price was 20, now it is less than 15USD. It has lost more than 25% of its value.

Revan

Assumptionman
Yes, last year we signed players because we finished 6th. The year before we did feck all after finishing 2nd, leading to us finishing 6th. Now here we are again, basically no transfer business. How can I say other clubs can make signings? Because its fecking true. Even Spurs and Arsenal have spent more and signed more players than us and have shown more ambition. Every time we get a half decent season, we tighten the purse strings and do feck all.

And you're still holding out hope? It'd be a miracle if we sell Smalling to finance a few extra million to bring in Telles. And then hope we get a random loan in attack. But the window has been open since July. We're in October, heading into the last weekend. We arent doing anything.
Not only that makes absolutely no sense at all from any business point of view, but it is totally untrue. One of those repeated nonsenses that gets traction over time.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not only that makes absolutely no sense at all from any business point of view, but it is totally untrue. One of those repeated nonsenses that gets traction over time.
How do you explain summer 2018 or this summer then? "No value in the market"?