#GlazersOut

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Social media is a massive part of the Glazer/Woodward business model. Even if it is the casual fan who is un subscribing, tweeting #GlazersOut etc it will add to the cause.

However, things like protests outside OT have to be a lot better organised, with enough notice given and planned.
Whoever organised it clearly wasn't thinking out through. If they'd have done it on the first game of the season then it would have got some traction, but only if fans were convinced at that point that there definitely wasn't being the right level of investment into the team.

Mark1361

:lol:

So poor, we just spent £45million on a 21 year old right back today.

United are one of the very richest clubs in the world and are most valuable (£3billion).
That on paper not bank balance. And like you said one of the very richest clubs Before the Glazers takeover we where the richest club in the world. I blame blair government for the mess we in today.

They blocked Murdochs 650m cash buy out that was not based on loans. But Glazers which was based on massive interest rates was allowed to be completed. And what makes even worse it was allowed to be placed onto Man Utd to pay off.

It was obvious the interest was to high and could not be paid back so they started the stupid bond shares that rised 500m plus. But instead of paying the debt off they pocketed the 500m plus.

Then stupid 20% b shares shares listed on the New York stock Exhange If you own all 20% it worth about 5% A shares. You got to hand it to the Glazers they know how to make the money off the pitch for them self when they need it.

It they just paid off the massive debt which they had 15 years almost to pay off. They club would be back in the black and would not need a rich owner to takover.

At this point the only transfer that would make me happy would have to read: Man Utd Takeover Has Been Agreed

Last edited by a moderator:

red thru&thru

Whoever organised it clearly wasn't thinking out through. If they'd have done it on the first game of the season then it would have got some traction, but only if fans were convinced at that point that there definitely wasn't being the right level of investment into the team.
Investment in the team is a factor, big factor. But their incompetence of getting rid of Ed is annoying. How they have not invested in Old Trafford is becoming beyond a joke as each season goes by.

As owners, I get they are into it to make money. That's the way of life. However, the pure neglect and the lies we get fed from Ed is becoming unbearable now.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Investment in the team is a factor, big factor. But their incompetence of getting rid of Ed is annoying. How they have not invested in Old Trafford is becoming beyond a joke as each season goes by.

As owners, I get they are into it to make money. That's the way of life. However, the pure neglect and the lies we get fed from Ed is becoming unbearable now.
How do they invest into Old Trafford?

Keefy18

What's it got to do with feeling brave? What are those lot going to do if somebody decides to make a stand against the owners?

I've never heard of Patrick Ward, but if he's as bad a person as people are saying then I'm glad he won't be the one at the forefront of any protests. But, like you said, if this summer doesn't see serious investment and we continue to flounder, shit will hit the fan next season and it will get ugly. You know that and are trying to pre empt it by playing it down as "a few gobby sorts", but it will be the majority of people at the ground, local reds, fans from overseas on social media...everybody.

At that point, the only person feeling brave would be Woodward if he decides to show up to games at Old Trafford.
It's got everything to do with brave!

The general sort that will protest at games will indeed be your typical thug with far too many on him and having a temper tantrum after a loss. If we win there won't be a peep probably, but the minute we lose they'll all be big and brave and start to cause trouble.

We've 2 club legends managing the side now and going into their first full season together and the most important thing to many of our so called supporters is to focus on negativity, causing shit and disruption at games.

What a fantastic way to support two true legends of our club that rather than get behind them and support them the onus is on something removed from on field activity.

Give yourselves a pat on the back, sure isn't that all you's want anyway... self congratulations exactly like Pa Ward and the rest of the clowns behind the twitter trend.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Check this out mate. This should be shared on every page of these threads against the Glazers so any supporters sitting on the fence can realise what has actually been happening to our club.
What a complete garbage link. Counting share sales as taking money out of the club, even though it was most likely used for interest payments. That's one of the worst "breakdowns" I've ever seen.

Rusholme Ruffian

It's got everything to do with brave!

The general sort that will protest at games will indeed be your typical thug with far too many on him and having a temper tantrum after a loss. If we win there won't be a peep probably, but the minute we lose they'll all be big and brave and start to cause trouble.

We've 2 club legends managing the side now and going into their first full season together and the most important thing to many of our so called supporters is to focus on negativity, causing shit and disruption at games.

What a fantastic way to support two true legends of our club that rather than get behind them and support them the onus is on something removed from on field activity.

Give yourselves a pat on the back, sure isn't that all you's want anyway... self congratulations exactly like Pa Ward and the rest of the clowns behind the twitter trend.
Shill

Djemba-Djemba

It's a lovely stadium. Good facilities and I think it looks class.
It's looking very tired now.

The legroom there is terrible but that's unavoidable, they could at least add a bit of paint to places with paint peeling off, or remove some of the rust starting to show up.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
What a complete garbage link. Counting share sales as taking money out of the club, even though it was most likely used for interest payments. That's one of the worst "breakdowns" I've ever seen.

"The wage structure at Manchester United is out of control, the transfer strategy is erratic and there’s a general feeling that whoever the manager is, they don’t have the final say on transfers. If the manager wanted a CB that costs £50m, Woodward would deliver the cheaper alternative at £30m. Short-term, it saves money - long-term, a replacement is needed. Rinse and Repeat. Unless it's a star-name, Woodward isn't interested. On the flip-side, City and Liverpool spend huge money on number 1 targets in areas that the manager has specified needs investment. City have spent £135m on full-backs and £110m on centre-backs alone since Guardiola came in, despite already having better options than United across the entire back line."

a) The wage structure isn't published. They've used 'facts' in that link such as "Sanchez is on 500k a week" when that isn't known at all.
b) Woodwood delivers cheap alternatives? When has this ever happened?
c) City have spent 110 million on centre backs since Guardiola come in.... we have spent 70 million. Ours were just shite.
d) Liverpool spend money on number one targets - Like we did with Fred. Pogba. Lindelof. Mikhi etc. Our signings were just shit.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
How many of those tweets were from people in India who couldn’t show up to a game never mind a protest.

Shit time to hold it, shit planning.
What xenophobic post, how is this allowed here @Niall ? Thought we were better than redissue .

As far as the ot protests are concerned, it was organized by pa ward who is known as a money hungry cnut by everyone , he even faked a disability on his child to get money. No wonder no one went.

On indian fans, i think the club wouldnt be the club it is without us, you dont gwt up at 3.30 am to watch a preseason friendly with dong fanghzou looking like baristuta and and you going gaga over it. cnutish think to say, wonder why no one acknowledged it cause it was very poor.

Keefy18

Shill. Clear as day. Post count increases directly proportionately to the criticism of the regime. Calling other fans 'clowns' and 'spoiled brats'. Absolute joke.
Ooh touch a nerve did we?

When folks feel the need to tag me directly in comments, I'll be polite and reply and point out the fallacy in some of the points raised and realities of the situation, like if we get rid of them... we'll only get more of the same. Was Edwards much better than the Glazers? Nah!

Supporting an idiotic movement that started as a twitter trend from a scumbag conman? No thanks! If that makes me a shill I'm quite happy so and not to be associated with that sort.

@Wumminator thread about our fan base is absolutely spot on, they live in a fantasy world and think we've dominated the league constantly throughout our history and have divine rights to walk to league titles, we don't. The league is extremely competitive and with equal share TV revenue now smaller clubs are also improving, throw in some billionaire owners and its extremely unique compared to any other European league.

We sign James and supporters complain that he's *hit championship standard and not befitting of United and demand superstar signing's whilst also jumping to a thread about Pogba saying get rid of super star players!

We sign AWB, Yeah happy but not good enough! Now sign Bruno and sell 5 players!

Since the summer of Moyes we've outspent Real Madrid routinely and overall we have by approx £50m! But the narrative this summer is like they've put us to shame cause they've spent 250m! We've out spent them in 3 of the last 4 summer windows, but that is ignored. It's just a case again of Give me more!

Constant whinging about the condition of OT, training facilities (ignore the fact they've routinely been updated in the last decade for Ferguson, LVG and Jose!)....

If all that doesn't make a large portion of our supporters spoiled rotten brats I honestly don't know what does.

SirAF

Ageist

When folks feel the need to tag me directly in comments, I'll be polite and reply and point out the fallacy in some of the points raised and realities of the situation, like if we get rid of them... we'll only get more of the same. Was Edwards much better than the Glazers? Nah!

Supporting an idiotic movement that started as a twitter trend from a scumbag conman? No thanks! If that makes me a shill I'm quite happy so and not to be associated with that sort.

@Wumminator thread about our fan base is absolutely spot on, they live in a fantasy world and think we've dominated the league constantly throughout our history and have divine rights to walk to league titles, we don't. The league is extremely competitive and with equal share TV revenue now smaller clubs are also improving, throw in some billionaire owners and its extremely unique compared to any other European league.

We sign James and supporters complain that he's *hit championship standard and not befitting of United and demand superstar signing's whilst also jumping to a thread about Pogba saying get rid of super star players!

We sign AWB, Yeah happy but not good enough! Now sign Bruno and sell 5 players!

Since the summer of Moyes we've outspent Real Madrid routinely and overall we have by approx £50m! But the narrative this summer is like they've put us to shame cause they've spent 250m! We've out spent them in 3 of the last 4 summer windows, but that is ignored. It's just a case again of Give me more!

Constant whinging about the condition of OT, training facilities (ignore the fact they've routinely been updated in the last decade for Ferguson, LVG and Jose!)....

If all that doesn't make a large portion of our supporters spoiled rotten brats I honestly don't know what does.
It's really not, it's utter nonsense.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
"The wage structure at Manchester United is out of control, the transfer strategy is erratic and there’s a general feeling that whoever the manager is, they don’t have the final say on transfers. If the manager wanted a CB that costs £50m, Woodward would deliver the cheaper alternative at £30m. Short-term, it saves money - long-term, a replacement is needed. Rinse and Repeat. Unless it's a star-name, Woodward isn't interested. On the flip-side, City and Liverpool spend huge money on number 1 targets in areas that the manager has specified needs investment. City have spent £135m on full-backs and £110m on centre-backs alone since Guardiola came in, despite already having better options than United across the entire back line."

a) The wage structure isn't published. They've used 'facts' in that link such as "Sanchez is on 500k a week" when that isn't known at all.
b) Woodwood delivers cheap alternatives? When has this ever happened?
c) City have spent 110 million on centre backs since Guardiola come in.... we have spent 70 million. Ours were just shite.
d) Liverpool spend money on number one targets - Like we did with Fred. Pogba. Lindelof. Mikhi etc. Our signings were just shit.
The sad part about all of this is that nobody even cares enough to fact check. Any post that has statistics and criticizes the Glazers is peddled around as fact. I hate to go here, but it's eerily similar to Trump supporters in the US.

Big Andy

Bloke
What xenophobic post, how is this allowed here @Niall ? Thought we were better than redissue .

As far as the ot protests are concerned, it was organized by pa ward who is known as a money hungry cnut by everyone , he even faked a disability on his child to get money. No wonder no one went.

On indian fans, i think the club wouldnt be the club it is without us, you dont gwt up at 3.30 am to watch a preseason friendly with dong fanghzou looking like baristuta and and you going gaga over it. cnutish think to say, wonder why no one acknowledged it cause it was very poor.
I don’t think it was xenophobic at all, he was just making a point that the majority of fans are abroad, and so whilst they can tweet about it, they can’t get to OT (in off season) to attend a march...

Keefy18

It's really not, it's utter nonsense.
Entitled to your opinion as am I.

Sadly, for the most part I just see self entitled ar*eholes that constantly demand everything.

They demand both sentiments to be met in almost every instance, which simply isn't possible.

R'hllor

Fantasist, easy game to play.

Feel free to step into reality pal.

As I say you lose the Glazers you'll get more of the same with new owners.
And your head will be in their arses too, its just in your DNA.

Keefy18

And your head will be in their arses too, its just in your DNA.
And no doubt you'll still be a self entitled arse, but at least we'll each be ourselves.

Me in reality and you living a dream.

SirAF

Ageist

Sadly, for the most part I just see self entitled ar*eholes that constantly demand everything.

They demand both sentiments to be met in almost every instance, which simply isn't possible.
Manchester United is the self proclaimed biggest football club in the world. Their average league position in the SIX years post Sir Alex is 5th - I honestly don’t think it’s being self entitled or «demanding everything» to expect the club to be in a better place after such a long time. If anything I think the fans have been TOO patient.

R'hllor

And no doubt you'll still be a self entitled arse, but at least we'll each be ourselves.

Me in reality and you living a dream.
Oh noes. Calling me out based on nothing aww. I know, truth hurts, keep your head in and wait for a moment when corp. tells you to bend over.

Keefy18

Manchester United is the self proclaimed biggest football club in the world. Their average league position in the SIX years post Sir Alex is 5th - I honestly don’t think it’s being self entitled or «demanding everything» to expect the club to be in a better place after such a long time. If anything I think the fans have been TOO patient.
And our overall average league position in the entire history of the club? 6th!

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Fantasist, easy game to play.

Feel free to step into reality pal.

As I say you lose the Glazers you'll get more of the same with new owners.
Right....because you have a fecking clue

I’d rather we take a chance on new owners than being stuck with those failures. Because it will be more of the same for sure with the Glazers. And I don’t know how people like you are ok with this.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
No matter whether you're an advocate for the "#GlazersOut" movement or you're not, I think everyone can agree that the absolute farce of a "protest" that took place today really damaged the campaign in the eyes of your average fan. The timing of it and obviously the gobshite spearheading the whole thing couldn't possibly have been worse even if the Glazers themselves got to handpick those 2 factors :lol:
I seen some people calling him out for faking emails and a phone call. :lol:

Keefy18

It’s hardly relevant for this discussion.
It's completely relevant and what I've been saying for most of the posts on here.

In our entire history we've had 2 managers out of I believe 26 that could be heralded an undoubted success, probably 3 if you include Mangnall going back over 100 years who won 2 leagues I think it was. The rest are between Sir Matt Busby (5) and Sir Alex Ferguson (13).

Reality is, everything else in between is average to poor, that's our history. Its not like we've been consistently successful throughout our history, in fact its quite the opposite where we've large barren periods without success.

We went 41 years from Mangnall to Busby without a league then another 26 years from Busby to Ferguson.

But the narrative spun now is that 6 years without a title is something synonymous with the Glazer ownership and its not.

That's the history and that's the facts and folks can piss, moan, sulk or label me what they like it is what it is.

Keefy18

Right....because you have a fecking clue

I’d rather we take a chance on new owners than being stuck with those failures. Because it will be more of the same for sure with the Glazers. And I don’t know how people like you are ok with this.
I'm an admitted cynic.

Was Edwards any better? That's going back 20 something years and he milked the club dry to the point of administration nearly. He routinely over ruled Ferguson, so much so he had to retire and only done a u-turn when new owners (Magnire / McManus) were on the horizon. Fergie in turn fell out with them too and they sold.

We've a history of board room shenanigans and fall out so this stuff today is nothing new in reality.

So, like I say........ Same as in any large business. It won't change.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

SirAF

Ageist
It's completely relevant and what I've been saying for most of the posts on here.

In our entire history we've had 2 managers out of I believe 26 that could be heralded an undoubted success, probably 3 if you include Mangnall going back over 100 years who won 2 leagues I think it was. The rest are between Sir Matt Busby (5) and Sir Alex Ferguson (13).

Reality is, everything else in between is average to poor, that's our history. Its not like we've been consistently successful throughout our history, in fact its quite the opposite where we've large barren periods without success.

We went 41 years from Mangnall to Busby without a league then another 26 years from Busby to Ferguson.

But the narrative spun now is that 6 years without a title is something synonymous with the Glazer ownership and its not.

That's the history and that's the facts and folks can piss, moan, sulk or label me what they like it is what it is.
It’s not, it’s totally different. United became a juggernaut under Ferguson and are to this day financially superior to most of their competitors. They should be doing A LOT better.

Keefy18

It’s not, it’s totally different. United became a juggernaut under Ferguson and are to this day financially superior to most of their competitors. They should be doing A LOT better.
We've been financially superior to rivals previously more so than currently. We often outspent rivals in the 60-90's as an example. Robson transfer record? How often did Fergie routinely break transfer records over his tenure?

Today? Not so much what with billionaire owners at Chelsea, City and even Liverpool (Henry). Add in the equal share of TV revenue's and you've the make up of an extremely competitive league, more so than in France, Spain, Germany that's for sure.

No doubt we should be doing better but its an accumulation of various factors that has seen us fall off the pace and football is cyclic, very much so in England.

dave1956

Mangnall, was our third most successful and longest serving manager from 1903 to 1912 when he left for Manchester City. He won 1 2nd Division Championship and 1 1st Division. Under him we won the F.A. Cup for the first time and also the Charity Shield. He was also responsible for the building of Old Trafford.