#GlazersOut

smallred

im 100% behind this and protests outside the ground on match days, however my worry with putting all the focus on Glazers is that it once again, continues to absolve Woodward from all blame.

if we had a proper CEO, then the impact of the Glazers wouldnt be as strong right now - theyve spent money, our money of course, but its been wasted due to complete incompetence of our so called leader.

Fosu-Mens

im 100% behind this and protests outside the ground on match days, however my worry with putting all the focus on Glazers is that it once again, continues to absolve Woodward from all blame.

if we had a proper CEO, then the impact of the Glazers wouldnt be as strong right now - theyve spent money, our money of course, but its been wasted due to complete incompetence of our so called leader.
Woodward will follow the Glazers out the door. Not before, unless the club start losing value/becomes less profitable.

Rusholme Ruffian

Oh I know, I never said that did I? I was responding to someone he seems to think it will work. It won't imo. Do you think it'll drive them out?
I just don't see the value in pissing on the chips of people who are at least trying to do something positive for the club, whether you (or I) think it's going to work or not isn't really the point.

BTW, the above isn't really aimed at you - your post was pretty benign compared to some - it was just the most recent one I saw!

Saffron

Even if there might be slightly worse owners, this slow suffocation of the club may be even worse than the instant damage Gillett and Hicks did. At least that got their fans to react. We’re going down the AC Milan route with an owner pretending to care and occasionally throwing us a bone, successful in his mission of slowly getting us to lower our expectations.

When Berlusconi had sweated the asset enough and done nearly irreparable damage to the club, he finally sold it. Laughing all the way to the bank. But by then the damage was done and Milan still isn’t anywhere close to what it was.

laughtersassassin

I'm all for fans standing up against the Glazers but the individuals like that animal abusing prick Patrick Ward who seems to leading the protest on Saturday puts me off it. I feel most United accounts are tweeting #GlazersOut for followers and retweets and don't really have a plan besides spamming twitter. At least when the last protest happened, MUST were in contact with potential buyers.
Only way to get it started mate. Not our fault some/most United fans don't care as much.

It's bigger than most thought it would get. Just hope it keeps growing.

laughtersassassin

If Glazers go Woodward would be fired in the spot. So it's a win win.

romufc

I am sure if majority of the fans show discontent, it would not go unnoticed.

For example, if there is a walk out on a televised game this will be noticed.

The reason the premier league gets so much money in TV rights is that most televised games have atmosphere's with packed stadiums.

Can you imagine Sky sports televising a Utd game with empty stadium on numerous occasions? Or all the sponsors watching on with Glazerout across the stadiums?

red thru&thru

By work you mean that it will get the glazers out? Yeah I don't believe it will.
By work I mean start the process of getting rid of the Glazer's or making significant changes at the club. Casing point, the clubs official Twitter page has stopped posting rubbish. They know things are brewing. There are now reports of the fans discontent reaching America.

We keep it up, there will be a time when potential buyers will make themselves known and can leverage a buyout.

minh_loc_xoay

By work you mean that it will get the glazers out? Yeah I don't believe it will.
It may not drive them out. But just hitting them hard enough to force them to change their ways is already our victory.

minh_loc_xoay

By work I mean start the process of getting rid of the Glazer's or making significant changes at the club. Casing point, the clubs official Twitter page has stopped posting rubbish. They know things are brewing. There are now reports of the fans discontent reaching America.

We keep it up, there will be a time when potential buyers will make themselves known and can leverage a buyout.
#FreeManUnited

Do you hear the people sing?
Singing a song of angry men?
It is the music of a people
Who will not be slaves again.

When the beating of your heart
Echoes the beating of the drums
There is a life about to start
When tomorrow comes.

Will you join in our crusade?
Who will be strong and stand with me?
Beyond the barricade
Is there a world you long to see?
Then join in the fight
That will give you the right to be free!

reddevil80

This fiasco is similar to Ashley's tenure at NUFC and I can't see a quick move on ridding us of the Glazers. I wonder who would want to purchase us? We would be getting closer to a going concern than ever before. They are willing to run us into the ground, cream off the top and then have the balls to keep borrowing against what's left of our once great stadium. It used to be the theatre of dreams, now it is more like a circus and I think even Barnum would struggle to improve this with the Glazers in charge.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
#FreeManUnited

When the beating of your heart
Echoes the beating of the drums
There is a life about to start
When tomorrow comes.

Will you join in our crusade?
Who will be strong and stand with me?
Beyond the barricade
Is there a world you long to see?
Then join in the fight
That will give you the right to be free!
Where's the stanza about net spend?

Jaxa

They disabled the comments on there latest insta post about Joel pereira Bday,

So it’s obviously getting discussed behind the scenes

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
They disabled the comments on there latest insta post about Joel pereira Bday,

So it’s obviously getting discussed behind the scenes
We shouldn’t focus on United. We should focus on our sponsors — spam their comment section with anti-glazer rhetoric. That’s what will really make a difference. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind, that it’ll get brought by our next potential sponsors.

Affirmation

So Duncan Castles has revealed on the Transfer Window podcast that Britain's richest person Jim Radcliffe is in discussions with Nice in France and that he does indeed have interest in both Manchester United and Chelsea as well. However he also claimed that the price to take them over, especially us could be more than he is willing to spend. Though Ian McGary does believe there is a lot of posturing involved and that he is trying to find the right deal as he is determined to take over a Football Club.

Rusholme Ruffian

So Duncan Castles has revealed on the Transfer Window podcast that Britain's richest person Jim Radcliffe is in discussions with Nice in France and that he does indeed have interest in both Manchester United and Chelsea as well. However he also claimed that the price to take them over, especially us could be more than he is willing to spend. Though Ian McGary does believe there is a lot of posturing involved and that he is trying to find the right deal as he is determined to take over a Football Club.
It's a bit warm in Nice at the moment Jim, much more pleasant in Manchester ;)

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
What if Radcliffe was teamed up with two or three other interested parties?

Marcelinho87

We shouldn’t focus on United. We should focus on our sponsors — spam their comment section with anti-glazer rhetoric. That’s what will really make a difference. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind, that it’ll get brought by our next potential sponsors.
Pick any United sponsor and go on their twitter, you will see that is happening.

DoomSlayer

I am loving those replies.
Same here. I'm even contemplating if I should create a Twitter account for the sole reason of taking part in the "Glazers out" movement.

To be honest it's been going strong on all famous social media platforms, fans around the world are fed up of the incompetence showed by the Glazers and their cronies in the club hierarchy.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Same here. I'm even contemplating if I should create a Twitter account for the sole reason of taking part in the "Glazers out" movement.

To be honest it's been going strong on all famous social media platforms, fans around the world are fed up of the incompetence showed by the Glazers and their cronies in the club hierarchy.
It's a beautiful thing. The club seems to be wary of using SM now. Tested Twitter with a pointless tweet about Joel's birthday. Avalanche of Glazers out. Hope this continues and escalates, dramatically.

minh_loc_xoay

It's a beautiful thing. The club seems to be wary of using SM now. Tested Twitter with a pointless tweet about Joel's birthday. Avalanche of Glazers out. Hope this continues and escalates, dramatically.
Just a question: They can't possibly shut down acounts of social media until this avalanche passes out, right? I'm not sure if Woodward is ready to go that far.
Bombard the page of our sponsors (Adidas, Kohler,...etc) at the same time with the same thing would bring better effects, I think.

DoomSlayer

Just a question: They can't possibly shut down acounts of social media until this avalanche passes out, right? I'm not sure if Woodward is ready to go that far.
Bombard the page of our sponsors (Adidas, Kohler,...etc) at the same time with the same thing would bring better effects, I think.
People have been doing the same thing on most of our major and minor sponsors' pages as well. You should check it out, it's glorious. :drool:

minh_loc_xoay

People have been doing the same thing on most of our major and minor sponsors' pages as well. You should check it out, it's glorious. :drool:
I also hope it sends a trong enough message: You have a huge fanbase to milk money from, but that also means you can't just piss off that huge fanbase with a sense that you won't be affected. In the Glazers's case, they have managed to piss off more and more of us as the years go by... Let's go strong, and don't go back to being obedient lapdogs as soon as the owner throws a bone (Wan Bissaka) at us.

Seven Seas Sardines

I've been waiting a while for him.

red thru&thru

I've been waiting a while for him.
I keep saying, more and more we keep this up, any prospective buyer will have more leverage to buy the club. The current asking price of around £4bn is obscene...especially as they have recouped their initial outlay and some.

Need to keep the movement going. Will be really interesting to see today's protest.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
FFS, I absolutely despised the Glazers for years but I hate the embarrassing United fans on Twitter more.

Absolutely embarrassing actions from some here.

Patrick08

If the glazers can not see it and take proactive steps to change the structure than its an indication of them installing him as a ceo to serve their financial purpose and control the power which always was synonymous with footballing experts.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
A few things to unpick here...

First of all: A lot of the Red Issue/IMUSA crowd were in their mid 20s to early 30s around the time of the takeover. One of the FCUM steering Committee was as young as 25. Hardly “old farts”...

Second: I think what’s annoyed a lot of people is that when the hardcore of our support were rallying against this in 2005, they were told to shut up and stop moaning. Told to “fu** off and support Chelsea by the Manager.

14 years later, the anger is still there but there’s just an awful lot of cynicism against a campaign that’s seemingly only started up again because we haven’t signed more players.

The protests from 98 - 05 were based on fighting for the very soul of MUFC. It’s worth noting that the potests against Murdoch in 98 were just as vocal, even though he would have given us millions more to spend and would have probably resulted in us dominating for decades.

These protests are reactionary and would probably die off if we signed Mbappe (or someone else of that ilk) tomorrow.
Great post.

red thru&thru

Everyone has their rights to not be behind this campaign. Personally, I've not read or heard any credible reason to not go with this campaign and get the #GlazersOut