Goalkeeper options...

Judas

Open to offers
I struggle to see a situation where De Gea isn't our number one going into next season, we've dug ourselves into an expensive hole. No chance we use resources that are available this summer on another keeper.

Hopefully Henderson gets a run and plays exceptionally well forcing Ole into making a decision.

sillwuka

I'm not too clued up in who we could bring in but IF we do sign a new keeper he must:
  1. Dominant in the air.
  2. Comfortable with the ball at his feet who can distribute well.
  3. Basically, not the shot stopper type goalie. Ederson, Allison, Meslier Martinez mould.

Idxomer

Can you tell me what you see in him please? Seen a lot of praise but I see pretty much constant mistakes, certainly enough to outweigh anything good. He’s young, yes, accept that but some of his errors ... jesus ... awful.
He's a good all-around keeper who's still a work in progress and contributes a lot in the way Leeds progresses the ball and play.

He has mistakes yes but I don't think they're that constant, the goal yesterday was just bad luck.

Harry190

Said it before, will say it again, if Henderson is not the future, then Dommarumma. He has the pedigree, the quality and everything else.

Acole9

Outstanding
He's a good all-around keeper who's still a work in progress and contributes a lot in the way Leeds progresses the ball and play.

He has mistakes yes but I don't think they're that constant, the goal yesterday was just bad luck.
Yes I think once he cuts out the daft mistakes he's going to be quality. I could probably see him join us in the future.

LuckyScout78

Emiliano Martinez. Easily premier league best goalkeeper by far this season. He remind me of Peter Schmeichel. A giant and a beast in goal. Energetic but still a composure goalkeeper.
He is more in the mould of Peter than Vanders. Vanders was a elegance and gentleman goalkeeper. But if someone that can reach PS level. Bring him on. Martinez is really on a high level now. I don’t think there are many better world goalkeeper than him in the world right now. He has been so consistent on high level over a whole season now.

A mistake by Arteta by letting him go. You just don’t let go who have just help you win FA cup, who has had help to achieved you success and winning trophies. It will come back to bite you.

I wrote on my another thread i just started.

If United want to win the league. United have to get a world class goalkeeper. If Klopp is rating Allison as world class goalkeeper. Then I believe Martinez is up there with Allison. And I don’t think Martinez will cost that much.
Im not sure Henderson is the right one. He looks stressful with ball sometimes. Special with high press and your Cbs keep playing the ball to you.

I have seen enough of Martinez. The way he came out and make the goal smaller. Remind me so much about Peter. Martinez a bit taller than Peter and a giant in goal as Peter.
My vote clearly go to Martinez.
About Donnarumma. I have recognized the name. But haven’t seen much of him.
But with Martinez. My confidence is really high. That is the goalkeeper who will help United winning the league. Beside rest of a complete XI.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I struggle to see a situation where De Gea isn't our number one going into next season, we've dug ourselves into an expensive hole. No chance we use resources that are available this summer on another keeper.

Hopefully Henderson gets a run and plays exceptionally well forcing Ole into making a decision.
I can see scenarios where it isn't De Gea.

However, I absolutely can't see any scenario where it isn't one of De Gea or Henderson. Talk of other goalkeepers is far-fetched when we've tied ourselves to both those players with big contracts. In a context where we have other positions to strengthen too, it just isn't going to happen.

AKDevil

Hmmm. Seen mistakes all season. The og at Palace one of the weirdest I’ve seen. Yesterday bad luck, Arsenal awful. As I say, get the ‘he’s young’ totally. Just the number of mistakes would worry me. Looks out of his depth.