Gaming God of War (PC)

Rake

Anyone playing this? It is a magnificent game and a magnificent port. I`m really impressed how stable and optimized it is. Cudos to Santa Monica Studio for their work. Other developers should take notes on how games should be ported. Unlocked (160 max) framerate.

Here is a technical review/ guide by Digital Foundry. If features overall visual difference as well as a short guide for maximum fps/visuals -

I`m running native 4k / high details with stable 60fps on a 3070.

Known issues
Out of Memory errors - there is a rare error when the game crashes and returns a "out of memory" error. The developers are aware of this and have prepared a fix. Since the fix hasn't passed QC, they have asked the players to help them and test the fix by downloading and playing a beta build. Steam page - https://steamcommunity.com/app/1593500/

Supposedly fixed in patch 1.0.3.

Last edited:

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Anyone playing this? It is a magnificent game and a magnificent port. I`m really impressed how stable and optimized it is. Cudos to Santa Monica Studio for their work. Other developers should take notes on how games should be ported. Unlocked (160 max) framerate.

Here is a technical review/ guide by Digital Foundry. If features overall visual difference as well as a short guide for maximum fps/visuals -

I`m running native 4k / high details with stable 60fps on a 3070.

Known issues
Out of Memory errors - there is a rare error when the game crashes and returns a "out of memory" error. The developers are aware of this and have prepared a fix. Since the fix hasn't passed QC, they have asked the players to help them and test the fix by downloading and playing a beta build. Steam page - https://steamcommunity.com/app/1593500/
Ignore any naysaying eejits. This is a great game. Enjoy every second, I did ... twice.

Bosws87

Played 16 hours already in 2-3 days :)

Don't think there are any for PS, so doubt PC will get any.
That's not how mods work, the Playstation is a closed system the PC is not.

Hamnat

I'm loving it. Trying to finish my deadly mist set now since I'm off today. Just have the waist to go. The maze is killing me.

evil_geko

Great game with horrible FOV. I know there are already some mods that improve it but they don't work good with cutscenes, I will wait for a better solution.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Great game with horrible FOV. I know there are already some mods that improve it but they don't work good with cutscenes, I will wait for a better solution.
As in how close the camera is? I think it adds to the immersion and suits the game.

Hamnat

Wait till you have to close all the realm tears to get the platinum. :lol:
Maze is better now that I went back and got some Nornir chests I skipped. I needed max health. These Valkyries are annoying.

Moby

Dick
Maze is better now that I went back and got some Nornir chests I skipped. I needed max health. These Valkyries are annoying.
The nilfheim Valkyrie is the easiest. Absolutely no health on that lass.

The entire farming is one of the worst ones I've had to do. Yeah it was for the platinum but still in the end I had been doing it for a few hours maxxing around 10k per round I think. I still have every single gate and turn memorized. :lol:

Rake

Just wanted to mention that the memory leak issues seem to have been fixed with the latest patch. No crashes after 5+ hours of playing.

SirAnderson

See there are 2 threads on this one, but since this is the latest one will post here.

Just finished it after 2 and a half weeks of playing it. Thoroughly enjoyed it!! 100% completion as well, and that's not normal for me.

Best game all year :D Let's hope it can be topped, got a loooong way to go till the end of 2022.

Moby

Dick
See there are 2 threads on this one, but since this is the latest one will post here.

Just finished it after 2 and a half weeks of playing it. Thoroughly enjoyed it!! 100% completion as well, and that's not normal for me.

Best game all year :D Let's hope it can be topped, got a loooong way to go till the end of 2022.
Good stuff. Killing the valks was the best part of the game for me, wish we could do it again without going into NG+.

I bet you enjoyed killing all the crows and finishing the Nilfheim quest. :lol:

SirAnderson

Good stuff. Killing the valks was the best part of the game for me, wish we could do it again without going into NG+.

I bet you enjoyed killing all the crows and finishing the Nilfheim quest. :lol:
:eek:OMG that was the worst! Still at least it didn't feel meaningless :lol: but what a grind!
The epic release when I finally got my blades :drool: