Going to the San Siro

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I'm going to be in Milan in the first week of February, so I thought I'd go see a game if possible.

There's AC Milan vs Sampdoria on Feb 5. If any of you have been to the San Siro, what's the best place to get seats? Also, is there anything I should be careful about in terms of safety, etc? Don't know if this is a particularly heated match, but you always hear some iffy stories about ultras in Italy.

The coloured sections are the ones with tickets still available.

diarm

We sat in sector 230 when I was there and they were brilliant seats. Anywhere in that middle band will be good but as with most games in Italy, avoid the stands behind the goals where the Ultras tend to sit.

If you're planning on buying your tickets there, or collecting them once you get there, remember to bring your passport with you. You'll need it to receive the tickets and then again when entering the ground.

JohnnyKills

Think Milan's hardcore fans have the southern end of the ground (the right as you look at it from the TV camera), and Inter's have the other end. So if you want the best atmosphere maybe go for that bit.

Sanchez7

I went to San Siro in December to watch a league game. We bought the tickets from viagogo(Primo Anello Arancio) £29+£11 booking fees. The hardcore supporters were all on the upper stands behind the goal.

Getting there is quite easy by tube. I think there is a direct line from Centrale.

zeekey

I went to San Siro in December to watch a league game. We bought the tickets from viagogo(Primo Anello Arancio) £29+£11 booking fees. The hardcore supporters were all on the upper stands behind the goal.

Getting there is quite easy by tube. I think there is a direct line from Centrale.
£11 booking fee? Robbing cnuts.

NYAS

I was there and watched Inter vs Chievo Saturday before last. Very easy to get to and not that crowded (probably because it wasn't a huge match which is the same for Milan-Sampdoria). Sat in Primo Secondo, in the pink 228 block, which is right next to the journalists, I think those are the best seats you could sit in in terms of view and centrality, along with Primo Rosso. Paid a massive, whopping €35 for it, which is probably one of the most value I've extracted compared to fee paid for anything I've bought in my life :lol:

Was very safe and the only disturbance I had was a couple of angry Italians behind me and the absolute freezing cold. Entry and exit are very easy so there's nothing to worry about. Just make sure you're wrapped up because it was fecking cold. And I needed to take a scanned copy of my passport page to prove it was my name on the ticket, but that was no big deal.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Milan ultras are in the blue sector. Game should be fine in terms of safety. Orange sector has the cheapest seats, and it's pretty good. Sampdoria fans should be in green sector(opposite the ultras), either 1st or 3rd ring. That said, this season inter games might be better both in terms of atmosphere and entertainment value of the game itself.

Getting to the stadium is very easy, but yes, remember your passport as you'll need both to collect the tickets and get into the stadium. One great thing about san siro is that it's truly colossal, when you walk to it it really hits you that it's one of the great stadiums of european football. The services inside the stadium itself aren't great though. And you'll probably be standing for most of the game

Al-T

£11 booking fees:mad:. Boils my piss even thinking about it.

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
Sorry to hijack the thread a little but still might be relevant to the OP! I am thinking of attending a Juve match but all the tickets available on viagogo state "Purchase restricted to Tessera del Tifoso card owners". Has that been a problem for those of you who bought Serie A tickets before as a foreigner?

Last edited:

wythyred

I went to Milan last October with the mrs and we had a stadium tour.

It was pretty surreal to be walking on the pitch and we both really enjoyed it, I would defiantly recommend and it was quiet cheap.

Hope you enjoy the game and let me know if you have any questions about Milan in general.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Sorry to hijack the thread a little but still might be relevant to the OP! I am thinking of attending a Juve match but all the tickets available on viagogo state "Purchase restricted to Tessera del Tifoso card owners". Has that been a problem for those of you who bought Serie A tickets before as a foreigner?
Which game was that?

Peanut Butter

I have been to the San Siro to watch United in the CL. It's a bit of a dump to be honest.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Cheers, guys. I'll follow the advice of @diarm and @NYAS, and try to get a ticket in one of those sections.

I have been to the San Siro before for the stadium tour, and yes, it is a massive dump. Old Trafford seems like Disneyland in comparison :lol:

Player Red

Heading to the Derby there in April. Make sure to provide a match report in here! We paid over the odds on viagogo in order to secure them a while ago.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid