Golf 2022

Carolina Red

Staff
It's absolutely great to see Rory & Tiger outplaying Spieth right now.

Also - shout out to John Daly. Currently at -1 thru 12

Carolina Red

Staff
I have a soft spot in my golf heart for Spieth, would love to see him get the slam.
Just about the only time I can pull for him is if he's squaring off with Dechambeau or Reed, or when he's playing the Ryder Cup. If I was his caddy, there'd be times where I hip tossed him into a bunker or pond.

Ainu

Good to see Rory open a major with a strong round for once, instead of facing an uphill battle as he has done so often in recent years.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
They only have the greens rolling at 10.5 this week due to the contours of the greens. Smart by the PGA.

USGA would scalp them down to 12+ at the US Open & risk losing the damn greens.

diarm

Every single bloody ad break on Sky is showing that Aguero goal. Give it a break lads.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
feck me - I know Tiger 2000’s was a monster, but we are now seeing the true mental strength of the dude. His fight today has been unbelievable. If he doesn’t make that double, he’s playing -3 going into the final 2 holes.
Never been the biggest Tiger fan, but I am cheering him on to make the cut like a schoolboy. Good on him for gutting it out.

Carolina Red

Staff
Never been the biggest Tiger fan, but I am cheering him on to make the cut like a schoolboy. Good on him for gutting it out.
I was watching the end of Tiger’s round on my back patio and I’m fairly sure the neighbors all thought I was watching a title fight or something :lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Anyone here play the WGT golf game from Topgolf? I cannot recommend it enough. I started in March 2020 & it has helped keep me sane through Covid.

It’s one of the few computer golf games that actually plays better on a smart phone than a larger platform.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Continuing to play the round is something.

No fecks given about Sage Steele though…

Carolina Red

Staff
Anyone here play the WGT golf game from Topgolf? I cannot recommend it enough. I started in March 2020 & it has helped keep me sane through Covid.

It’s one of the few computer golf games that actually plays better on a smart phone than a larger platform.
My father in law is addicted to it :lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I have an irrational dislike for pros who use the silly claw grip when putting.

I celebrate when they miss.

Carolina Red

Staff
Sometimes I watch Bubba Watson and wonder what he’d do on some of the courses around here that I play… because the shot windows off the tee boxes are just not big enough for the amount of fade he puts on the ball. He’d be hitting tree limbs 50 yards past the box.

Carolina Red

Staff
If Thomas can keep plugging away with the pars and add just one more birdie today… I think Pereira, Watson, and Zalatoris are all gonna slide back towards him.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
If Thomas can keep plugging away with the pars and add just one more birdie today… I think Pereira, Watson, and Zalatoris are all gonna slide back towards him.
Yep. Watson will overthink himself, Pereira & Zalatoris haven’t been in enough majors before, Thomas is in a perfect spot.

e - needs to birdie 530 yard par fives though!

Last edited:

Carolina Red

Staff
Yep. Watson will overthink himself, Pereira & Zalatoris haven’t been in enough majors before, Thomas is in a perfect spot.

e - needs to birdie 530 yard par fives though!
Yep.

Glad to see Greenville, SC native and Clemson alum, Lucas Glover sneak his way into the top 30 going into tomorrow.

Speaking of Clemson… guess who’s going to play the Walker Course in 2 weeks :drool:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yep.

Glad to see Greenville, SC native and Clemson alum, Lucas Glover sneak his way into the top 30 going into tomorrow.

Speaking of Clemson… guess who’s going to play the Walker Course in 2 weeks :drool:
Jealous, never played it. Heard quality about it.

Wasn’t Glover the one whose wife physically abused him?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yeah she picked up a domestic charge at the 2018 Players!
That’s right. WAGs be crazy.

I thought at the time it was like that scene in Any Given Sunday when Quaid’s character suggests retirement & the wife just wasn’t having it.