Golf 2022

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Gang what’s the vibe on Clubs? Thinking of doing a hybrid bag of Taylormade p790 irons (4-pw) is $1700 and maybe a set of cobra woods. Has anybody played with the TM sim clubs? Might even just get the older models if available for the woods as I don’t really hit it long enough to justify current top of the range.

the other option is to get a full taylormade stealth set.

I actually like my putter which I’ve had forever. I think it’s some shitty Dunlop thing.

Last edited:

FriedClams

Gang what’s the vibe on Clubs? Thinking of doing a hybrid bag of Taylormade p790 irons (4-pw) is $1700 and maybe a set of cobra woods. Has anybody played with the TM sim clubs? Might even just get the older models if available for the woods as I don’t really hit it long enough to justify current top of the range.

the other option is to get a full taylormade stealth set.

I actually like my putter which I’ve had forever. I think it’s some shitty Dunlop thing.
Don’t just buy a set, go get fitted, for everything. It’s a worthwhile investment.

Big Andy

Bloke
Don’t just buy a set, go get fitted, for everything. It’s a worthwhile investment.
This.

When I first started I got a Sports Direct special, set of Dunlop graphite shafted clubs. I went to get fitted at American Golf and was basically told that my club were perfect...for a 60 year old woman. They were too short and the graphite shaft was too flexible for me.

I ended up with a full set of Callaway Rogue clubs, including drivers and I reckon it knocked a good 10 shots off each round, in both length off the tee, and not duffing shots as the clubs were too short.

Expensive yes, but ultimately worth it. Still got them 4 years later and they're as good as new.

Deery

Dreary
It was the accuracy to the pin I was more impressed with, Matusyama must be the cleanest ball striker on the tour. 250 yards and 3 foot off the pin is hella impressive..

Skåre Willoch

Played today. Came in at 46 for the front nine…. the less said about the back nine the better.

My driver is so hit or miss.
Played yesterday as well, with basically the same outcome. 47 on the front 9, tears and horror on the back 9.

My driver is great so far this season, though. Added 20-30 yards with vastly increased accuracy, thanks to Rory.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The front 9 plays like links while the back 9 is dense forest. Check out Narooma golf course in Narooma Australia. That hogans hole is a masterpiece of just fun. Landed just off the green unfortunately but chipped 3 foot from hole for par.
Eyemouth has a hole like that, dumped 2 or 3 in the water.

Carolina Red

Staff
The front 9 plays like links while the back 9 is dense forest. Check out Narooma golf course in Narooma Australia. That hogans hole is a masterpiece of just fun. Landed just off the green unfortunately but chipped 3 foot from hole for par.
Beautiful course. I’ve seen that Hogan’s Hole on Instagram and looked it up. Lucky dog

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Beautiful course. I’ve seen that Hogan’s Hole on Instagram and looked it up. Lucky dog
Say that to the 5 brand new balls sitting in the bushes somewhere in the back 9 :lol:

Australia has some beautiful courses and most of them are public or otherwise not the big ones they play tournaments on.

the other plus being you can play in aus pretty much everywhere all year round.

Tarrou

why is Rory 3rd favourite at 14/1?

has he picked a tournament win recently?

FriedClams

why is Rory 3rd favourite at 14/1?

has he picked a tournament win recently?
His finish at the masters is mostly responsible for those odds, but generally he’s not spraying the ball about as much after that stupid quest for Bryson Power. If he putts well on this course I don’t think there’s anyone stopping him.

FriedClams

That’s one of the prettiest looking courses I’ve seen. Looks a lot like Cabot cliffs in Inverness Nova Scotia (highly recommend looking at images of this)

Tarrou

His finish at the masters is mostly responsible for those odds, but generally he’s not spraying the ball about as much after that stupid quest for Bryson Power. If he putts well on this course I don’t think there’s anyone stopping him.
I wouldn't out too much weight into his final round at The Masters personally, from a betting perspective

the pressure was off

would much rather fade him at 14s but would love to see him do it

Carolina Red

Staff
Say that to the 5 brand new balls sitting in the bushes somewhere in the back 9 :lol:

Australia has some beautiful courses and most of them are public or otherwise not the big ones they play tournaments on.

the other plus being you can play in aus pretty much everywhere all year round.
:lol: Yeah I know that feeling.

Definitely a bucket list item of mine to go and play golf in Oz.

FriedClams

I wouldn't out too much weight into his final round at The Masters personally, from a betting perspective

the pressure was off

would much rather fade him at 14s but would love to see him do it
Pressure or no pressure, a 64 on that course is other worldly. I think he’s always shorter odds because there’s always that threat that he goes lights out and I’m sure the casual golf better is happy to stick money on him, so the oddsmakers are just being safe. I’d be all over cantlay if I was a betting man.

Tarrou

Pressure or no pressure, a 64 on that course is other worldly. I think he’s always shorter odds because there’s always that threat that he goes lights out and I’m sure the casual golf better is happy to stick money on him, so the oddsmakers are just being safe. I’d be all over cantlay if I was a betting man.
yeah that's definitely part of it

same sort of thing used to happen with Phil in his pomp

I used to gamble for a living and popular favourites is something you always look for, as it usually means there is value somewhere else because the bookies don't want to be over-exposed

Tarrou

Anyone see Greg Norman’s comment on Saudi Arabia’s human rights record? “We’ve all made mistakes”..

Yeah mate, I slipped over just last week and accidentally stoned a journalist to death

Knobhead