Golf 2024

Zen

Who was the guy partnered up with Bryson - either that was an absurdly bad angle an lighting or he had the worst case of a bad cap tan I've ever seen :lol:

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Scottie seems a decent bloke, quiet, humble and unassuming. None of the continuous spitting in the course as well. I would’t say he’s even the most talented player, but he has nerves of steel and has a method which just works so well for him. Been the no.1 player in the world for the best part of 3 years now.

What a talent Aberg is. He seems to have similar mental skills to Scottie Scheffler, but just even more talented. He’s going to be winning majors & other big tournaments very soon, and he could be even better than Scheffler. The competition in golf at the moment is sooo strong, even despite the LIV golf split.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Rory to LIV is gaining traction. Tbh this was never in doubt after the bullshit the PGA pulled last year. This will end the split. Jay just lost the game and Rory just became the most powerful person in the game after Tiger for good.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Yeah just read about this and it’s kind of heartbreaking though expected. The money is just too big for any of these guys to stay away too long

arnie_ni

He'll never go. He won't uturn like rahm. Not necessarily from principle but stubbornness as well.

Gavinb33

The reason this one continues to make headlines is because outside of Tiger, Rory would be a game changer, Rahm is a nice get but he has done othing in terms of real interest in the product has created little

Zen

The number will surely continue to just go up and up, so I refuse to say never never.... but if Tiger and Rory continue to hold firm, can't help but love them regardless of other things about them.... hopefully Scottie too, as he seems less money motivated than those two, but you never know.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
The whole LIV buying hinges on them eventually merging with PGA. That's the end goal.

PGA should have a player consensus and give them a clear yes or no. If no, then make sure that all players are banned.

The whole flux about the situation is vexing for fans and players and not good for the game.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
So it looks like a bucket list item I thought would never be checked off will be getting completed. This summer I am going to get to play Pebble and Spyglass! Unbelievable.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
So it looks like a bucket list item I thought would never be checked off will be getting completed. This summer I am going to get to play Pebble and Spyglass! Unbelievable.
Spyglass is very underrated imo.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Amazing! Very jealous - please report back here with very specific details for those of us who aren't as lucky!

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Nice.

What's your handicap?
My golf game :wenger:

I mean, I won't be the worst player on any of the courses, but let's just say my goal is to not embarrass my friends who will be there with me and are all scratch golfers. My excuse is they are all in the medical or golf professions and I work for a living :).

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Amazing! Very jealous - please report back here with very specific details for those of us who aren't as lucky!
I most certainly will! It was just one of those things where my buddy joked with a family member who works in the golf world that he should hook him up with a Pebble tee time. Next thing we know we have a weekend booked and scheduled with Pebble, Spyglass, and unlimited golf at the home course (not naming for reasons) and all food, drink, and lodging covered. I still can't wrap my head around it.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
This level of dominance is scary.

Nelly too. But I'm talking about Scottie.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
It’s an incredible run. And not just this current run of 5 tournaments. His golf over the last two years has been incredible. He has probably under achieved in terms of both regular and major wins.

Rams

Now he seems to have sorted his putting out, Scheffler’s putting in Tiger or Nicklaus type results. Total domination of the sport. Though you feel it could be short lived because I think Aberg has an even better game with similar icy nerves & mentality, just needs to improve his course management to match Scheffler.
I like Scheffler though, just seems a thoroughly decent bloke as well. Haven’t heard a bad word spoken about him by his fellow pros.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Last year was fun thinking Scottie was an absolute monster and gonna tear it up.

This year is now wild, realising his putter was actually pure dogshit last year and he has decided to sort it out. And sorted it out he has!

He was doing big things without being able to putt, not he can, it's ominous for everyone else.

They'll all be excited for the birth of baby Scheffler to get him off the tour for a few weeks.

Rams

Been good watching tonight, it would be a fun event if more of the top players entered.
Yeah I enjoyed it too, especially the final round last night was fun to watch. Rory was the class in the field yesterday on a tough course in difficult conditions. He carried Lawry. Hopefully this will kick his season on.
The field was stronger than you think, Scheffler was missing due to the birth of his child, but most of the big names were actually in the field but lower down the leaderboard.