Gonçalo Ramos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
no-nonsense striker with decent hold up and aerial play. Seems like a ETH striker no? Had actually another two golden chances in the first half to be on 4 but you can't score from all the chances..

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Looked good tonight, lets see how he does over the next months

footballbite

I'm not going to judge him too much on this game - Switzerland have been nowhere near it; all over the place. Maybe some of them have been ill over the last few days as per their manager's suggestion?

As has been mentioned earlier, Ramos wasn't so hot against tough CL opposition earlier in the season. Nunez was doing much more in the CL for Benfica before his move to Pool.

Will be interesting to keep an eye on him in later rounds though to see if he can replicate it to any degree.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Definitely just added £30m to his price

RedDevilRoshi

Every club in Europe will be linked with this boy tomorrow morning after tonight

Zoo

Heavy touch for his hattrick goal. He definitely has something but the Swiss have been abject.

Blood Mage

His value just shot up by £40mil so that rules out a January move.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
With all the pressure coming from replacing Ronaldo, scoring a hattrick is seriously impressive.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Don't get too excited guys. Watched him twice in the Champions League and wasn't all that impressed. He didn't show any standout weaknesses nor strengths tbh. Only scored 1 in 6 games for Benfica who finished top of their CL group. Seemed a hard worker and team player at least.
Sounds like comprehensive scouting. Do not want.

Biggins

I’ve always been a fan of him. Next Ronaldo (the real Brazilian version, not Piers’ pal).

Boondog

He can press and score so yeah I'm fine with him. Not gonna get too picky with the January addition just hope they get someone who fits the style of play. Ramos certainly does.

We just need enough pieces to get that final four finish and CL bid. Which means a striker bare minimum. Then hopefully big spending on key positions in the summer.

Threesus

He looks like a taller, tanned John mcginn.

proper striker though.

the_cliff

Today was the first performance I've seen from him, he looks like the real deal, much better than Nunez.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Lads, it's only Switzerland.
It’s always a valid claim to look at the competition in a World Cup. Many teams have low PL/high Championship level squads. Like somewhere on a scale from Watford to Fulham. I’ve always also followed AFC Wimbledon. They are not good this year, in League 2 (up until recently, think they are unbeaten in 7 now), but they had a guy in the World Cup, Chris Gunther for Wales.

But Switzerland’s defense is definitely legit. Rodrigues-Schär-Akanji as a back 3. Xhaka in front of them. Portugal did a good job destroying them, but it did take some really good individual efforts.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Guys, havent we learnt anything about players who excel at ONE world cup game ever before?

NoPace

He can press and score so yeah I'm fine with him. Not gonna get too picky with the January addition just hope they get someone who fits the style of play. Ramos certainly does.

We just need enough pieces to get that final four finish and CL bid. Which means a striker bare minimum. Then hopefully big spending on key positions in the summer.
Yeah, I haven't seen enough of him to have a real take because he's not a physical marvel type you watch once and are wowed by the speed or power, but a 21 year old striker who has scored healthily at every level and is only lacking in top end pace is exactly what you'd think Ten Hag's system suits, since he seems to like his striker to play back to goal and link up in the build up.

Same reason Mitrovic makes sense (plus heading) but I think he'd cost 80M from Fulham and at his age that's insane.

TLDR: Pace seems to be the least important quality in a Ten Hag #9.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Guys, havent we learnt anything about players who excel at ONE world cup game ever before?
Thought I'd stumbled into the Ronaldo thread until I remembered Ronaldo has never had a good world cup.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
But isn't that the point?

If you wait for 50 games and you know he is a 'sure thing', then he would be out of reach price-wise. Then folks here will be moaning about how come ''we never seem to buy players on the cheap or bargains anymore?''

Caicedo is the latest example. If United was willing to put the effort in sorting out his multiple agency issue, then we won't have to pay like 70 million quid now (after a season of playing in Europe) -- when he was available at 3million back in Ecuador 18 months ago when nobody ever heard of him besides South Americans and Tim Vickery.

Its all a punt.

Last edited:

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
It’s always a valid claim to look at the competition in a World Cup. Many teams have low PL/high Championship level squads. Like somewhere on a scale from Watford to Fulham. I’ve always also followed AFC Wimbledon. They are not good this year, in League 2 (up until recently, think they are unbeaten in 7 now), but they had a guy in the World Cup, Chris Gunther for Wales.

But Switzerland’s defense is definitely legit. Rodrigues-Schär-Akanji as a back 3. Xhaka in front of them. Portugal did a good job destroying them, but it did take some really good individual efforts.
The Swiss looked all over the place in defense last night. I know some of the will be down to Portugal's movement but some of it is also down to an incoherent back line.

Status
Not open for further replies.