Gaming Google Stadia

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Just saw Red Dead Redemption 2 was announced as coming to Google Stadia which in turn means it will now also come to PCs as one of the platforms: https://www.engadget.com/2019/10/04...IRx7d9d-2zZsnmqlJksSqx-L6zlMLVXQ5E92SyXGwdFoP

Seems like a pretty huge deal. So far Google Stadia is shaping up to be silencing the critics and actually providing an immediate impact as a legitimate gaming platform. Who's excited about it and have you, or will you pre-order?

Ainu

There's already a decent thread on Google Stadia on here: https://www.redcafe.net/threads/google-stadia-£9-99-per-month.445957/page-5#post-24246705

I'm not sure how Google Stadia is shaping up to silence its critics. It still has it all to prove from a technical point of view and it's a huge question mark how its business model is going to be received. I don't see how a game that's been available on consoles for about a year is going to change anything.

littlepeasoup

I did preorder when it was first announced, but cancelled when I decided I'd be better off using the money to help fund a new graphics card.

Apart from announcing a few games you'd expect they'd have anyway, they've done nothing to change my mind that I didn't make the right decision, mainly because information has been so light on the ground.

arthurka

I did preorder when it was first announced, but cancelled when I decided I'd be better off using the money to help fund a new graphics card.

Apart from announcing a few games you'd expect they'd have anyway, they've done nothing to change my mind that I didn't make the right decision, mainly because information has been so light on the ground.
I feel that is not by chance really, they need to see it work in action and get the feel from the users to start bombarding us with facts about it´s greatness. It needs a solid building and fixing of first step issues before we will see any real surge from Google to spread the word, I guess we will see soon how invested they are into it.

Marcelinho87

It has silenced nobody the Stadia needed to include all games in it's sub for it to be worthwhile but having to pay on top of paying? Dead in the water if you ask me.

Also RDR2 was coming to PC whatever happened with Stadia.

littlepeasoup

I feel that is not by chance really, they need to see it work in action and get the feel from the users to start bombarding us with facts about it´s greatness. It needs a solid building and fixing of first step issues before we will see any real surge from Google to spread the word, I guess we will see soon how invested they are into it.
The absolute best thing they could do before people look to spend any money on the thing is offer something like a week-long trial of the service with a free-to-play game, maybe a game like Destiny 2 New Light, which as a shooter would be a really good way to indicate how well the service works with a person's specific network setup. As of yet I don't think they've specified if there will be free-to-play games on the service (I could be wrong).

Paying a tenner to sub and then having to buy a game on top of that, with no indication of how the service will run for any specific individual, seems like folly.

arthurka

The absolute best thing they could do before people look to spend any money on the thing is offer something like a week-long trial of the service with a free-to-play game, maybe a game like Destiny 2 New Light, which as a shooter would be a really good way to indicate how well the service works with a person's specific network setup. As of yet I don't think they've specified if there will be free-to-play games on the service (I could be wrong).

Paying a tenner to sub and then having to buy a game on top of that, with no indication of how the service will run for any specific individual, seems like folly.
Agree, both XBOX and PS had their online services free for all at the beginning. Sony even had it for two year or something like that. Plus for those 50$ you are getting 2 games a month so it´s very likely Google will need to address this quickly. But in their favor is the no console part where you don´t need to spend 500$ on a fecking console to pay them to play games on.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Stadia has been great for me. I bought division 2 for £8.25 a couple of days ago, looks and plays excellently on my phone and chrome browser. Super fast load times too.

I've a PS4 but stadia helps me play at times when I can't use the PS4.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Stadia has been great for me. I bought division 2 for £8.25 a couple of days ago, looks and plays excellently on my phone and chrome browser. Super fast load times too.

I've a PS4 but stadia helps me play at times when I can't use the PS4.
Can't find out how to see prices of the games. Would like to get a general idea of it but it seems like I can't view it until I have an invite code from purchasing the bundle. Do you have any insight?

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Can't find out how to see prices of the games. Would like to get a general idea of it but it seems like I can't view it until I have an invite code from purchasing the bundle. Do you have any insight?
It varies all the time. Also there are discounts for pro members. I wouldn't buy full price titles. I originally got it so I can play destiny 2 remotely, but I've had the monthly free games too. Division 2 was my first actual game purchase as for 8 quid I felt it was a steal. I missed getting Rage 2 in January for 8.50 but wish I'd bought that. They recently had Borderlands 3 base game for around 24 quid. In contrast, Doom eternal is £49.99 so won't be touching that until many months down the line.

There's a long way to go before they'll have a truly large number of titles and if you're looking to play the newest games you'll not find many on there.

If you go for it and don't like it, you'll still have a chromecast pro and a reasonably decent pc controller for your money and you'll get to play 3 months of their inclusive games. You may even still be able to claim the previously inclusive games line destiny 2, Metro and a couple of tomb raider games.

prateik

Stadia Pro free for 2 months.. even for people who have subscribed..

Comes with 9 games..

Got nothing to do.. give it a shot.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Can somebody please give me an explanation of how this works in old man terms. Do I need any bits to play games or can you do it on your phone or laptop?

Castia

It’s just asking for a invite code for me I can’t start a trial?