Graham Potter | Apparently in "serious" talks with Ajax

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
He'll turn it around if given time. Question is if the board are patient enough for that.

UDontMessWith24

The ability to sort out egos of millionaire c***s in the dressing room is an absolute necessity to succeed as a manager at a big club. Potter is an excellent manager but he might not have that in him

Embarrassing we drew against this lot. Potter had his only good managerial moment of the season too when he made that early change to a midfield three to flip the momentum when we were all over them.

ESR10

Supports
Arsenal
Nobody is happy at Chelsea and the guilty man isn’t Potter.

Potter is afraid to say no against the owner because of what happenned to Tuchel

Players know the owner doesn’t trust them because he buys so many new players to replace them. On a super long contract. Guess who is gonna leave this summer?

And the new players does’nt wanted to come to Chelsea in the first place. See again the pictures of joy of Mudrik when he was presented at half time.
He is a multimillionaire slave.

Boehly is a new kind of dictator. He imposses his will and desire and think money can buy trust, happiness and fight. It’s the opposite. No one want to play for HIS Chelsea.

Chief123

Agreed but since Boxing Day you’ve scored 4 premier league goals in 9 games and two of them were against Bournemouth.

Even with No out and out striker, Sterling, Felix, Pulisic, Havertz, Mount etc should be doing better than that.

Tbf I haven’t watched you much, are you creating lots of chances and just fluffing them?
Firstly, I’m gladly not a chelsea fan! Utd fan here. But I’d say I’ve watched nearly every chelsea game and you are right they should certainly be scoring more. But it’s also very hard to for the team to start getting any kind of form when there is literally no one who can play up front and offer a genuine goal threat. Everyone wants to either drop off or be providing the assists.

AFC NimbleThumb

The board have to shoulder a huge part of the blame. To not have bought a single striker after spending £600m and it being the biggest problem area is criminal. They literally had no one decent before the window and ended it with no one added.

People can argue there weren’t any strikers available, but when your spending silly money like they were every striker has a price and is available at a certain price.
They aren’t ‘a striker away’ from Joao Felix not being the only player to score in a calendar month.

Whilst it would have been ideal to have spent some of those funds on a striker we’ve seen countless teams with injuries in attack muster more with less.

littlepeasoup

Jumped gunt first into an absolute sh*tshow. Should have had warning flags all over it from a club sacking their manager right at the start of a season.

Was absolutely ready to step up in his career (in my opinion) but don't think he chose his next job well at all.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Being in a rebuild is no excuse. Sack Potter and replace him with Andy Reid.

Zetrio2002

They should not have bought Enzo for sure. And also should not loan Joao. Both are too lightweight and never really fight for the ball.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Agreed but since Boxing Day you’ve scored 4 premier league goals in 9 games and two of them were against Bournemouth.

Even with No out and out striker, Sterling, Felix, Pulisic, Havertz, Mount etc should be doing better than that.

Tbf I haven’t watched you much, are you creating lots of chances and just fluffing them?
Nah they don’t really create much. They sort of just possess the ball pointlessly. Which is the most damning thing. It would be different if they were missing sitters constantly while looking really dangerous.

It really just looks so disjointed. Part of that is the idiotic recruitment strategy of just buying a bunch of young players all at once. The other part is absolutely on Potter though.

Buckie

Supports
Arsenal
He'll turn it around if given time. Question is if the board are patient enough for that.
The board might as well be patient if they really believe Potter can turn it around. At this point, given their points total and where they sit in the table, it is very unlikely anyone can come in and turn it around to the point they can qualify for top 4.

RoyH1

Potter has been disappointing no doubt, but spending 600 million and not buying a proper striker is all on Boehly

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea's resident fan Postman Pat probably thinks Potter is still doing a great job.

Fancy bring on Aubamayang and the ukranian backstreet boy to save the match.
Have some balls and @ me next time. Stop being a coward.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Jesse Marsch to come in and lift up the lads Murica Style !
If Chelsea should try to get Marsch after the Leipzig job already proved to be to big for him, then they would be really lost.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Disappointed he wasn't sacked in the tunnel. Ancelotti didn't deserve that but this bloke does.

Lecland07

We used to say the same about our players but it just doesn't work that way. Look at how good some of these same player we have look under a proper manager
No, the players were still to blame, also. It doesn't absolve them because they play better the next season.

Someone

Something
Boehly's ego won't allow him to admit he made a huge mistake. I get when there's no consistency when it's a new manager with a new squad, but this is relegation form. Things might get better at some point but he's proven that he isn't an elite manager.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Think the biggest issue is there's nobody out there really top class ready to go?

Who exactly do you take a risk on? Poch? he might not want to with his Tottenham connections.

Blood Mage

I think Boehly needs to swallow his pride, give Tuchel an apology and beg him to come back.