Graham Potter | Apparently in "serious" talks with Ajax

Oldyella

My gut feeling was he might have been good for us. No evidence to back that up though!

Orange Tree

Oh no. Please take Ten Hag back.

Anyway, always nice to see english managers venturing outside.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
I think he'll do well.

Was very harshly treated by us when the main problems were the insane squad bloat and the owners.

RuudTom83

After the Chelsea disaster he needs to prove himself again, Ajax seems a decent choice. If he does ok then he can attract one of the Prem teams.

But there are huge question marks over him that need answering first before any one of the big clubs in England hires him again.

hobbers

Clearing a path for soon-to-be SIR Gareth Southgate and the trusty steeds he might bring with him, like Kalvin Philips and Jordan Henderson.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Aren't Ajax Abit of a shambles atm?
Yeah, they're 6th or 7th I believe. Got hammered by Feyenoord at the weekend. Plus they seem to keep losing staff for peculiar reasons. They sacked their DoF at the back end of last year, and their CEO last week (the one that replaced Van Der Sar last summer), both seemingly to do with insider trading if the reports are to be believed. Then there's the Overmars sexting thing from a year or so ago. I don't know if there was any controversy about Van der Sar quitting, but his departure seemed sudden as well. They've also had 5 managers since they lost Ten Hag.

I don't blame Potter for giving that mess a wide berth.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Yeah, they're 6th or 7th I believe. Got hammered by Feyenoord at the weekend. Plus they seem to keep losing staff for peculiar reasons. They sacked their DoF at the back end of last year, and their CEO last week (the one that replaced Van Der Sar last summer), both seemingly to do with insider trading if the reports are to be believed. Then there's the Overmars sexting thing from a year or so ago. I don't know if there was any controversy about Van der Sar quitting, but his departure seemed sudden as well. They've also had 5 managers since they lost Ten Hag.

I don't blame Potter for giving that mess a wide berth.
Didn't van der Sar leave around that Overmars thing? I think I remember there being criticism for not dealing properly with Overmars when his misdemeanor came to his knowledge or something like that?

Havak

Pokemon master
It's probably for reasons already mentioned above - doesn't want to relocate, family, kids in school, all settled, Ajax no longer guaranteed to win 70% of titles etc... However, depending where he's moving in England it could be the same situation at Man Utd or Liverpool. I know it's not to a different country, but moving 100-200 miles is still significant.

Possibly the more likely scenario is that he is taking over the England job when Southgate inevitably calls it quits after the Euros. Doesn't mean he has to move, is a huge honour etc. Could do really well with this group of players. I'd like to see it.

black country red

Done a damn good job at Brighton got them playing good football Chelsea are a bigger basket case than united can’t judge him on that any manager would be set up to fail I think he would a decent job at a well run united which I hope they will be next season

Ghirahim

"Former Chelsea boss Graham Potter rejects return to management with Ajax" - talkSPORT

He wants the United job.

hobbers

Welcome to United, save us from the twin spectres of South Hag and Ten Gate

Jev

Then Ten Hag can get his old job back and Potter can come here. Would be a fine option for us.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Saving himself for us I see.

Much like my first girlfriend, if it does happen he's going to be frustrated, disappointed and slightly damp. (it is Manchester afterall)

mu4c_20le

Ajax was always a weird link, there is nothing to prove there and they are in a bad state.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I like the idea of Potter especially if we’re getting Ashworth. Two people that we know are on the same wavelength and work well together.

ShoePolish

I like the idea of Potter especially if we’re getting Ashworth. Two people that we know are on the same wavelength and work well together.
Won't like the idea if it's the same wavelength Moyes had with his coaching staff that he brought over from Everton.