Graham Potter | Apparently in "serious" talks with Ajax

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I reckon the lure of London might be enough for him to download duolingo.

Also Chelsea head coach is the best job in football. Sign a long contract, win a few things and then get sacked a year later with your contract paid out and your reputation untainted because "Chelsea are mental".
Cobham isn't too far from Brighton, if that's where Potter lives currently. He wouldn't have to uproot his family to come here.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I'm not sure Potter would go, he's in a very good position at Brighton, seems everything behinds the scenes is stable, have an excellent scouting system, and they are playing well, and going well in the league.
If he's feels that another job where he will have to restructure the whole playing side, work with a d.o.f., not yet on board, and feel the pressure of having to make top four in the Premier League is what he wants, then good luck to him.

United Hobbit

Really hope they don't get Potter as I think he's very good (can see him replacing Klopp when he finally fecks off if Chelsea don't get him) would have wanted him at United had we not got ETH

Glad we got ETH sorted before this happened I'm surprised they've sacked him tbh, if only we'd been this ruthless with Ole who was far more deeply out of his depth

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Its kinda wild that one poster has influenced thousands of others into really wanting Poch to fail.

I mean I know you'll all want him to fail anyway (if he gets the job) but it'll be extra tasty for you all.

Orange Tree

Whoever it's gonna be, let's hope their new manager bounce only lasts until the Liverpool's game.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Potter would be a good choice, but under their ownership, I can't see him being given enough time. I don't see him hitting the ground running. But I do think they'll go for him.

Hopefully they go for uncharismatic one, Poch.
We'll see. Everyone said these new owners would probably like to get their own man in that aligns with their vision for the club. It's the Chelsea fans that were like 'nope, won't happen', probably influenced by all the fluff pieces in the athletic about how rosy the situation was. If they get their own guy in, say Potter, I don't think sacking Tuchel says anything about how trigger happy they will be long term, though that said when Abramovich sacked Ranieri after finishing second and CL semis, it was definitely a sign of things to come.

tomaldinho1

Ole at the wheel
Can you imagine :lol:

I’d like to see Potter get it, English coach who has done things the hard way with no hand outs. Think he’d do well though so I hope they hire someone terrible.

Traub

Potter seems a bit too sensible to join the chaos that is Chelsea right now, especially as he's doing so well.
Agreed. He also had the Spurs option which he didn't take, so he does seem quite sensible. Also, he is probably eyeing the England job sooner rather than later, and a poor Chelsea record may impact that chance.

TheReligion

Abusive
We'll see. Everyone said these new owners would probably like to get their own man in that aligns with their vision for the club. It's the Chelsea fans that were like 'nope, won't happen', probably influenced by all the fluff pieces in the athletic about how rosy the situation was. If they get their own guy in, say Potter, I don't think sacking Tuchel says anything about how trigger happy they will be long term, though that said when Abramovich sacked Ranieri after finishing second and CL semis, it was definitely a sign of things to come.
I think Potter would be silly to take the job currently. He likes a stable working environment and right now it feels like chaos behind the scenes at Chelsea. The transfer window was a big tell for me.

little.triangles

It would be career suicide for Potter or Zidane to go there. Poch will be a better fit (since he already committed suicide with PSG) and will be gone by next season himself.

The new leadership at Chelsea are going to learn the hard way.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
We could always get Conte back.

Jam

I want people's predictions on who will be in charge on Saturday and also at Christmas.
Give the people what they want.

Mourinho and Lampard in a joint return.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
feck it. Let's just get the big man in. JT will lead us into the promised land.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Potter also makes sense as he's been playing 3atb for a few seasons now, can't remember Poch ever playing it at Spurs.

That matter as optics of Koulibaly warming the bench after spending huge amount on him isn't great. I know Maguire is warming the bench but he's been a starter for 3 seasons.

Telsim

I sincerely hope they don't manage to land Potter. But I think they will. ffs :nervous: and things were going so well

Woodzy

Look forward to Terry barking out orders on the touchline in a full Chelsea kit while texting Mason Mount's Mrs.

Skills

Snitch
It'll be interesting to see if the new guy now goes to a back 4 with the amount they've spunked on CBs

diarm

Potter would be a fool to go there now.

He should stay and try and win a trophy with Brighton, and put himself in the mix to replace Klopp at Liverpool. Chelsea will chew him up and spit him out.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Look forward to Terry barking out orders on the touchline in a full Chelsea kit while texting Mason Mount's Mrs.
"Mason mate, how would you like to triple your money in only 2 months? Wait, wait, Just hear me out..."

Skills

Snitch
Potter would be a fool to go there now.

He should stay and try and win a trophy with Brighton, and put himself in the mix to replace Klopp at Liverpool. Chelsea will chew him up and spit him out.
With a CL title or something maybe

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Potter also makes sense as he's been playing 3atb for a few seasons now, can't remember Poch ever playing it at Spurs.

That matter as optics of Koulibaly warming the bench after spending huge amount on him isn't great. I know Maguire is warming the bench but he's been a starter for 3 seasons.
James, Fofana, Koulibally, Chilwell

would be fine as a back 4 ... silva is getting on so will probably be rotated anyway and azpi can cover both flanks

chelsea have got so many midfielders (Kante, jorghinio, Gallacher, Kovacic, RLC, Mount and Havertz probably would be a midfielder in most teams) that playing a formation where you can get in an extra one might not be a bad thing

BerryBerryShrew

Probably Poch. Even with the instability and his team-building rather than plug-in coaching style I think Potter's good enough, and Chelsea have enough players hypothetically adaptable to Potter-ball for that to work. But I don't think they'll go for someone with no trophies on the board.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
I wonder if he'd use the same chat up line with her as he used on Anton Ferdinand.

Varane around town

Reckon they’ll go for Poch

Potter would be the smarter choice and surely he’d want this? However, Poch is a free agent and is a sexier name for the new owners,