Los Cármenes

Kick-off
Thu, 8 April 2021 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Correct. Chelsea won it a couple of years ago and are set for a semi final in CL, and atletico won a couple in advance of getting to two CL finals. Any big game experience is good experience
    I remember an interview with Zlatan when he played for PSG and they were playing his old club Malmö FF in the CL. Malmö didn’t have a chance really, but he said all the preparations before and during the match day trained the whole club, not just the players, for big moments. Now, United as a club don’t need that in the same sense, but the players need it, and maybe some in the staff as well.

I don't know why Henderson isn't being given an unbroken run in the team, would be my only real gripe with the line up.
    1 - 2 Man Utd. Take it home.

As I expected a strong team named with just 3 changes from Sunday.

Out - Henderson, Fred, Cavani

In - DeGea, McTominay, James

Happy with that line up.

The only change I had in the prediction was Cavani for Rashford based on his injury issues. Hopefully he's fit enough to play about 60 minutes, and then we'll only start him from the bench v Tottenham.

Not sure why Rashford needs to start this. I know they know more on the training ground than we do, but he obviously doesn't look 100%.

Very strong lineup. Playing Rashford when he clearly looks unfit may be catastrophic given our striker options!

The Manchester United physio gives the go ahead for Rashford to play if he's in the lineup.

On the squad: Was hoping Amad would start, but I agree with going strong, put them to the sword and make the home leg a comfortable one.

Dropped?

The roles have reversed now. Where Hendo used to start in cup games, he is now our league keeper, with De Gea being our cup keeper now.
    I know, but it's a big cup game away and I'd have preferred to see Henderson get the nod for his confidence. I'm sure he'll play against Tottenham but we will lose him at the end of the season if he feels he's number 2 to De Gea.

I left Rashford out of 11. But hes in so let's go hope he can get a rest without us having to chase a goal. Good 11 .

I got quite angry when I saw Grant on the bench and thought, if Dave gets injured then, we'll have to resort to this pensioner who can't catch a cold.
    Then I realized that our manager likes to have two goalies on the bench...

I got quite angry when I saw Grant on the bench and thought, if Dave gets injured then, we'll have to resort to this pensioner who can't catch a cold.
    Then I realized that our manager likes to have two goalies on the bench...
    It’s just to fill the bench.

Not sure why Rashford needs to start this. I know they know more on the training ground than we do, but he obviously doesn't look 100%.
    I guess the same reason why he's started plenty of other important games when clearly not 100%?

I find it ridiculous that Rashford is starting. He is clearly injured, sent back from england, limped off against Brighton and we need him more for Spurs. Ole has no balls to make changes, he could have started James there instead, it's Granada not Barcelona. Im a little disappointed to see Lindeloff play too, he has been nursing a back injury most of the season, we could have played Tuanzabe. It is very clear that Ole only trusts 11 or 13 players. Other than that, standard team, we should comfortably win but let's see who bothers to turn up.

I know, but it's a big cup game away and I'd have preferred to see Henderson get the nod for his confidence. I'm sure he'll play against Tottenham but we will lose him at the end of the season if he feels he's number 2 to De Gea.

It is a big game away, and so were Sociedad and Milan, in which Hendo started both.

His confidence will have come from the fact that he is now our league keeper - something I imagine he was pushing for this season.

Playing Rashford seems crazy to me given how he has looked recently. Can barely walk at times let alone run. No surprises elsewhere, start strong and hopefully put this to bed quick.

yet This match and the last show he’s in the driving seat to be no 1. Worrying about nothing.

It is a big game away, and so were Sociedad and Milan, in which Hendo started both.

His confidence will have come from the fact that he is now our league keeper - something I imagine he was pushing for this season.
    For sure, I'm only really basing my opinion on what the coaching staff have been saying through a few journalists. I'd prefer De Gea to leave at the end of the season over Henderson, even if he isn't completely ready to take the number 1 spot.

Anyway, hopefully he goes on to play the remaining league games for us.

Wouldn't be overly fussed tbf

That Bilbao team under Bielsa weren’t underdogs were they? The other two yeah but that was in the early days of SAF.
    Bilbao was very much underdogs a mid table La Liga team while United was Champions league finalists the year before. The other two was against a United team that went on to win the league in 1993 and double in 1996, better teams than the current United team.

The person who decided on numerically ordered teamsheets for social media needs to be fired.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 193 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Granada win
  • Draw