Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
:lol:

I dont know why this is even an issue either, female gangsters exist. Obviously not on the same number as their male counterparts, but more than enough to make a decent story.

They could make a cold-blooded cnut like her but GTA's writing isn't that good so they would probably go with a well-worn trope like the "fiery Latina".

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I remember when I played Horizon: Zero Dawn. The game looked beautiful, the story was engaging, the gameplay was great, the music and voice-acting were amazing, the enemies were interesting, but then I realized I was playing as a woman female 2/10
I read this in Paul Joseph Watson's voice "IMAGINE MY SHOCK WHEN I DISCOVERED I WAS A WOMAN"

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Replaying the story mode on this for the first time since about 2015. I’ve already completed it twice but given the time thats passed I’ve forgotten a lot of it. It’s really fun. I love the dynamic between Franklin & Lamar and also the Father-Son like aspect of Franklin & Michael. I was 20 when this game came out & wasn’t too interested in story telling, just wanted action, often skipping cutscenes. Playing it again at 27 is almost like an entirely different experience. The acting by everyone involved is fantastic. Given that the game is almost 8 years old the graphics are really holding up, it looks great on my 4K tv.

Hoof the ball

A good character is a good character, male or female. The same applies to TV and movies. Look at Sigourney Weaver in Alien. Compelling, and not because she's a woman, but because her character is interesting in and of itself.

If GTA can write a great character in a narrative it matters nothing at all whether it's a woman or a man.

Good characters transcend.

Hoof the ball

Replaying the story mode on this for the first time since about 2015. I’ve already completed it twice but given the time thats passed I’ve forgotten a lot of it. It’s really fun. I love the dynamic between Franklin & Lamar and also the Father-Son like aspect of Franklin & Michael. I was 20 when this game came out & wasn’t too interested in story telling, just wanted action, often skipping cutscenes. Playing it again at 27 is almost like an entirely different experience. The acting by everyone involved is fantastic. Given that the game is almost 8 years old the graphics are really holding up, it looks great on my 4K tv.
I've been holding out on re-playing it again because the PS5 version is coming out this year and it'll most likely be a re-worked 60fps with 4k support.

Minkaro

Worth noting that a lot of the time, when you have a "choice", the female protagonist has tended to be the better character. Female Shep and Female V immediately spring to mind.

The only way I'd have a problem with it is if it became obvious during the game that it was written with a male protagonist in mind but they decided then to shoehorn a female protagonist in for the sake of it. Other than that I think it'd be a great idea to shuffle things up a bit in the GTA world. It'd open up loads of new possibilities, not just story wise but in the way you navigate the world itself.
I played Assassins Creed Odyssey as the female character, and enjoyed it. My brother played as the male, and from what I saw, I made the right choice.

But if Rockstar are going to do a game with a female lead, they can make it a Red Dead one, and they can make her Sadie Adler, thank you very much.

Cloud7

Considering the hilarious caricatures that the characters in GTA often are, a female protagonist has the potential to be truly hilarious.

That being said, I hope they keep the multi protagonist dynamic as they did in GTA V.

Robertd0803

I finally got around to playing it recently, about 40% through story mode and enjoying the hell out of it. Determined to be the first GTA game I get 100% in. Nearly had it in Vice City but gave up on one of the side missions in frustration.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Its kinda crazy that we've had so many games and there were numerous player characters in V and still haven't played as a woman, I feel like they sort of have to have one in VI.

So, does anyone play on a customer roleplay server? Seems to have been a big hype around it recently on Twitch and I caved in and joined one, its something I've wanted to do for ages, it's pretty good fun so far but possibly the nerdiest thing I've ever done.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Its kinda crazy that we've had so many games and there were numerous player characters in V and still haven't played as a woman, I feel like they sort of have to have one in VI.

So, does anyone play on a customer roleplay server? Seems to have been a big hype around it recently on Twitch and I caved in and joined one, its something I've wanted to do for ages, it's pretty good fun so far but possibly the nerdiest thing I've ever done.
What’s a customer role play server?

Cloud7

Do you think that because of her sex? Do you think females with guns are hilarious?
No because one of the best things that GTA does is take a character stereotype and push it to the extreme. Eg Trevor being a red neck maniac pushed to the extreme, Michael being the down in the dumps middle aged male pushed to the extreme etc.

A female breaking the law and raising hell, done with the GTA style of exaggeration and humor could potentially be very entertaining.

It’s something different that we haven’t seen from the games before in a protagonist.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
No because one of the best things that GTA does is take a character stereotype and push it to the extreme. Eg Trevor being a red neck maniac pushed to the extreme, Michael being the down in the dumps middle aged male pushed to the extreme etc.

A female breaking the law and raising hell, done with the GTA style of exaggeration and humor could potentially be very entertaining.

It’s something different that we haven’t seen from the games before in a protagonist.
;)

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Look at it this way: with a female protagonist there's potential to experience some hot girl-on-girl hooker action. That's the true essence of GTA.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
The recipe?

Going from the London to the US? Nice.
Going from 2D to 3D? Reasonable change.
Moving the storyline to the 1970s? Small stuff.
Changing cities? Who cares.
Having the main character be an Italian gangster? A black gangster? A slavic gangster with a cousin who keeps asking you to come bowling? Having three different main characters in the same game? Necessary changes.
Adding a massive monetized multiplayer mode where you can fly jetpacks and cars that launch other cars into the air? Tinkering.

Making the main character a woman? UNNECESSARY CHANGING OF THE RECIPE

Maybe you would be the kind of guy who can get carjacked by a woman, point taken.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
What’s a customer role play server?
Its pretty new, called SimLife. Here is a link to the discord if you're interested, considering its new its gaining traction pretty quickly and theres been some fun RP.

https://discord.gg/keYQaQPa

Theres links to instructions on how to get set up and start in there too, but its really easy, basically install fivem, team speak and the VOIP plug in and join the server.

Edit. I completely misread your response. Its basically a full on roleplay game inside GTA online. You play as if you're a normal citizen, you can't just go around killing else tbe police if the server will put yoh in prison or they'll just ban you. Its kind of hard to explain but if yoj go on twitch and watch gta 5 theres a lot of streamers doing it now, most famous server is no pixel but its hard to get in.

Robertd0803

Many brave men (and women) have crumbled at this point.
Its a right pain. At least with GTAV Im doing the majority of side missions etc. before completing the final story mission to give me an incentive to find those 50 fecking letter scraps.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Its pretty new, called SimLife. Here is a link to the discord if you're interested, considering its new its gaining traction pretty quickly and theres been some fun RP.

https://discord.gg/keYQaQPa

Theres links to instructions on how to get set up and start in there too, but its really easy, basically install fivem, team speak and the VOIP plug in and join the server.

Edit. I completely misread your response. Its basically a full on roleplay game inside GTA online. You play as if you're a normal citizen, you can't just go around killing else tbe police if the server will put yoh in prison or they'll just ban you. Its kind of hard to explain but if yoj go on twitch and watch gta 5 theres a lot of streamers doing it now, most famous server is no pixel but its hard to get in.
Never heard of that! Sounds unique for sure.

Bojan11

Some fanook has locked the GTA VI thread for no reason but Take-Two have said they will be attending E3 in June. @Bojan11 this is it
It's not unless you love NBA and Rockstar have never revealed their games at E3 besides remasters.

So it wouldn't make sense in this day and age, where E3 is ignored by a lot of the big publishers, as Rockstar didn't even use E3 when it was at its peak.

I stink of cat piss

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
It's not unless you love NBA and Rockstar have never revealed their games at E3 besides remasters.

So it wouldn't make sense in this day and age, where E3 is ignored by a lot of the big publishers, as Rockstar didn't even use E3 when it was at its peak.

I stink of cat piss.
It's happening no matter what bollocks you try to come out with

Robertd0803

Sorry for the bump but the latest update for this added the previously "returning players" add ons to the single player mode even if you arent a returning player.

Means the Railgun is now available as well as the Duke o' Death car and Franklins photography side mission. Probably a few others as well.

Kaos

Hate to be that guy, but really wish people would stop putting so much money into GTA V online so Rockstar can actual start working on GTA VI. They're at Bethesda levels of milking now.

Robertd0803

Hate to be that guy, but really wish people would stop putting so much money into GTA V online so Rockstar can actual start working on GTA VI. They're at Bethesda levels of milking now.
Easy money for them I guess for minimal effort. Although (genuine question) is the only way they make money is off Shark Cards?

Like your subscription for online gaming presumably goes to Sony/Microsoft etc, so how are Rockstar making money online? Do they get paid for the amount of people playing online or something?