Granit "The Hacker" Xhaka | Likes his reds

The Purist

Supports
Arsenal
You're kidding yourself if you don't think he'll be a vast improvement on literally any midfielder you can put out.
Then I must be kidding myself. He's a 8/10 player who has been hyped to an untouchable world class level. The difference between him and Cazorla is minimal.. stats wise Cazorla slightly takes it this season - and Veratti plays in a much easier league.

Vast improvement? Not for me.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Am I missing something or did a United fan just suggest we should sign Veratti?

1 - We have enough players in that position.
2 - We don't have enough money to waste 80m on overrated midfielders.

:drool:
Wow I agree about the money, but overrated? He is clearly better than any CM in your entire squad. Also having enough players, do you have enough of required quality to win the UCL? I would say you should get shot of a few of those CMs if you have a chance of signing someone of the quality of Veratti

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
Then I must be kidding myself. He's a 8/10 player who has been hyped to an untouchable world class level. The difference between him and Cazorla is minimal.. stats wise Cazorla slightly takes it this season - and Veratti plays in a much easier league.

Vast improvement? Not for me.
V is 8 years younger and already better.

The Purist

Supports
Arsenal
Wow I agree about the money, but overrated? He is clearly better than any CM in your entire squad. Also having enough players, do you have enough of required quality to win the UCL? I would say you should get shot of a few of those CMs if you have a chance of signing someone of the quality of Veratti
He is a great player that has become a media illusion. Same as Pogba.

Again - I'm not saying these players aren't great. I'm just saying they're not flawless.. and they're not 'vast improvements' on other players who are very functional just because those players are not the media flavour of the month - I'm speaking about the likes of Santi Cazorla, Fabregas, Gundogan, Vidal etc..

Zoo

Cazorla's reputation has greatly improved since being injured.

wythyred

I didn't rate him at Basel and I don't rate him now.

He is limited technically and is quiet a rash and reckless player I wouldn't be surprised to see him get sent off a couple more times this season.

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
Well too bad for the doubters.

V will be at arsenal next summer. You heard it here first. Xhaka will improve as a result. Win win for arsenal.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He is a great player that has become a media illusion. Same as Pogba.

Again - I'm not saying these players aren't great. I'm just saying they're not flawless.. and they're not 'vast improvements' on other players who are very functional just because those players are not the media flavour of the month - I'm speaking about the likes of Santi Cazorla, Fabregas, Gundogan, Vidal etc..
No one called them flawless. They are better than what you have, not just in ability as well, but mentality. But I'll leave it as that.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

:lol:

I remember how this was a thing during the summer. Arsenal fans telling themselves they signed a world class player because the guy was MOTM in 3 matches. Oh by the way, the MOTMs during the Euros were determined by fan polls.

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
IMO he should be fined a month's wages for bringing the club/sport into disrepute, unacceptable behaviour.

izec

Excellent signing from Arsenal, glad we stayed out of this one. Dumb on the field, cnut off the field.

Acole9

Outstanding
Scum bag of the highest order. Glad we went nowhere near him, complete liability.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Stupid thing to say, but frankly calling someone white (assuming that they are in fact white) is not racist. Nor is calling a black person black, for that matter.

Celestiale

What on earth. A white person calling a white woman a white bitch? This is weird isn't it?
He is muslim. He is the type of wannabe-badboy-arab muslim. I know quite a few of them myself, since a lot of Turkish people live where i am (quite some Kosovo Albanians as well, for that matter). Gladly they are in the vast minority, but it is a destinct type of person. Bourne in Germany, raised "western", but a huge need to showcase that he is not a "weak white pussy", but a real Arab-gangster that could "go to war" immediately (of course speaking not a single word Arabic, and broken Turkish).
Xhaka strikes me as the same type of person, probably being 95% Germanic/Slavic from origin, but bourne in what is called Kosovo today, where most people are muslim. Since he has no Arabic characteristics what so ever, i guess his need to showcase that he is a Muslim badboy, and no "white pussy" is even greater, and there is the origin of those kind of overbearing speaks.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
It's a redundant adjective. Of course it's racist.
Depends on the context. If I had to describe someone, or compare the physical appearance of two (or more) people then why is skin colour any less valid a criteria than height, hair or anything else? There is nothing inherently racist about calling a black person black, an Indian person Indian etc, its just facts. This is a good example of an area where political correctness has gone too far, in my opinion.

zeekey

If the BA worker perceives the incident to be racist, then it's classed as racist.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
Depends on the context. If I had to describe someone, or compare the physical appearance of two (or more) people then why is skin colour any less valid a criteria than height, hair or anything else? There is nothing inherently racist about calling a black person black, an Indian person Indian etc, its just facts. This is a good example of an area where political correctness has gone too far, in my opinion.
"Oppressed White Male"

:lol:

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
He is muslim. He is the type of wannabe-badboy-arab muslim. I know quite a few of them myself, since a lot of Turkish people live where i am (quite some Kosovo Albanians as well, for that matter). Gladly they are in the vast minority, but it is a destinct type of person. Bourne in Germany, raised "western", but a huge need to showcase that he is not a "weak white pussy", but a real Arab-gangster that could "go to war" immediately (of course speaking not a single word Arabic, and broken Turkish).
Xhaka strikes me as the same type of person, probably being 95% Germanic/Slavic from origin, but bourne in what is called Kosovo today, where most people are muslim. Since he has no Arabic characteristics what so ever, i guess his need to showcase that he is a Muslim badboy, and no "white pussy" is even greater, and there is the origin of those kind of overbearing speaks.
Ah, fair enough. Thanks for that.

I think the fact he follows the "white" with an insult implies that being white is an impediment so it is a racial slur in this case.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
As you well know, if it's used as part of an insult then it's racist.

"That black guy at work" - ok :)

"You black bas*ard" - not ok :nono:

"That white girl at work" ok :)

"That f**king white wh*re" - not ok :nono:

It's how language works, and anyone who's either experienced racism, or is against racism will understand this.

Likewise, the "I don't get what's offensive about this", stance is widely understood as the warning flair of the barely closeted racist who simply can't help butting in to issues that clearly don't concern them and alerting everyone in earshot that "hey guys, guess what, I don't view this as racist".

A muslim* man calling a non-muslim woman a "white b*tch" is pretty clearly racist.

*Walrus is now frantically re-scanning the original text, "a muslim man!? how the feck did I miss that!?"

;)

MAME DIOUF 32

Xhaka loses his shit fairly easily, think its more a case of inherent idiocy than racism
In most of these cases I tend to think that the racist language is being used as a shortcut to causing the most offence. It's not about a genuine belief that anybody's inherently better or worse because of ethnic origin or anything else, it's just meant to be as hurtful as possible. So really I think the likes of Suarez (and Xhaka if he has indeed done this) are probably just dickheads who are prepared to go really low as opposed to actual racists.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Was it a man or a woman? If woman then is it not also sexist?

I don't give a shit either way really but I haven't posted yet today so thought I'd get one in before midnight.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
In most of these cases I tend to think that the racist language is being used as a shortcut to causing the most offence. It's not about a genuine belief that anybody's inherently better or worse because of ethnic origin or anything else, it's just meant to be as hurtful as possible. So really I think the likes of Suarez (and Xhaka if he has indeed done this) are probably just dickheads who are prepared to go really low as opposed to actual racists.
It's a blurry difference though, isn't it.

If you get into the nuts and bolts of it, it's accepted psychology that all racism stems from fear of inferiority, rather than the projected, puffed up 'superiority claim'.

So some KKK member in the 1890s who doesn't like how his wife glances at the hard-bodied black field workers, and doesn't like how it feels when he thinks about 'those rumours' some white women giggle at, and thus feels it necessary to dole out racist language wherever possible - he doesn't really believe that black men are inferior, in fact, his worry is quite the opposite, hence his obsession with them.

He too is 'just trying to be hurtful'. So can we say, he's not a racist? Obviously not.

The 'just trying to be hurtful' card, is a really difficult stance to take seriously, especially in a day and age where racist language is increasingly perceived as a weakness/failing of the spouter, rather than the target. It just doesn't really make sense to me as an excuse.