Grass roots

.Phil1968

It's been a grim time for us United fans that's true but the most disillusioned I have been was when the super league was touted with our club as one of the main protagonists, the club seems to be getting further away from the fans daily.
So last season i decided to follow my local welsh league team on a regular basis albeit it with an ear on United games.
I had been to Haverfordwest county a few times before but I really wanted to get into it this time.

My era at United was the 80s, loved standing on the Stretford end when you didnt have to feel ripped off every time you went.
Going to Haverfordwest County felt like it did then, £1 for a pastie, 7.50 to get in, standing to watch a good game between 2 passionate bunch of lads and a few pints in the club house after.

I got addicted pretty quickly and ended up going to every home game with my son plus a few away, great atmospheres at every ground and a real rollercoaster of a season. Theres quite a few of us stand in the same place, all United fans and weve met by going to the games .

There has also been a camera crew at every game and the club is now releasing a 6 part documentary of the season, part 2 was released tonight.
I dont know how to link the programme but it's on youtube
#youcanhaveitall.
Hope you enjoy it.

Last edited: