Grealish To City? | City bid £100M

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinostar77

Grealish at city would be depressing especially since hes a boyhood utd fan. Used to tweet about utd games until he broke into the first team at villa.

You know Guardiola would improve his game. Add one of Kane/Joao Felix/Haaland as well and thats a formidable team.

Maybe City will splash the cash this summer. There FFP budget will be increased by their CL final appearance. Maybe the board see this as an idea opportunity to try to win a few CL trophies while the likes of Barcelona/Madrid are going through a few seasons of squad rebuild.

Coops73

I like Grealish a lot, I’d take him if Pogba was to leave but if Pogba stays I think we have a very similar player who could step into that role in Hannibal, I really think this kid could be the real deal and I don’t think it would take him too long to step into the first team.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Grealish at city would be depressing especially since hes a boyhood utd fan. Used to tweet about utd games until he broke into the first team at villa.

You know Guardiola would improve his game. Add one of Kane/Joao Felix/Haaland as well and thats a formidable team.

Maybe City will splash the cash this summer. There FFP budget will be increased by their CL final appearance. Maybe the board see this as an idea opportunity to try to win a few CL trophies while the likes of Barcelona/Madrid are going through a few seasons of squad rebuild.
FFP will have no effect on what they spend. They slayed that dragon a while ago.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
I’ve been scared of this for a while.

I was worried that when we didn’t sign him that Pep would realize that Grealish and Foden could be the new generation of Silva and De Bruyne in central partnership.

I want him more than Sancho.
Because he's better than Sancho. Graelish's win at all costs mentality is exactly what this club needs.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Remember last summer when there were people saying he was worth £40m because Van de Beek was just as good and Havertz was twice the player?

Good times.
I said havertz would turn out to be the better signing. Might still become true yet. Havertz could have a CL tomorrow night in an underwhelming season. Imagine what he’ll be like when he gets going…

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
This sport is going to die if these guys aren’t reigned in spending wise. The PL already has a gap to other leagues, but it’s mind boggling we have a team that blows the other top ones out of the water given a carte Blanche to sign whoever they want.

RedDevil@84

This sport is going to die if these guys aren’t reigned in spending wise. The PL already has a gap to other leagues, but it’s mind boggling we have a team that blows the other top ones out of the water given a carte Blanche to sign whoever they want.
Pep said it is important to shake it up every year or 2, else it is difficult to motivate same players to go again and again for titles.

Unam333

United should hijack the deal. This guy is the real deal. When a talent like him becomes available you should break the bank. I would let Pogba leave the club to free some funds (also getting rid of Raiola).

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Pep said it is important to shake it up every year or 2, else it is difficult to motivate same players to go again and again for titles.
Their version of shaking up is a different level to everyone else. If FFP is truly dead and no other financial regulations are coming then they can pick up a CL tomorrow and toss 250 million on the squad. What other sides can do that?

I get they’re more palatable because they’re a great side to watch, but they’ve won 3 out the last 4 leagues. Even when Pep goes, the financial disparity will remain. And it seems unlike previously they’ll be able to spend as freely as they want mitigating any gap in managerial quality. Not that they weren’t spending before by any means either.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
In just over 24 hours, City could be the champions of Europe. The greatest prize of all.
They are in a prime position to dominate the EPL for years to come and maybe overtake Utd’s number of European titles, before this decade is out.
Why wouldn’t Grealish not jump at the chance to go there if this story was true?
There’s no other source for this speculation from the Mail.

You have to wonder about the balance of City’s squad if they bought him though, unless one of their current players leaves to make way for a new signing.
They’ve got Sterling, Foden, Torres, KDB, Mahrez, Silva all successfully playing in that role already, but only one striker, Jesus.
With Aguero gone, it’s clear where their recruitment priority will be.
You need to chill a bit and stop creating insanely unlikely worst case scenarios.

You need to chill a bit and stop creating insanely unlikely worst case scenarios.
Unlikely my arse.
Lot of people have their heads in the sand regarding City, their domination is speeding up.

If they win on Saturday, I’d be amazed if they haven’t caught our CL record by 2030.

That bottomless pit is going to flex it’s muscles like no other this Summer if they win on Saturday.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
They going the same route as AC Milan in the late 80's early 90's hoovering up all the talent so nobody else could. All predictable and boring.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Unlikely my arse.
Lot of people have their heads in the sand regarding City, their domination is speeding up.

If they win on Saturday, I’d be amazed if they haven’t caught our CL record by 2030.

That bottomless pit is going to flex it’s muscles like no other this Summer if they win on Saturday.
People seem to think the current best team will last as the best team forever.
But history repeatedly shows that doesn't happen.

It just seems ludicrous to think City will suddenly win 4 out of the next 8 or 9 when they haven't even sealed the first one yet.

El Zoido

Unlikely my arse.

Yup, it’s been coming for a while. Everyone loses their shit over the Super League but doesn’t bat an eyelid over City buying dominance over the domestic league and Europe. This is why I can’t get my head around Gary Neville losing his marbles over the super league one day, then creaming himself over Man City the next. They’re really not that far removed. How much have they spent on City at this point anyway? Got to be £5bn+ by now surely?

Yup, it’s been coming for a while. Everyone loses their shit over the Super League but doesn’t bat an eyelid over City buying dominance over the domestic league and Europe. This is why I can’t get my head around Gary Neville losing his marbles over the super league one day, then creaming himself over Man City the next. They’re really not that far removed. How much have they spent on City at this point anyway? Got to be £5bn+ by now surely?
Agreed, but Gaz Nev is similar to Sandikan in that regard, it’s head in the sand stuff. “But history shows” blah blah, history shows us nothing, because in history we’ve never had a bottomless pit of money in a football club.

The closest comparison is current Bayern in regards to the rest of their league and it’s what? 9 on the bounce and 2 CL + 1 runners up.
But guess what, Pep left Bayern because he knew full well City’s possibilities dwarf them. Time to get your heads our of your arses people.

Last edited:

UtdAgain08

There is no way we should be allowing Grealish to move to City, imo he should be our no1 target along with a defensive midfielder.

peridigm

We have to get him, at any cost.
He's one of 4 players everyone is saying the same thing about.
Grealish, Kane, Sancho, and Haaland.
Only one of them is realistic and most likely going to happen.
Two are a real possibility but not likely to happen if we sign our number one target. We could be surprised though.
The other, simply not happening. This year at least. And if we sign one of the other two above, he won't be needed next season.

Giggsy13

I’d sell Pogba and bring in Grealish. He’s got more to his game than Pogba and performs at a more consistent level. He carried Villa and they would’ve finished in a European spot if not for his injury.

People seem to think the current best team will last as the best team forever.
But history repeatedly shows that doesn't happen.

It just seems ludicrous to think City will suddenly win 4 out of the next 8 or 9 when they haven't even sealed the first one yet.
It’s taken City what, a little over 10 years to get from nothing to favourites to be crowned Champions of Europe.
They have now won 3 of the past 4 PL and the only thing that stopped them taking 4 from 4? A freak Liverpool 99 point season where they outperformed the shit out of xg and had ridiculous luck with injuries.

No team in history has ever had the financial power over every other side that City now have. United had Blackburn, then came Chelsea.

Bayern is your closest example and look how that is going.

City are already undoubtedly the CL favourites again for next season, and will likely be the favourites for the next decade.

Last edited:

Deery

Dreary
He's one of 4 players everyone is saying the same thing about.
Grealish, Kane, Sancho, and Haaland.
Only one of them is realistic and most likely going to happen.
Two are a real possibility but not likely to happen if we sign our number one target. We could be surprised though.
The other, simply not happening. This year at least. And if we sign one of the other two above, he won't be needed next season.
It really should be Haaland then the kid’s a freak and can score against anybody.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It’s taken City what, a little over 10 years to get from nothing to favourites to be crowned Champions of Europe.
They have now won 3 of the past 4 PL and the only thing that stopped them taking 4 from 4? A freak Liverpool 99 point season where they outperformed the shit out of xg and had ridiculous luck with injuries.

No team in history has ever had the financial power over ever other side that City now have. United had Blackburn, then came Chelsea.

City are already undoubtedly the CL favourites again for next season, and will likely be the favourites for the next decade.
Agreed.

This is not about cycles but rather about the owner of the club having far more money than any other club in England.

With Sheikh Mansour's bottomless pit, I can only see teams like ourselves only taking chunks out of their success in the future, similar to how Liverpool won the league. But that took elite level coaching and smart recruitment.

City will be the dominant force domestically for some time, unless the Saudis turn up.

El Zoido

There is no way we should be allowing Grealish to move to City, imo he should be our no1 target along with a defensive midfielder.
It’s not ours to control. City dwarfs everyone, they could spend a billion pounds in one transfer window and wouldn’t even feel it. They could buy out every single club in the Football League if they could legally do so. I don’t think people quite realise how incredibly far ahead they are financially. They are playing with Monopoly money.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

No team in history has ever had the financial power over every other side that City now have. United had Blackburn, then came Chelsea.

Depressingly true.

It’s not ours to control. City dwarfs everyone, they could spend a billion pounds in one transfer window and wouldn’t even feel it. They could buy out every single club in the Football League if they could legally do so. I don’t think people quite realise how incredibly far ahead they are financially. They are playing with Monopoly money.
People definitely don’t realise and talk about them (such as Neville) as though they are a regular football club. Look how dominant Juve were till Inter started spending but one league title later and Inter are reigning it in again, City NEVER have to reign it in. Good season, bad season, 60 m on a CB last year that didn’t work out? Here’s another 60m, get a new one.
City can just spend to their hearts content, it means absolutely nothing, it’s not gonna be like Real Madrid coming to an end of a cycle and not having the cash for Pogba or Mbappe right now, they want them, they get them, simple as that.

And other clubs such as Barca or United pay a heavy price for shit investment, it hampers their ability the following season to strengthen, a bad buy hampers City not one iota. They don’t even have to worry that a CL win might have them losing their best player (a la United with Ronaldo). They simply aren’t playing the same game.

Last edited:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

All the major clubs are in transition. It's an opportune time. But do you see Guardiola being there for the next decade?

I'm not too worried with regards to the long-term. Plenty of other teams will challenge. But looking at ourselves, we're quite a distance from building a great team. And all our top teams in the past have been great teams.

Unam333

You are for the most part right. However, we have spent alot on signings (Maguire, Pogba), we can offer crazy contract money (Sanchez, De Gea). It's not like we can't match City financially.

In the end the prospect of winning trophies and believing the club's future football approach are the most important things to consider for players like Grealish.

All the major clubs are in transition. It's an opportune time. But do you see Guardiola being there for the next decade?
No, but considering they managed to convince the best manager in the World to leave Bayern and join shitty Man City, you can bet your arse their next manager will be the best manager in the World at that time.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

I'm not too worried with regards to the long-term. Plenty of other teams will challenge. But looking at ourselves, we're quite a distance from building a great team. And all our top teams in the past have been great teams.
They are building a network of clubs across the world which will help them dominate in the long term.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
People definitely don’t realise and talk about them (such as Neville) as though they are a regular football club. Look how dominant Juve were till Inter started spending but one league title later and Inter are reigning it in again, City NEVER have to reign it in. Good season, bad season, 60 m on a CB last year that didn’t work out? Here’s another 60m, get a new one.
City can just spend to their hearts content, it means absolutely nothing, it’s not gonna be like Real Madrid coming to an end of a cycle and not having the cash for Pogba or Mbappe right now, they want them, they get them, simple as that.

And other clubs such as Barca or United pay a heavy price for shit investment, it hampers their ability the following season to strengthen, a bad buy hampers City not one iota. They don’t even have to worry that a CL win might have them losing their best player (a la United with Ronaldo). They simply aren’t playing the same game.
In the end, it was just an insanely terrible decision for the Premier League to allow one of its clubs to be bought by a state. Once you open that door, the spending playing field always going to be tilted because a state will always have more resources and also different priorities than even the richest individual, not to mention you turn one of your clubs into a sport washing enterprise for a dictatorship.

Say what one will about the American sports model, no league in the US would ever, ever, ever have allowed that to happen.

They are building a network of clubs across the world which will help them dominate in the long term.
People also seem not to understand that if City have managed to get these players and this manager to that football club previously, just imagine what they’ll be able to do in the transfer market as the Champions of Europe and utterly dominant side in England with the chance to work under Pep.

Red Star One

Erm, yes it fecking is.

We’re miles off City financially.
We're miles off City financially when you think about big picture, it shows in squad depth and their ability to spend those random 50 millions on few defenders each transfer window. In terms of poaching a single player though, I think there is pretty much no difference. If it was a second Messi that for some reason only wanted to join a Manchester club than yes, they'd outbid us, but when we talk Grealish or pretty much any other single player on the market, we are surely able to match their transfer offer and wages.

snk123

With this news and the earlier reports that the players were urging Ole for Grealish but he's preferring Sancho - it is depressing times for Utd for the next few years.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

We decide when you buy?
Whatever it takes, man.

I know player can be a flop, when playing at different team. But I'm almost 100% sure, he will have the same impact as Bruno, if United get him. He'll take us to another level.

Status
Not open for further replies.