Great United goals that are often forgotten

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Good shout, I had completely forgotten about that goal. Memphis had some amazing moments, remember he destroyed that Danish team, but among too many stinkers.
He absolutely murdered that fullback. Didn't he later say in an interview that he never wants to feel like that again or something similar :lol: ?

Stig

Yesterday I watched some of these goals and in one I saw:- Keane, Beckham, Scholes and RvN.
Today's version off that is something like, Fred, McTominay, Sancho and Martial.

Just look at the difference in quality we are dealing with. Those groups of 4 probably shouldn't be playing in the same league and that is what we are playing with now.
No wonder people are frustrated.

davidmichael

Mark Hughes last second volley against Oldham in 1994 in the FA Cup semi final stands out for me as does Lee Sharpe’s goal against Arsenal in the league cup in 1990 too.

ScholesyTheWise

Watching this goal pains me to this day. I don’t know why, but I vividly remember watching that game, wave after wave, and we couldn’t break Blackburn down. Finally, Valencia scored and it was such a relief and felt like we won the league, especially as City lost to Arsenal shortly before or after, can’t remember. Well, then we collapsed….
Great goal though. Overall, 2011/12 was such an enjoyable league campaign, only to end with the Aguero moment.
Yeah, it really did. I remember how I posted in another forum how circa the 80 minutes mark I lost all hope and then Valencia hammered it in (in an interview after the game, from the little he understood of the reporter's accent, he said it was a 50-50, as in 50% cross 50% shot). It seemed like the players had more belief in them than some of our fans, me included obviously.

It was such a monumental win this one... how we managed to feck it up come the end of the season will forever bewilder me.

Chip

Such a brilliant finish from Saha. Makes it even better that it's against José's Chelsea in 06/07. Nostalgia :drool: