Greatest Full back and flanker partnerships?

Bwuk

Evra - Ronaldo wasn’t a thing.

When he was here Ronaldo mostly played on the right.

deltakaye

Paulo Maldini - Roberto Donadoni
Frank Clark - John Robertson
Steve Nicol - Ray Houghton
Lee Dixon - David Rocastle
Manuel Amoros - Chris Waddle
Frank de Boer - Marc Overmars
Eric Gerets - Gerald Vanenburg

fellaini's barber

Isn't it sad that there's been no mention of Valencia with anybody despite being our constant right back for 4+years.Evra CR7 was awesome, Messi Alves did some amazing stuff

Nedved

Darmian-Mkhitaryan is poetically the best partnerskap.

Seitaridis-Zagorakis comes close.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Cole and Robben must have been pretty good at Chelsea in 06 if they played together much.

Blackwidow

Kimmich and Müller in the national team - together 16 assists and 7 goals in the World Cup qualifiers. Germany had 39 goals and they only shared one goal - so they had a hand in 22 of the 39 goals of the team.

This season Kimmich for Bayern in the Bundesliga had either Robben or Müller in front of him - Müller 14 assists, Kimmich 10, Robben 5

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I remember always being annoyed when Neville overlapped because he wasn't as good as Beckham (I was young). I'd fecking love some of that now.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Know his first name is Kuba but his last name is ridiculous to spell.
Blaszczykowski. The usual Polish spelling (from experience, I don't speak Polish) that's so confusing is the szcz part but it really isn't anything more than that. Kuszczak, Szczesny, Piszczek etc. Looks complicated on the face of it but is much simpler when you break it down.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Valencia & No one, because we haven't had a right winger since Valencia was the right winger, and he had Smalling or Jones behind him at RB. The one man flank. Lord of the Wings etc.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Irwin - Giggs

They basically were the kings of overlapping each other and there was no better winger than Giggs for tracking back too.

Neville - Becks was great but different because Irwin scored his fair share of goals and Beckham could swing a ball in from anywhere

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Evra-Nani, my favorite.:wenger:
:nono: Nani was significantly better when he was started on the right.

Still not sure if that was a technical thing or a mental/confidence thing, e.g. he felt the manager trusted him or something when starting him in his preferred position and thus played better.

In any case I miss him. We could have used him on the right wing in the last few years...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Why are people saying Evra - Ronaldo? Ronaldo barely played on the left for us.