Greatest live music performances

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
But the best live band around today is the Roots:

Good shout.

Saw them live last month, really really impressed. I'm not a huge hip hop/rap fan usually, but The Roots are so much more. Musically, there's not one of them who isn't brilliant, and Captain Kirk on the guitar just blew my mind away. A lot of impro during the show, they do their own version of a few songs (such as Sweet child o' mine). They opened with Beastie Boys' "Paul Revere" as an hommage to Adam Yauch, was amazing.

Just a week after that, I saw Jack White in a beautiful concert hall (L'Olympia) and was also very good.

The best live performances I've seen would be A place to bury strangers and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club as well as the two referenced above.

King_Eric

As an artist, this must be pretty much the best thing you could hope to experience. A crowd like this singing every single word with you.

From the same DVD:

I get goosebumps every time I see these.

Moby

Dick
There isn't a chance in hell of any other live act to come anywhere close to this. That collab was legendary already but to finally come together and do that. This is fecking it.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
There isn't a chance in hell of any other live act to come anywhere close to this. That collab was legendary already but to finally come together and do that. This is fecking it.

I am in no way able to tell if that is irony or serious.

Moby

Dick
I am in no way able to tell if that is irony or serious.
The sea of people losing their minds in that video should answer that question.

Witnessed them live a week ago here and that's the greatest 90 minutes of any live act I'll ever experience.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
The sea of people losing their minds in that video should answer that question.

Witnessed them live a week ago here and that's the greatest 90 minutes of any live act I'll ever experience.
That’s cool. Absolutely not my type of music, though.
I was fortunate enough to be at that glasto set, one of the best nights of my life.
I have an easy time believing this. They are great live. I once saw them at Pukkelpop. They played right after The War on Drugs. That was a great evening.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
That’s cool. Absolutely not my type of music, though.

I have an easy time believing this. They are great live. I once saw them at Pukkelpop. They played right after The War on Drugs. That was a great evening.
Seen the War on Drugs a few times too. Insanely good live.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Seen the War on Drugs a few times too. Insanely good live.
They are. And they are a good fit with Arcade Fire. The funny thing was that before The War on Drugs, Dua Lipa was playing on that stage. So after her, all the kids left and we could easily walk to the front of the stage for The War on Drugs and Arcade Fire. We stood right in the middle of the first row. Great day. And to this day, the main reason I like Dua Lipa. :lol:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
They are. And they are a good fit with Arcade Fire. The funny thing was that before The War on Drugs, Dua Lipa was playing on that stage. So after her, all the kids left and we could easily walk to the front of the stage for The War on Drugs and Arcade Fire. We stood right in the middle of the first row. Great day. And to this day, the main reason I like Dua Lipa. :lol:
The National headlined All Points East a few years back and they brought on Adam from the war on drugs for their encore. They've been friends for decades apparently.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
The National headlined All Points East a few years back and they brought on Adam from the war on drugs for their encore. They've been friends for decades apparently.
That’s so cool. These things never happen when I’m at concerts. So I’m a bit envious.

I just remembered my best concert experience. Rock am Ring when first the Editors, then QOTSA and then NIN played the same stage. What an amazing night.