Green and Gold must return

markhughes

The Green and Gold protest must resume as soon as possible, would it be possible to change the colours of the forum perhaps?

We must band together and act now, I personally will not spend another penny on Utd until the Glazers are out of this club, the soul of the club we love is dying.

Gutted

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
I'm with you this makes me feel sick. But if anything the Glazers are never leaving now. They are set to become a lot richer now for ever. And even if all of us never bought a ticket again they would probably move our games to some stadium in Asia

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Genuinely deflated. If this idea materialises, I'm out for real. I'll get loads of time back and actually enjoy life.

I hope it goes away but it doesn't seem to be happening.

RedDevilRoshi

I'm with you this makes me feel sick. But if anything the Glazers are never leaving now. They are set to become a lot richer now for ever. And even if all of us never bought a ticket again they would probably move our games to some stadium in Asia
That’s unfortunately the truth.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
The FA are now finally paying the price for allowing the Glazer parasites into this club. An act of war against the game...

sport2793

Ironically, the Green and Gold protests demonstrated why this Super League might successfully be formed, as no amount of protests prevented the Glazers from establishing an iron grip on United. Dreaming of a return for the Green and Gold, during a pandemic where fans aren't even allowed in stadiums, shows that most fans are either too stupid to learn from history or don't care enough to organize effectively to oppose this.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Perfect time and cause for united fans to band together and remove these prices. Glazers out!

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
It was quite impactful at the games to see the Newton Heath colours and the Glazers apparently hate it. I’m not saying we just change the forum colours but we can start there for sure and lead the way.
Sadly it wasn't impactful enough to change anything, I don't think there's anything the fans can do that can actually change things at the club, the amount of money at play is too large for anything to change.

SecondFig

Sadly it wasn't impactful enough to change anything, I don't think there's anything the fans can do that can actually change things at the club, the amount of money at play is too large for anything to change.
The one thing fans can do is what fans never do - boycott matches, boycott club merchandise. Actually hit them in the pocket. But it never materialises. We're screwed... If this goes ahead, and it looks like it will, I'm done with the club. Been a United fan since '87, but bugger this

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
The one thing fans can do is what fans never do - boycott matches, boycott club merchandise. Actually hit them in the pocket. But it never materialises. We're screwed... If this goes ahead, and it looks like it will, I'm done with the club. Been a United fan since '87, but bugger this
With a club as big as Manchester United you can't organize a big enough boycott to impact the club financially, maybe fans dissatisfaction with the recent news can lead to something but I think there's a very low chance of that happening.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
That's because all fans (die-hard and less die-hard) would need to organise around the cause on a global scale which is unlikely to ever happen.

Chabon

I was there for that Portsmouth game where the scarves first because truly widespread, and it was amazing in the moment, but the campaign would only have worked if we’d all boycotted matches.

And now even that wouldn’t matter, look at the last year. They don’t need us any more.

Roboc7

Green and Gold is a total waste of time and effort, this Super League is the dream scenario for Glazers and other American owners it’s why they bought into the clubs.

Only way to have an impact is no one buy a season ticket, no one go the ground next season, let them keep playing in front of banners. Zero chance of that happening though.

Enough fans are fickle, Green and Gold until club is sold was forgotten as soon as we got better, if we start next season well a lot of this uproar will be forgotten.

Grande

Green and Gold is a total waste of time and effort, this Super League is the dream scenario for Glazers and other American owners it’s why they bought into the clubs.

Only way to have an impact is no one buy a season ticket, no one go the ground next season, let them keep playing in front of banners. Zero chance of that happening though.

Enough fans are fickle, Green and Gold until club is sold was forgotten as soon as we got better, if we start next season well a lot of this uproar will be forgotten.
I don’t know if you stand for something or not in this matter, one thing is clear: Trying to shoot down ways to express resistance to the Glazer’s, Agnelli’s and Perez’ mutiny, you are effectively supporting it wether you like it or not.

Green and Gold is one of many ways to express antipathy to this takeover, and it is not forgotten (in evidence), and it is not easily misunderstood.

Roboc7

I don’t know if you stand for something or not in this matter, one thing is clear: Trying to shoot down ways to express resistance to the Glazer’s, Agnelli’s and Perez’ mutiny, you are effectively supporting it wether you like it or not.

Green and Gold is one of many ways to express antipathy to this takeover, and it is not forgotten (in evidence), and it is not easily misunderstood.
No Green and Gold exactly why Glazers can get away with this, it’s half hearted. Wearing a scarf while still lining the owners pockets, the loyalty fans show even if they are unhappy is why Premier League is so attractive. Wear the scarves and watch Glazers keep doing whatever whey want. It’s a nice idea and makes people feel like their doing something but that’s it, fans has chance to stop this by buying shares (I did) but they weren’t interested, they’d rather have a shirt or a scarf.

Morpheus 7

This is the beginning of the end, if fans accept this then forget about the naming rights of the stadium being kept. When is enough for fans to say no. No more buying merchandise, no more renewal of season tickets. They will bleed the name Manchester United to it means nothing. Stop this bad attitude of someone else will take your place, that's how nothing is achieved. They have been stealing money for years the Glazers, now they think because fans are not there this can happen. Sneaky greedy bastards, when Alex Ferguson comes out at slams it, what more will it take for fans to finally unite and go against these imposters.

Grande

No Green and Gold exactly why Glazers can get away with this, it’s half hearted. Wearing a scarf while still lining the owners pockets, the loyalty fans show even if they are unhappy is why Premier League is so attractive. Wear the scarves and watch Glazers keep doing whatever whey want. It’s a nice idea and makes people feel like their doing something but that’s it, fans has chance to stop this by buying shares (I did) but they weren’t interested, they’d rather have a shirt or a scarf.
I bought shares too. Some people got g and g scarves AND boicotted. There are different levels and ways of opposition. The ones paying and going to games with g and g are likelier to take a sharper step next time compared to those paying and not wearing g’n’g - in the eyes of themselves, the media, the club and the owners. G’n’g is a simple and visual way of expressing loyalty to the historical club and opposition to the current club hierarchy at the same time. Sometimes such expressions are enough to provoke changes, other times, more is needed. More - not less. Larger crowds taking sharper measures of resistance is built on the back of such expressions - not in competition with it.

markhughes

Exactly, it isn’t a silver bullet but it is a very visual way of showing our displeasure and just one of many strategies.

GreenandGold2021

I think the only course of action is to block all entrances to Old Trafford. If enough people stand in the way of the entrances and players and fans can't get in then the games won't go ahead.

Crashoutcassius

I'm just going to stop following the club if it happens. The club is gone if it happens. Only a matter of time before the first club moves cities

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It’s an absolute fantasy that the Glazers might be bought out by some sort of altruistic sugar daddy that comes with zero baggage.

The best we can hope for and something all supporters clubs should be campaigning for right now is mandatory supporters club ownership of a portion of shares that carry enough voting rights to veto the owners.

This might just be the time where there is enough appetite nationwide to force this through.

Grande

It’s an absolute fantasy that the Glazers might be bought out by some sort of altruistic sugar daddy that comes with zero baggage.

The best we can hope for and something all supporters clubs should be campaigning for right now is mandatory supporters club ownership of a portion of shares that carry enough voting rights to veto the owners.

This might just be the time where there is enough appetite nationwide to force this through.
Yes, it’s probably the only way to halt the development the greediest owners are pushing for.

Scholesgoals

I've been feeling this way for the past few years to be honest, but consoled myself with some good aspects of the club, focusing on local youth, the traditions of the club, and the way we handled furlough was good (compared to Liverpool) United as a force for good, despite having international noodle sponsers and official mint sauce partners. The entire PLC side of it felt like a necessary evil to ensure that we have the best facilities and young talent. I no longer have a family connection to Manchester as my family now live in Spain and Ireland (i was not born in Manchester, but they all were)

Over time it has become more about brand and marketing with the eventual total homogenisation of the club and football as a whole. This ESL is the ultimate end result of that. My partner doesn't understand why i follow a particular club, and the above reasons were what i gave her. ESL kills that off in one. What's the point in supporting a team that has no connection to its fanbase? If anything its a little bit sad. Its like those people that give tenners to fit birds on twitch for wearing a low cut top. I don't care if we buy two massive Neymar tits and he does little sexy backheels over twitch.

The game's gone lads, i'm going to have to support fecking tennis now.

thesheriffjw

Is the season going to finish. Uefa have confirmed utd have withdrawn from their euro club association also

Does this mean EL will be banished.

what about CL? Will PSG be given CL by default as city, real and chelsea are punished?

Something is very wrong right now

SwedishFish

Is the season going to finish. Uefa have confirmed utd have withdrawn from their euro club association also

what about CL? Will PSG be given CL by default as city, real and chelsea are punished?

Yes I'm sure UEFA will shoot themselves in the foot and pay BACK all the revenue from the cancelled CL/EL finals to broadcasters all around the world...

Grande

I think the only course of action is to block all entrances to Old Trafford. If enough people stand in the way of the entrances and players and fans can't get in then the games won't go ahead.
In addition, withdrawing all banners of support from Old Trafford for the remainder of the season is a minimum. Replace it with green and gold messages.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

the big clubs are only doing this because together they have UEFA by the balls. This season will play out as normal. I think so far it’s all just a rough negotiating tactic.

arthurka

When you will be offered to buy a League Pass for 10 eur/season like the NBA no one will complain one bit about this shit.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I’ve been asking on this forum but surely there’s protests planned at Old Trafford? Has to be.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Agreed Pex, I hope this happens.

BoltonWanderer

Supports
Bolton Wanderers
I think what will happen at clubs like United, Liverpool and Arsenal is that the fans will realise that peaceful protest is a complete waste of time because the owners simply don't care, and the hardcore fans will start to do more to protest. Fans won't just stay sat in their seat with a green and gold scarf on, they'll run onto the pitch and handcuff themselves to the goalposts. They'll invade the pitch during games and cause the Premier League to deduct points, or make United lose the match 0-3, and eventually, United fans will be banned from the stadium, forcing a 100% boycott.

Nobody wants to see that happen. I'd hate it, but it feels inevitable. I'm not a staunch United fan, but I can understand the anger from United fans and I feel like an escalation of the situation is inevitable at this point. The fans won't just protest with a green and gold scarf, there'll be some who are willing to risk a lifetime ban to hurt the club where it counts. I'm not sure what the FA rules are, but if fans actions starts to mean that United lose games 0-3, that's what the Glazer's will recognise. If that happened 3 times in a row, they'd be thinking more about selling at that point than they would from a decade of green and gold protests.

What happened at Charlton feels like a glimpse of what we will see in the Premier League at grounds like the Emirates, Anfield and Old Trafford. These owners will only leave when they're punished with fines, losing games, empty stadiums, point deductions etc. and fans can make that happen. It's an ugly situation but it's those scummy owners who've started it, not loyal fans of good, honest clubs with proud histories.

bleedred

I am just curious as to how it would work and What are the legal measures to push it through?. the parliament?.

would it require the glazers to dilute their shares?

Foxbatt

Why hasn't Manchester United supporters club has not done anything unlike Liverpool and Chelsea supporters clubs?