g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Greenwood (Out) - signs for Getafe on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
No, he would be an idiot if he waived his only guaranteed vehicle of income at the moment. He can always play football after.

Same goes for Maguire. The Caf experts said he was ruining himself by not taking a financial haircut to go to West Ham. Guess who just got selected for the English squad and is an injury away from playing for United?
I disagreed regarding Maguire but I think Greenwood is better starting his career again. He'll definitely get snapped up by somebody on a free, potentially a signing bonus if there's enough interest. But he'll also be able to start building up to a good salary again. He's only 21. If he gets 20 or 30k a week then what's the issue? By the time he's 23/24 he'll probably be nearer 100k and he'll also have more teams willing to take him on.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I see the usual twats are in here delighted he hasn't signed with anyone, all hoping the scumbag can now go back playing for us. Unbelievable the "fans" we have supporting our club.
Asking "what has he done?"

It's genuinely frightening the attitude so many seem to have. I'll be keeping a close eye on my daughter as she grows up, these apologists are walking red flags of the calibre of person out there.

sepulturite

Asking "what has he done?"

It's genuinely frightening the attitude so many seem to have. I'll be keeping a close eye on my daughter as she grows up, these apologists are walking red flags of the calibre of person out there.
Yep exactly mate. As I've said before on here, my sister went through a very long domestic abuse relationship, I know all the signs of one now after talking to her and looking back, people would be surprised at the similarities I'm seeing in the MG case (aside from the rape accusations thank god). I just can't believe how dismissive and blinkered people on here are over the whole thing, "oh he's back together with her and have a child, that shows you it was all lies and everything is A-OK now" ffs.

RVN1991

Think you aren't getting it, fella, you literally said they should be named and shamed.

Do it then.
Definition of throwing rocks then hiding your hand. Sounds like the type to stand behind a woman beater for sure.

Mainoldo

Can only happen outside of window if termination done before the closure of our window.
Can you not read the word loan. What exactly are we terminating?

It might shock some people.. but if we terminate his contract he’s free to try and sign for who he likes.

flappyjay

It might shock some people.. but if we terminate his contract he’s free to try and sign for who he likes.
It says so on the tweet that United can agree severance with him and he signs outside the window.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I really cannot help but wonder about how people percieve the concept of rehabilitation, with views like this being this common.

Okay, he abused someone aged what, 20? Until when is this what defines him? 50? Until he dies?
A lot of people have done a lot of despicable things before turning into (more or less) mature and productive members of society.

This thing will absolutely not define him at 50 if he makes an effort to distance himself from it.

He hasn't done that, though, has he?

What he has done is a) to break his bail conditions and b) to release a lawyer-approved "statement". Neither of which - predictably - did much to endear him to the public.

(I'm not saying that he's obliged to endear himself to the public - he hasn't been convicted of any crime, not even of breaking his bail conditions - but if the idea is that he's someone we should feel sorry for, to some degree, it seems relevant to mention the fact.)

tomaldinho1

Feel like we've kind of swept this under the rug rather than sorted it but at least he's out.

Plastic Evra

Feel like we've kind of swept this under the rug rather than sorted it but at least he's out.
It's a series of ad hoc compromises since the club finally had to come out and give a decision that wasn't maybe the one they had planned for until then. In a sense they just shipped the problem as far south they could for a year. But pending confirmation it is done and everyone got a temporary respite.

strandty

Can you not read the full tweet?

And yes if we terminate it he can sign for who he likes…but if he terminates after 11pm, he can only play for clubs whose window is still open when his contract was terminated. Otherwise he’s not playing until Jan 1st.

Mainoldo

Can you not read the full tweet?

And yes if we terminate it he can sign for who he likes…but if he terminates after 11pm, he can only play for clubs whose window is still open when his contract was terminated. Otherwise he’s not playing until Jan 1st.
It was clearly an opinion piece. We was never going to terminate as we would have done so already.

Pintu

Yeah, strikes me as odd that Spanish teams would be interested in the midst of the Rubiales uproar.
Somewhat like Lorient giving Mendy a contract… Getafe doesn’t have sponsors to lose over this. But I am waiting to see how their fans react to it…

Status
Not open for further replies.