Griezmann - Barcelona player

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
Not entirely sure about this one. I can't say I've ever liked or rated him as much as some do. On the other hand, Atletico are fuming about it which is a great bonus.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
If Valverde doesn't feck up, 2019-20 attacking Barça should be Griezmann-Suárez-Messi, occasionally Dembélé-Griezmann-Messi.

I don't believe Neymar is coming back this summer; if he does, Suárez might as well accept the bench for most of the season or ask for a transfer.

Curious to see if Messi has (/will?) forgiven Griezmann, or if he and Suárez will become best pals (Griezmann's weird love for Uruguay) or bitter enemies/rivals for the CF spot.

Last edited:

SirAF

Ageist
If Valverde doesn't feck up, 2019-20 attacking Barça should be Griezmann-Suárez-Messi, occasionally Dembélé-Griezmann-Messi.

I don't believe Neymar is coming back this summer; if he does, Suárez might as well accept the bench for most of the season or ask for a transfer.

Curious to see if Messi has (/will?) forgive Griezmann, or if he and Suárez will become best pals (Griezmann's weird love for Uruguay) or bitter enemies/rivals for the CF spot.
What’s that about?

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Safest bet for the next CL winners, another match winner and consistent goal scorer, on top of the supremely talented De Jong.
Valverde; that's all.

Plus Barça still has the same defense of the Rome-Liverpool debacles. Not signing De Ligt will haunt them for seasons to come, unless Umtiti becomes the player he used to be.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
What’s that about?
Could be just a fabrication of the press, but Messi seemed quite angry when they asked him about Griezmann some weeks ago, like "I don't want to talk about him". Word is out that he was particularly pissed off with the whole "La Decisión" travesty of past summer 2018.

SirAF

Ageist
Could be just a fabrication of the press, but Messi seemed quite angry when they asked him about Griezmann some weeks ago, like "I don't want to talk about him". Word is out that he was particularly pissed off with the whole "La Decisión" travesty of past summer 2018.
Ah, I see.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
We have all the resources to be Barca level and attract similar talent, but aren't. So frustrating.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Safest bet for the next CL winners, another match winner and consistent goal scorer, on top of the supremely talented De Jong.
Their defence is still crap. Juve are shaping up nicely and if they get De Ligt they will be favourites.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Their defence is still crap. Juve are shaping up nicely and if they get De Ligt they will be favourites.
That entirely depends on Ronaldo getting back to scoring 40-50 goals a season, Juve are great but they don’t have the same attacking quality that Barcelona have, they also have a new manager, who knows how that works out.

Also, is Barca’s defence that bad? their issues in defence are more tactical from what I’ve seen, Pique is on the decline but I don’t think it’s crap, they have the fire power to compensate for that either way.

U-N-I-T-E-D

Am I the only one wondering why we’re not snapping this guy up? Rumour has it that he has a release clause of just £800m...

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
There board is an absolute joke. Literally feel sorry for the next president for them.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
They seem to sign a bunch of players who do the same thing.

De Jong & Arthur. Griezmann & Messi. Vidal & Raktic.

And their back four is still vulnerable.

izec

What does the second chance part mean?
i assume second time he had the chance to join Barca after rejecting them last year, seen as a mistake by Barca and now he had the opportunity 'to make it right'. Thats the only thing i can think of

Last edited:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Really hope Simeone has some dark arts up his sleeve and smashes these cnuts.

Nico87

I wonder if that video will come and bite them on the ass, could Athletico potentially use it as evidence that Barca agreed the deal before his release clause was reduced, if he’s filmed a promo video before the offer has been paid.

Deery

Dreary
It’s like he’s selling aftershave or something, don’t know about others but I’m getting more and more detached from today’s footballers.

Mark1361

Quality signing for any team, I guess. Will he replace Messi eventually, when he retires?

Barcelona have spent over €200 million now on signings, cannot see them buying Neymar anymore.
If they want Neymar they get him some how. they can set up a loan this season with commitment to buy next season. Unlike us they want to win things and know how to do it.

Schneckerl

Why do people hate this guy?
1) 2018: Made a documentary about his decision whether to join Barca or stay with Atletico
2) The clubs weren't aware of the outcome before the video was released
3) In the end he decided to stay in Madrid citing his love for the club and got a fat contract
4) 2019: Just one year later he reverses his decision and joins Barca

kirk buttercup

Like him as a player. But is an absolute bellend off the pitch . Seriously Bellend level 10

Last edited:

chiz2kul

Why do people hate this guy? Genuine question. He's a great player.
I personally dont get it. Is it his weird celebration? His indecision about which club to play for?
I dont get it and its silly. He a fantastic little player, hard worker, helps out in defense, scores goals and appears to be a +1 in the locker room.
Dont get the vitriol online.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Was just about asking the same. I mean, yes, he's one of that social media footballers but surely that can't be the whole reason?

After all, the guy spent his prime years at Atletico. He could've moved much earlier und it would robably have been better for his career considering his quality. Instead, he stayed and played for an ultra defensive B tier team without realistic chances on titles or the possibility of high goal scoring seasons. Mainly because of the club, Simeone and his fondness of Uruguay. His SM antics aside that should actually make him a very popular footballer.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
1) 2018: Made a documentary about his decision whether to join Barca or stay with Atletico
2) The clubs weren't aware of the outcome before the video was released
3) In the end he decided to stay in Madrid citing his love for the club and got a fat contract
4) 2019: Just one year later he reverses his decision and joins Barca
There are two important parameter, he stayed because Atletico had a registration ban and his best mate, Godin, left Atletico this summer.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
It's easy to see really. He checks all the boxes.

He had a terrible dive leading to France's 1st goal in WC final. He did the whole black face thing. His whole 13 year old try hard attitude and that weird Uruguay thing.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I wonder if that video will come and bite them on the ass, could Athletico potentially use it as evidence that Barca agreed the deal before his release clause was reduced, if he’s filmed a promo video before the offer has been paid.
I hope so, purely because I'm sick of them and Real constantly unsettling players.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Really hope Simeone has some dark arts up his sleeve and smashes these cnuts.
You mean not so dark arts?
Dark arts is Atletico's bread and butter. And they do feck all against Mes que en cnuts

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
The numpty should have scored that pen in in the CL final in Milan before Carrasco's equaliser, but he blasted it. Could have been 2-1 and Atletico's first CL title. They were the better team that second half aswell before the pens.