Gaming Guardians of the Galaxy (PS5/Inferior Consoles) | On PlayStation Plus Extra and Game Pass

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Honestly having a blast with this. Chapter 8 was great. Character design has been done so well. Combines an enjoyable story with some really fun gameplay. Would highly recommend for those who haven’t yet tried it.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Is it good in a 'we've not had many good games this year' type of way, particularly 3rd person action adventure which are usually really common. Or is it, good in a 'no its actually really good', way?

Was really surprised by the positive reception this got.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
My GOTY. One of the best gaming experiences in a long while.

Also, the Guardians are fantastically portrayed. Dare I say even better than the films?

b82REZ

Getting this for Xmas.

Considering it's relatively short I plan to finish it next week while I'm off work.

Have to say I expected it to be shit, but it's getting constant praise from everywhere. Also helps that those environments look :drool:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Is it good in a 'we've not had many good games this year' type of way, particularly 3rd person action adventure which are usually really common. Or is it, good in a 'no its actually really good', way?

Was really surprised by the positive reception this got.
I would definitely say the latter. I really didn’t expect much from it but I find the battle system so much fun and it has a genuinely interesting story to go with it. And as @DatIrishFella says, the characters have been done so well.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I wish you had made such a compelling case back when it was on sale for 28 quid

Alock1

Thread title suggests its a PS5 exclusive but I thought it was multi-plat?

AaronRedDevil

Best game I've played this year. And the most fun game I've played since Telltale Borderlands game. I'm still shocked it didn't suck. So many cameos that were a surprised.

NM

Great story, poor gameplay IMO. Bought it for $20 and worth it for that, not more. The dialogue is fantastic

Alock1

Why the title change? Preferred the old one :lol:

How long is it Elvis?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Why the title change? Preferred the old one :lol:

How long is it Elvis?
I wouldn’t say it’s short, I’m upto Chapter 9 now and I’d say I’ve been playing around 10 hours if not more? There are 16 chapters in total, so you’re probably looking at around 15/20 hours.

I found medium difficulty a bit too easy so upped it to hard - gives it an added challenge.

Last edited:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Played it a few weeks ago. Had a lot of fun with it. Miles better than that Avengers game they released.

b82REZ

This is really good.

Reminds me of Uncharted with its large set piece moments.

The fight mechanics are actually really good, and the game is genuinely funny.

I also love the fact you can make the characters looks like the film version of themselves rather the poundshop version.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I know @Damien appreciates a platinum screenshot.

Overall an impressive game, really enjoyed it. I do think the battle system, whilst fun to start with, doesn’t really develop as much as I’d have liked as you progress with the game. That was disappointing in all honesty, and the ‘perks’ you can get are all pretty ‘meh’. A really good story though and a great cast of characters who are portrayed really well. A fun game all in all.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Overall an impressive game, really enjoyed it. I do think the battle system, whilst fun to start with, doesn’t really develop as much as I’d have liked as you progress with the game. That was disappointing in all honesty, and the ‘perks’ you can get are all pretty ‘meh’. A really good story though and a great cast of characters who are portrayed really well. A fun game all in all.
I am going to get this on the back of your recommendation.

Alock1

How many hours did it take you to finish?

Really tempted to get this but I burnt out on marvel/dc stuff years ago. Linear levels, combat which boils down to hold left trigger to aim and right trigger to fire with the occassional dodge button thrown in doesn't sound particularly appealing. Would make for a perfect gamepass/ps now game.

Does look cool though and everybody I know who has played it says they had good fun with it. Just an easy play which I definitely prefer than something with more challenge right now.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
How many hours did it take you to finish?

Really tempted to get this but I burnt out on marvel/dc stuff years ago. Linear levels, combat which boils down to hold left trigger to aim and right trigger to fire with the occassional dodge button thrown in doesn't sound particularly appealing. Would make for a perfect gamepass/ps now game.

Does look cool though and everybody I know who has played it says they had good fun with it. Just an easy play which I definitely prefer than something with more challenge right now.
Shows my play time as 21 hours.

The game is linear and battling with Quill is pretty much a left to aim right to shoot sort of style, though you do have your other Guardians whom you need to command depending on the fight, so there’s a bit more to it.

I’m the opposite now, trying to find a game which will give me a challenge. Though I fancy something similar to Resident Evil (they need to hurry up with the Dead Space remake!).

Alock1

Shows my play time as 21 hours.

The game is linear and battling with Quill is pretty much a left to aim right to shoot sort of style, though you do have your other Guardians whom you need to command depending on the fight, so there’s a bit more to it.

I’m the opposite now, trying to find a game which will give me a challenge. Though I fancy something similar to Resident Evil (they need to hurry up with the Dead Space remake!).
21 hours is decent enough for a game like this. Might even be a bit long to be honest. Good to know, ta.

Hmm, Deathloop or Hitman 3 maybe? Not Res Evil like of course but potential for a challenge.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It’s the sort of game I want to play but it also feels it’s inevitable it’ll be on game pass within a year so what’s the point. Stupid game pass.