Guardiola confirmed to City... what does this mean for us?

misterredmist

We have no way of knowing if Heynckes could have repeated the treble, or even if he would've wanted to stay, so I fail to see what you are getting at. In his two and a half years Pep helped Bayern to maintain an incredible high level and he deserves credit for that. Obviously he didn't won us the CL in the last 2 years, but for me that shouldn't be hold against him. A CL title is still unpredictable and Bayern isn't the only very good team competing for it.
You fail to see what I was getting at ? I just asked you a question , Yes or No would have done .... as i told you, the people I speak to in Germany tell me they are looking forward to Ancelotti, that and that pep is too much of a control freak ......... as for Bayern winning the Bundesliga, as Dortmund have faltered there is no competition, hence a lot of German fans think their own league is very boring, and prefer to watch ours....

Xivon

Supports
Bayern Munich
You fail to see what I was getting at ? I just asked you a question , Yes or No would have done .... as i told you, the people I speak to in Germany tell me they are looking forward to Ancelotti, that and that pep is too much of a control freak ......... as for Bayern winning the Bundesliga, as Dortmund have faltered there is no competition, hence a lot of German fans think their own league is very boring, and prefer to watch ours....
The title race might be boring (although Dortmund has been great this season), the fight for CL and EL spots and the relegation battle is not. And I doubt that the majority of Bundesliga fans prefer to watch the PL, with their own team playing in it, but of course there's no proof to my claim.

And for the question: Right after the treble I would probably have given Heynckes a contract for life, but in hindsight I'm glad how things have panned out.

Darwin09

Theory of Thread Pollution
Couldn't imagine Real letting Ronaldo and Bale go, especially to us after the De Gea saga.
Money talks. The De Gea saga surely burned a few bridges but I can't imagine a world where two clubs like Madrid and United refuse to do business with each other.

There's always been whispers of Ronaldo's desire to return to OT, and given he's on the wrong side of 30, there could be incentive on all sides for him to spend his last few years of elite level football at United.

Regarding Bale, there's no way he finishes his career in Spain where's he's not appreciated. He will want to come back to the UK at a top team while he's still in his prime.

One thing is for sure, if we do bring in Mourinho we will not be seeing Ronaldo back here.
I thought there was something I didn't know, but everything I've seen in the press indicates they'd work together again. http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...sea-manager-jose-mourinho-again-a3110701.html

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
One thing is for sure, if we do bring in Mourinho we will not be seeing Ronaldo back here.
As if he was coming back anyway. Also I would prefer Mou here than Ronaldo right now because we have to look at long term and Mou is definitely the better option.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Toni Cascerino says they will win the league next season with like 10-15 points. It would be a lie if I said I don't think it's possible.

RDCR07

What does this mean for us? Well my initial reaction says we are well and truly fecked.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Toni Cascerino says they will win the league next season with like 10-15 points. It would be a lie if I said I don't think it's possible.
Depends on what the competition is like. If say, Arsenal, have a decent challenge and get into the early 80's points wise, then no, City won't win by 10-15 points. If they have no strong competition though, then it's definitely a possibility.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Unless he wins the CL with them in the 3 seasons he's there (and I can't see that happening - although the same was said about Chelsea when they did) then he shouldn't be lauded as a success.

Winning the PL should be simple enough as the standard of the league is below average, and any decent team would be miles ahead this season.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Unless he wins the CL with them in the 3 seasons he's there (and I can't see that happening - although the same was said about Chelsea when they did) then he shouldn't be lauded as a success.

Winning the PL should be simple enough as the standard of the league is below average, and any decent team would be miles ahead this season.
:lol:

People underestimate how difficult it is to win the CL. There's a reason that no one has retained it. If Guardiola were to win 3 titles and 2 CL's (which in itself is unlikely), then of course he'd be a massive success.

Moonred

People underestimate how difficult it is to win the CL. There's a reason that no one has retained it. If Guardiola were to win 3 titles and 2 CL's (which in itself is unlikely), then of course he'd be a massive success.
Obviously means winning only 1 CL. But even that is tough with other quality teams around. However, determination of success shouldn't be that black and white. Pep could be a success even without winning the Cl although that is most definitely City's main aim.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Obviously means winning only 1 CL. But even that is tough with other quality teams around. However, determination of success shouldn't be that black and white. Pep could be a success even without winning the Cl although that is most definitely City's main aim.
Ah yeah, apologies to @vi1lain misread that. Although yeah, I agree with your point. Fergie's first league title came in 1993, and it took a manager of his quality until 1999 until he won it. I do think Guardiola has to win one to be regarded as having done a brilliant job, but if he's dominant in the league and improves them in Europe then he'd still be a success.

SirAF

Ageist
What does this mean for us? Well my initial reaction says we are well and truly fecked.
Me too, but then again we're always fecked right? I remember when Chelsea had won two PL titles on the bounce and brought in Shevchenko and Ballack in the summer, people were shitting themselves.

RDCR07

Me too, but then again we're always fecked right? I remember when Chelsea had won two PL titles on the bounce and brought in Shevchenko and Ballack in the summer, people were shitting themselves.
The manager is the problem now. Back then we still had Fergie. Honestly if we get Mou in the summer, then I wont be as worried.

SirAF

Ageist
The manager is the problem now. Back then we still had Fergie. Honestly if we get Mou in the summer, then I wont be as worried.
I agree. Jose would get under Guardiola's skin, he fecking hates him :lol:

bucky

According to kicker Guardiola decided to join City at the start of 2015.

Paul the Wolf

Score Predictions Competition Organiser
France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
The past three and a half years have passed really quickly, here we are with City having won every trophy available, United now languishing in the Championship, as predicted by half the Caf.
Or let's rewind back to 2016, who knows what may happen, what if a manager joined a club with an excellent record abroad but had never managed in the PL, will it be as easy as everyone predicts, who knows.
Time will tell I suppose

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Next year Pep will battle with Klopp to avoid relegation! :devil:

Hopefully he finds the same problems as LVG in implementing his possession football with the City squad. Imagine him trying to explain to someone with the 'massive brainpower' of Sterling, all this tactical stuff? Might just be fun....:D

Needham

Casc is talking through his evacuation tunnel again. City may win the league but Mourinho back to the top of his game (please) is always a points getting machine. City don't win it by 15 unless they get at least 95 points. At least. I fail to see Utd not winning and winning those games we were always supposed to. This season's anarchy will be notable for its absence next time around.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
And for the question: Right after the treble I would probably have given Heynckes a contract for life, but in hindsight I'm glad how things have panned out.
You are satisfied with Bayern's performances in the CL under Pep?

Revan

Assumptionman
Since they got thrashed in it while getting into the final in 2 out of the 3 seasons before.
Poor Fergie then. Always though that he was greatest manager ever, but it seems that he was shit considering the times the likes of Barca, Madrid and Milano walked past us.

More importantly, where would this leave Van Gaal. Finishing third in a group which contained titans like Wolfsburg and PSV.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
Poor Fergie then. Always though that he was greatest manager ever, but it seems that he was shit considering the times the likes of Barca, Madrid and Milano walked past us.
And don't forget the first round exit against OSC Lille.

More importantly, where would this leave Van Gaal. Finishing third in a group which contained titans like Wolfsburg and PSV.
It leaves him with work to do. That's the point, is the manager moving the club up or down? Under Pep Bayern moved down in the CL, not because they didn't make it to the final but because they didn't stand a chance against the best. He still got to match LvG's first year performance at Bayern.

sunama

Baghdad Bob

In 3 years, if any manager wins 3 titles AND 2 CLs, he'd probably be lauded as the greatest manager in the World ever.
Has any manager achieved that feat?

I think some people might be getting carried away with just how good Pep actually is.
He took over the treble winning team of Bayern and so far has been unable to get them to win the CL.

Revan

Assumptionman
And don't forget the first round exit against OSC Lille.

It leaves him with work to do. That's the point, is the manager moving the club up or down? Under Pep Bayern moved down in the CL, not because they didn't make it to the final but because they didn't stand a chance against the best. He still got to match LvG's first year performance at Bayern.
No, he doesn't. He hasn't reach UCL final (instead reached only semis and getting eliminated from eventual winners in both cases), but he has been exponentially better in the league. No team in Bundesliga has ever been as dominant as Pep's Bayern, not even Heyckness' Bayern who was twice the team LVG made.

They have slightly moved down a bit in UCL, and improved in the league. LVG has slightly improved on Moyes in the first season, ti become worse than Moyes on this season. If Moyes wasn't completely shit, it would have been as down and down as it is possible.

Revan

Assumptionman
In 3 years, if any manager wins 3 titles AND 2 CLs, he'd probably be lauded as the greatest manager in the World ever.
Has any manager achieved that feat?

I think some people might be getting carried away with just how good Pep actually is.
He took over the treble winning team of Bayern and so far has been unable to get them to win the CL.
You're joking, right?

Pep (for whom we're carried away about how good he is) has won 2 UCL and 3 league titles in his first three years at Barca.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
No, he doesn't. He hasn't reach UCL final (instead reached only semis and getting eliminated from eventual winners in both cases), but he has been exponentially better in the league. No team in Bundesliga has ever been as dominant as Pep's Bayern, not even Heyckness' Bayern who was twice the team LVG made.
That's why I think you're humble. Beeing even more dominant in the Bundesliga doesn't seem like a big aspiration to me. To be the best you've got to beat the best, not beating the shit out of much smaller clubs.

They have slightly moved down a bit in UCL, and improved in the league. LVG has slightly improved on Moyes in the first season, ti become worse than Moyes on this season. If Moyes wasn't completely shit, it would have been as down and down as it is possible.
At least he improved, I'm disappointed with the pace of progress also, but as long as there is progress, there's no reason to settle for the BuLi and give up on winning the CL.

Revan

Assumptionman
That's why I think you're humble. Beeing even more dominant in the Bundesliga doesn't seem like a big aspiration to me. To be the best you've got to beat the best, not beating the shit out of much smaller clubs.

At least he improved, I'm disappointed with the pace of progress also, but as long as there is progress, there's no reason to settle for the BuLi and give up on winning the CL.
Since the last time Van Gaal won UCL, Guardiola changed 6 clubs, retired, started as manager, won 6 league titles in addition to 2 UCL. The same can be said for Mourinho, bar the changing teams as footballer.

But yep, by getting rid of the cluelessone 2.0, we are giving up on winning UCL.

Paul the Wolf

Score Predictions Competition Organiser
France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
So United supposedly spend a fortune, no mention of City who have spent over £200m in the last 2 seasons on
Sterling, Delph, Otamendi, Bony, Mangala Fernando, De Bruyne.
De Bruyne should be a good buy....
Their best players are getting older.
Are City better than they were 3 years ago, not imo yet Pep's gonna walk it, hmm, will reserve judgement.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Casc is talking through his evacuation tunnel again. City may win the league but Mourinho back to the top of his game (please) is always a points getting machine. City don't win it by 15 unless they get at least 95 points. At least. I fail to see Utd not winning and winning those games we were always supposed to. This season's anarchy will be notable for its absence next time around.

cyberman

The difference between the posts on this forum and Citys actual performances is ridiculous. City have been woeful over the last two seasons yet still get praised for the way they are run and their greatest squad ever. Even their last title win was a Liverpool collapse.
They amount of posts that slammed our club based on City winning this league title are looking like a joke atm.
Looking like 2 league titles in 6 years. That domiance huh?