Shaw

de Jong
Fred
Van de Beek

Sancho
Ronaldo
Bruno

Motorman

Real statement window for us, maybe unrealistic but if anyone could pull it off, it can be Man Utd.

Add
Timber £40m
De Jong £65m
Rice £95m
Antony £50m
Total £250m

Less
Henderson £40m
AWB £30m
Others say £20m
Total £90m

Total net spend £160m

De Gea
Timber.....Varane.....Maguire.....Shaw
De Jong....Rice...
.....Sancho.....Bruno......Rashford
....Ronaldo..
Heaton, Dalot, Lindelof, Fred, McTominay, Van de Beek, Elanga, Antony, Martial

tidraKS

Real statement window for us, maybe unrealistic but if anyone could pull it off, it can be Man Utd.

Add
Timber £40m
De Jong £65m
Rice £95m
Antony £50m
Total £250m

Less
Henderson £40m
AWB £30m
Others say £20m
Total £90m

Total net spend £160m

De Gea
De Jong....Rice...
....Ronaldo..
You spent 250 million and still you’re playing both Rashford and Ronaldo. They’re both liabilities.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You spent 250 million and still you’re playing both Rashford and Ronaldo. They’re both liabilities.
There should never be a sentence trying to rope Rashford and Ronaldo into the same tier of player.

I don't think I'll bother seeking out your other posts if that's an example of their quality :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Add
Timber £40m
De Jong £65m
Rice £95m
Antony £50m
Total £250m

Less
Henderson £40m
AWB £30m
Others say £20m
Total £90m

Total net spend £160m

De Gea
De Jong....Rice...
....Ronaldo..
Wowzers, 95m on Rice and 50m on a bench filler :lol:

tidraKS

There should never be a sentence trying to rope Rashford and Ronaldo into the same tier of player.

I don't think I'll bother seeking out your other posts if that's an example of their quality :lol:
You can put them in the same tier in terms of none of them should be a starter for us. One is 37 going to 38, the other doesn’t care about football.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If we're signing de Jong, we're definitely signing 2-3 other players, because he won't be convinced if ETH says "you'll carry us on your back back to the top". He'll need to see that it's plausible we'll have a good team again.

TheDosser56

You can put them in the same tier in terms of none of them should be a starter for us. One is 37 going to 38, the other doesn’t care about football.
Yet you think the likes of Maguire, Bruno and Shaw etc are more worthy and less liabilities to start next season based on last season than Ronaldo :lol: absolute joke! Sorry I've seen some agenda drivel but that takes the biscuit.. and needs calling out.

One just won Manchester United player of the season and scored 24 goals in the worst United side of living memory feeding off scraps with no service. If anything the question should be if Ronaldo wants to stay at United and waste his final years playing for this shower of poo! Respect the GOAT and club legend! We are very lucky to have Ronaldo at the club.. otherwise we would have to sign a striker for £80M and have no budget for other signings!

the other was many peoples flop of the season

your logic is flawed. Age doesn't matter if the player performs. If your good enough your old enough.. in the same way it should be if your good enough you should be young enough!

and anyway it's Ten Hags decision and I think he will decide to start Ronaldo and he knows more about football than anyone on here. So yeah! You'll just have to get on board and support the team if we are successful (hopefully!)

Last edited:

TheDosser56

De Gea

Shaw
Timber
Varane
Dalot

De Jong
Donny

Bruno
Sancho
Antony

Ronaldo

this team can easily achieve Top 4 and if they overachieve a title challenge.

i think Donny starts the season in a show of faith by Ten Hag. In the pivot with De Jong.

avgp_1

De Gea

Timber Varane Lindelof Shaw

FdJ Fred

Sancho VdB Bruno

Ronaldo

WPMUFC

De Gea
Dalot.....Varane.....Maguire.....Telles
De Jong....Fred...
....Ronaldo..
I'm hoping we go for more first teamers, but i think after De Jong, we could be looking at a few bench / maybe signings that will not be set first teamers. Also think he'll look at the youth for rotation. There is no suggestion we are going big on "key signings", he's already laid down that the squad will get a chance (even though none of them deserve it) and I'm basing this on the players that will fight for roles.

I think VDB could challenge fred for a starting role but VDB is going to have to put in a hell of a pre season to beat fred.

Last edited:

NoPace

---------Bruno---Ronaldo---Sancho
------------------VDB-------------------
----------Fred-------------------------
-----------------De Jong--------------
Malacia-Torres-Maguire-Dalot
------------------De Gea---------------

Rashford, Garnacho, Amad, McTominay, Varane, Heaton

hingla

DDG

DALOT
TIMBER
VARANE/MAGUIRE
SHAW

FDJ
FRED/NEW SIGNING

ANTONY
BRUNO
SANCHO

RONALDO

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
—-———-—-De Gea
—-—--Maguire—-Varane
Timber—————————Shaw
——————De Jong
——-Dumfries ———-Fred
Antony————————Sancho
——————Ronaldo

—-————-—-De Gea
Timber—--Maguire—-Varane
———-De Jong———-Fred
Dumfries ———Sancho———Shaw
————Antony————Ronaldo

Sam Johnstone, Dalot, Lindelof, McT, Hannibal, Eriksen, Rashford, Elanga, Martial

No Bruno

Last edited:

redmanx

I doubt whether poor old ETH has any real idea himself of who'll line up, it seems hes just lost out to Liverpool who have signed Nunez for £64 million while the idiots supposedly in charge of our so called transfer policy sat on their hands despite ETH wanting Nunez. I wouldnt be at all surprized if hes having scond thoughts already about taking the job and Nunez wont be the last of his targets he fails to land.

macheda14

I doubt whether poor old ETH has any real idea himself of who'll line up, it seems hes just lost out to Liverpool who have signed Nunez for £64 million while the idiots supposedly in charge of our so called transfer policy sat on their hands despite ETH wanting Nunez. I wouldnt be at all surprized if hes having scond thoughts already about taking the job and Nunez wont be the last of his targets he fails to land.
One this is a lot of supposition, but two as soon as Liverpool were actually interested there was no chance he was coming here. Rumours were he was hesitant to come here when we expressed an interest and was waiting for a CL club to express interest. You can’t really blame that on us.

macheda14

—-———-—-De Gea
—-—--Maguire—-Varane
Timber—————————Shaw
——————De Jong
——-Dumfries ———-Fred
Antony————————Sancho
——————Ronaldo

—-————-—-De Gea
Timber—--Maguire—-Varane
———-De Jong———-Fred
Dumfries ———Sancho———Shaw
————Antony————Ronaldo

Sam Johnstone, Dalot, Lindelof, McT, Hannibal, Eriksen, Rashford, Elanga, Martial

No Bruno
Dumfries the RB / RWB as a CM? What?

croadyman

If we're signing de Jong, we're definitely signing 2-3 other players, because he won't be convinced if ETH says "you'll carry us on your back back to the top". He'll need to see that it's plausible we'll have a good team again.
God I hope he's had that conversation already

RC89

What's his age got to do with it? He wasn't brilliant throughout but he scored 18 Premier League goals, having made 30 appearances in a team that scored 57 in total.

He scored one more than Harry Kane, having made 7 fewer appearances.

Age should factor with transfers, not with the players selection in the team.

croadyman

One this is a lot of supposition, but two as soon as Liverpool were actually interested there was no chance he was coming here. Rumours were he was hesitant to come here when we expressed an interest and was waiting for a CL club to express interest. You can’t really blame that on us.
No but I can on the players for not giving a shite about finishing in the top 4 under Ralf

tjb

For me:

We should be looking at 4 players. 1 right back, 2 cm's and 1 attacker.

4231 or 442 diamond ( which is what he played with at Ajax to end the season, might be used to better accommodate Ronaldo)

DDG (C)
Malacia Maguire/Lindelof Varane Shaw

Sangare FDJ

Antony Bruno Sancho

Ronaldo

What's more important for me is that we build our depth over time. We would have Fred, VDB, Garner, Mctominay and Hannibal for midfield dept. We would still have Lindelof / Maguire as depth at centre back. Our goal in the next windows should be to add depth at full back. In attack, we would have Rashford, Amad, Garnacho and Elanga. If some of the youngsters can become decent players, we ship out the ones who don't progress and we sign incrementally, we could have an absolutely world class squad in a few years. Having a strong starting xi would alleviate us from the pressure of needing big signings to cover gaps

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
This Sangare guy nobody’s ever seen play and all of a sudden they’re convinced he’s the answer. There’s nothing to suggest he’s a. good enough or b. anything more than a bullshit link that’s a week old now.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
For me:

We should be looking at 4 players. 1 right back, 2 cm's and 1 attacker.

4231 or 442 diamond ( which is what he played with at Ajax to end the season, might be used to better accommodate Ronaldo)

DDG (C)
Malacia Maguire/Lindelof Varane Shaw

Sangare FDJ

Antony Bruno Sancho

Ronaldo

What's more important for me is that we build our depth over time. We would have Fred, VDB, Garner, Mctominay and Hannibal for midfield dept. We would still have Lindelof / Maguire as depth at centre back. Our goal in the next windows should be to add depth at full back. In attack, we would have Rashford, Amad, Garnacho and Elanga. If some of the youngsters can become decent players, we ship out the ones who don't progress and we sign incrementally, we could have an absolutely world class squad in a few years. Having a strong starting xi would alleviate us from the pressure of needing big signings to cover gaps
Pretty sure Macalia is a left back dude. Dumfries and Frimpong are RB options but I doubt we'll get one of those.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
This Sangare guy nobody’s ever seen play and all of a sudden they’re convinced he’s the answer. There’s nothing to suggest he’s a. good enough or b. anything more than a bullshit link that’s a week old now.
I just think he's too much of a defensive stopper. The guy next to De Jong needs to be a two way player and I'm not sure that's Sangare.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
DDG

Timber
Varane
Maguire
Shaw

de Jong
Fred
Bruno

Antony
Ronaldo
Sancho

Have to say, I'm not sure about timber and this whole versatile player thing but hey, maybe he'll be our answer to Cancelo. He'll underlap and join the midfield while the LB will be the one overlapping.

Nicolarra90

Surely the priority is the starting 11.
Sure but that 11 is probably meant to be GW 1 and I agree Rashford will be given a new chance.
If he fails to deliver then probably Sancho will be shifted to LW and Antony to RW.

El__Jingo

whats frightening looking at peoples expected X1's are yet again even after signing 3-4 new players we still need another 4 after that.

our full backs are absolutely dreadful.. we are so far behind the rest when it comes to having an attacking contribution from our full backs its embarrassing!!

we cant surely go into another season with Maguire? im very confident we will sign another CB and if thats the case they have to play alongside Varane.

tjb

Pretty sure Macalia is a left back dude. Dumfries and Frimpong are RB options but I doubt we'll get one of those.
TBH, I feel any decent right back would do. I really don't think Dalot is good enough to start. If we could, I would also look for an athletic left back to compete with Shaw. Someone cheap but can prove a surprise. I don't expect that to happen this window, but it's something we should look at given Shaw's fitness levels and injury history.

tjb

DDG

Timber
Varane
Maguire
Shaw

de Jong
Fred
Bruno

Antony
Ronaldo
Sancho

Have to say, I'm not sure about timber and this whole versatile player thing but hey, maybe he'll be our answer to Cancelo. He'll underlap and join the midfield while the LB will be the one overlapping.
I actually like this and can see it working. VDB maybe rotating with Fred. It would also give the likes of Hannibal a chance to compete and grow. Rashford swapping in with that front 3 would be strong too

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Sure but that 11 is probably meant to be GW 1 and I agree Rashford will be given a new chance.
If he fails to deliver then probably Sancho will be shifted to LW and Antony to RW.
That's fair enough, though I think there's zero change we sign Rice.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
There are 5 subs allowed next season -- seems to me that the subs bench is too shallow or too few.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Add
Timber £40m
De Jong £65m
Rice £95m
Antony £50m
Total £250m

Less
Henderson £40m
AWB £30m
Others say £20m
Total £90m

Total net spend £160m

De Gea
De Jong....Rice...
....Ronaldo..
Would be great if this works, but doubt very much would happened:

Less
Henderson £40m - may not get more than 25-30m

AWB £30m - may not get more than 20-25m

Others say £20m - maybe possible if we manage to sell our deadwood reseeve players (Jones, Pereira, Tuanzebe etc for like 5m each). I’d say 10-15m is definitely possible.

Min Total profit - 55-60m

Original Budget - 120m

Total budget - 175-180m

Add
Timber £40m - prefer to stay at Ajax for another year for WC. Deal may not happen. (We may for Torres for 40m instead)

De Jong £65m - Barca wants more, he prefers to stay at Barca, or move to a club with CL football. Deal may not happen. (We may go for Neves for 50m instead)

Rice £95m - West Ham won’t sell, and priced him out of market at 150m. Prefers to move to Chelsea. (We may go for another DM for 40m instead)

Antony £50m - We may get him if we really push for it.

Total spending - 180m

A lot would really depends on how much funds we could raise from selling our players. On the back of having worst PL season ever with dismayful display, and on avg higher salary from all of our players which makes it harder for other clubs to pursue, I have doubts whether we could raise alot of funds from selling.

Last edited:

tidraKS

What's his age got to do with it? He wasn't brilliant throughout but he scored 18 Premier League goals, having made 30 appearances in a team that scored 57 in total.

He scored one more than Harry Kane, having made 7 fewer appearances.

Age should factor with transfers, not with the players selection in the team.
Oh okay, if you had to choose between Kane and Ronaldo at the moment, who would you choose? Ronaldo? He's an exception, he's one of the best footballers ever, but he cannot play week in week out for us.

redmanx

Im "blaming" it on our pathetic transfer policy of the last 7/8 years and the people who were supposedly running it. Nunez isnt the first player we've lost out on due to the ineptitude of the likes of Woodward and his successors and he wont be the last. Players used to dream of playing for Manchester United, now the sensible, ambitious ones avoid us like the plague, all we seem to be able to land are posers and wasters. All this comes down to the clubs management, and I dont mean the "managers" who, since SAF retired have all been let down in transfers, contracts, the academy etc. by those who were paid to sort this sort of thing out leaving the manager to "manage" the playing side. Unfortunately, by 2020 or so the playing side was so poor and lacking true quality it had become an impossible job so we end up with interim managers like Rangnick who, like the majority of the players, simply wasn't good enough. We are Manchester United but that doesnt mean that we couldnt end up like Arsenal and Spurs, big clubs who struggle to stay on the fringes of success, living off scraps, or worse like Leeds, Everton, Newcastle big clubs now struggling to survive in the top echelon of English football.

RC89

Oh okay, if you had to choose between Kane and Ronaldo at the moment, who would you choose? Ronaldo? He's an exception, he's one of the best footballers ever, but he cannot play week in week out for us.
What are you even on about? And yes, Ronaldo right now can play week in week out.