Guild Wars 2

Art

Art the artist
How much is the game? Is the game any good? I love the artwork though. Kekai Kotaki is a master!

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I am playing it a bit, seems one of the best MMOs since WoW first burst onto the scene (and ive tried a few). Playing on Ring of Fire server.

SCM

Waiting till payday to buy it, as tried a few weeks ago and they didn't have any in the shops seems they underestimated demand with everywhere selling out. It has decimated the SWTOR server i am on with player numbers halved or worse at times.

Legendz

Playing it a lot, really like it. Taking my time to level up, I'm 70 right now but I have friends who have 2 level 80's already.

Really fun, love it.

Count Orduck

I might get this. The fact that there's no sub like with other MMOs means I can drop in and out and still enjoy it.

Ekeke

Alright so for those playing, I'm a max level 400/400 armoursmith with all the exotic craftable recipies on Whiteside Ridge server. As such I'll be happy to craft any heavy armour you need including the exotics if you just bring me the materials and I wont charge a fee. This is something I already do for my guild of course, but I thought why not extend the offer here.

I believe that server change cooldown is 1 day so if you're on a different server but you'd like to take me up on that, you should be able to transfer to whiteside ridge for just a day, send the mats, get the exotics and go back to your own server if you want the next day when the cooldown is up. Or you can chill on whiteside ridge for a while.

Anyway, this game is really fun

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
I just started playing this week. Was messing around in the week trying to figure out which profession to go with, finally settled on Guardian on Thursday night and been playing happily since then. Up to level 18 now and really enjoying myself, i found the whole leveling and questing a bit weird at first as it's not like other MMO's, what with the hearts and dynamic events but when you get used to them it's really quite fun. Makes it more interesting then bland questlines anyways i think.

I've played a few other MMO's but i've never actually got to the max level and done endgame stuff, i'm hoping i can do that in GW2 though. I really want to have a go at WvW and some dungeons too.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
anyone play this?
I did but not for long. It never really grabbed me like GuildWars 1 did.

I think it's an issue for me with MMOs in general. The first Guildwars you would meet up in the cities and then enter quests together that way. On most MMOs there are people about all the time, which although populates the world better; often results in me doing quests alone unless I have friends online.

You play it afro? My best character is only like level 20 I think, Necromancer with one of those flying Blood minions for a pet.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yes I've been soloing so far, first group mission was today... was good ;)
My main is lvl 60 elementalist...

Alock1

Nice.. I should probably try to get back into it at some point, though I guess now is a stupid time with Xbox One and a Wii U soon to be mine.

While I was playing it, I loved it - especially the under water battles.. I just didn't enjoy playing alone all the time.

Alock1

If you go back gimme a shout
Definitely will.

I'm looking forward to MMOs on consoles, aslong as they can work the controls then it'll be much easier for me to play with a group of friends.

Shame that Elder Scrolls is pretty expensive.. if PS4 does get Everquest though, man.

afrocentricity

DC online does it correctly, it has to be simplified to work on Consoles. I think they should focus on Consoles or PCs for any given MMO though, don't try and do both. DCO is clearly Console focused, can you imagine trying to play GW on console? it would be a nightmare, but I wouldn't want them to simplify it just to get it onto consoles.

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
I played it a bit at one point. Had a level 40-something Guardian and i was having quite a lot of fun. My hard drive got corrupted though and i just never reinstalled it when i got it fixed. Think i'll go back at some point though but then again, it does devour time. Maybe i'm better off staying away! :lol:

Alock1

DC online does it correctly, it has to be simplified to work on Consoles. I think they should focus on Consoles or PCs for any given MMO though, don't try and do both. DCO is clearly Console focused, can you imagine trying to play GW on console? it would be a nightmare, but I wouldn't want them to simplify it just to get it onto consoles.
DC Online is played on PC too right? I guess if it's developed for consoles in mind then it can't be too complicated/simple for PC.

Well, both consoles will support mouse & keyboard but would be good to have an appropriate solution for the living room.

Kinect? :D

afrocentricity

:rolleyes:

I see The Crew, Destiny & The Division as a step in that direction so yeah, we'll probably start to see MMO's on consoles in the future.

Alock1

:rolleyes:

I see The Crew, Destiny & The Division as a step in that direction so yeah, we'll probably start to see MMO's on consoles in the future.
Well.. The Elder Scrolls Online is on PS4/Xbox One. You know that, right?

afrocentricity

Well.. The Elder Scrolls Online is on PS4/Xbox One. You know that, right?
Yea forgot about that, not too happy about the fee though so may give that one a miss for now. If anyone should be able to execute a console MMO properly you'd think it would be them (Bethesda).

Drainy

Yea forgot about that, not too happy about the fee though so may give that one a miss for now. If anyone should be able to execute a console MMO properly you'd think it would be them (Bethesda).

It's a load of the guys who made Dark Age of Camelot that are doing it, not Bethesda Game Studios

It's looking to be coming along pretty well from what I've seen of it, unfortunately ZOS seem to be unable to present the game well and the first leak that came out was (that everyone talks about) from the first beta build with a guy who kept dying, switched on all the MMO UI stuff and the music bugged out making it even more boring than watching someone else play an RPG normally is.

I saw a 2 hour long leak that made it look a lot more like a worthwhile Elder Scrolls title played online than a mediocre fantasy MMO.. pretty sad what it takes to find decent coverage of that game!

Castia

I play a lvl 80 warrior on Far Shiverpeaks, I usually jump on and see some of the new stuff from time to time. I logged last week to check out the tower of nightmares or whatever its called and that seemed OK.
I mainly play WoW and I can't wait for Wildstar (live dev stream tonight!) but GW2 is a fun game, If I was more into PvP it would probably be my main MMO. It's great value for money as well, I haven't spent a penny other than the initial box price and they are adding new content every few weeks.

Drainy

It's one of the best loved PvP MMOs ever made. From what I've heard about it, the developers were incredibly creative and innovative. If you are into world PvP, I imagine that Cyrodiil will be pretty great

afrocentricity

I'm not majorly into MMOs, I've played 3... and they are pretty MMO light. WoW type MMOs aren't for me...

Alock1

Elder Scrolls was one of my most anticipated games until the subscription fee news. £50 to buy then £9 a month or something.

Drainy

From what I've seen/heard there isn't an auto-attack in ESO and it's more reaction/skill based than 'rotation' like WoW.

Anyway, my experience with GW2 is like most people- played it for a short while, enjoyed it and then stopped playing after getting bored.

Castia

There's a new MMO coming to PC next Spring called Wildstar, Iv not been this excited by an MMO for some time. It offers similar gameplay to Guild Wars 2 (no mob tagging, open world events etc) but also has all the end game PvE content that we have come to expect over the years with 20 and 40(!!!!) man raids it looks great.

afrocentricity

I'll tell what MMO I'm waiting for Everquest Next, that's looking pretty interesting... Wildstar, not so much.

Alock1

I'll tell what MMO I'm waiting for Everquest Next, that's looking pretty interesting... Wildstar, not so much.
Yep. Like I said earlier, if Sony put in on PS4 (surely will) then damn... that would be awesome.

Changing things up for sure.

Castia

EQN does look pretty good I was really impressed with the unveiling a few months back. Still well too early to say how it will do though, I don't think it will be released until 2015. Wildstar all the way until then!

Castia

That's Everquest Landmark, they are releasing the engine tools and letting the players build whatever they want. Basically like a version of Minecraft with a much more powerful engine.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
Anyone on the Sea of Sorrows server?

Apparently next Tuesday Lion's Arch gets destroyed.