Gun control

Foxbatt

It's not really the thread's topic (my own fault), so I keep it to one answer:

Two examples of vigilante murders and (at least partial) state complicity on a larger scale I'm immediately aware of: Hindu-nationalist violence against Muslims in India & Duterte's anti-drug war in the Philippines. Then there are war and conflict zones where civilians live under constant threat from armed groups and rackets.
Hindu violence is a different issue. As for Duterte drug war I know from first hand that a lot of stuff you see in the Manila newspapers is complete bollocks. Do innocent people die? Yes they do and most of it is the cross fire between the drug mafia and the law enforcement. In the Philippines people don't go out after an innocent guy jogging on the street just because he is from a different tribe or clan or a different ethnic back ground. Yes not all Filipinos are from the same tribe or clan or back ground.
The Indian case is a religious issue. Yes after Modi came it has come to the forefront.

Comment about recording device. I don't know much about Europe but from what I have seen almost everyone has a cell phone that can record. As for most of Asia I know for a fact they do record almost everything they see. Yes in India in the poor villages not all would have but a lot do have phones that record and do record. Just because it's not on the western newspapers it doesn't mean that in Asia they don't record.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Hindu violence is a different issue. As for Duterte drug war I know from first hand that a lot of stuff you see in the Manila newspapers is complete bollocks. Do innocent people die? Yes they do and most of it is the cross fire between the drug mafia and the law enforcement. In the Philippines people don't go out after an innocent guy jogging on the street just because he is from a different tribe or clan or a different ethnic back ground. Yes not all Filipinos are from the same tribe or clan or back ground.
The Indian case is a religious issue. Yes after Modi came it has come to the forefront.

Comment about recording device. I don't know much about Europe but from what I have seen almost everyone has a cell phone that can record. As for most of Asia I know for a fact they do record almost everything they see. Yes in India in the poor villages not all would have but a lot do have phones that record and do record. Just because it's not on the western newspapers it doesn't mean that in Asia they don't record.
If you reduce it to the exact mixture of social circumstances inside the US, then your initial statement is technically correct of course. But it also makes the "I can't imagine this happening anywhere else in the world" line a bit pointless. For me at least, murdering random people in Dehli just because they're Muslim is comparable in its general logic, as is the lack of appropriate police intervention. No matter if religion is the pretext for ethnic violence or not.
It's not really the thread's topic (my own fault), so I keep it to one answer:
Shouldn't have said that, never works like this.

Foxbatt

If you reduce it to the exact mixture of social circumstances inside the US, then your initial statement is technically correct of course. But it also makes the "I can't imagine this happening anywhere else in the world" line a bit pointless. For me at least, murdering random people in Dehli just because they're Muslim is comparable in its general logic, as is the lack of appropriate police intervention. No matter if religion is the pretext for ethnic violence or not.

Shouldn't have said that, never works like this.
Ok I get what you meant. I didn't mean lynching people. I think that's what happens in India. Normally people individually don't go to shoot people in India just because they are Muslims. There are incidents where politicians raise the temperature. In the US it's a different issue. African Americans get shot by the police and vigilantes always. In India normally governments don't let them get away with it. Yes now under Modi it's different but again he was involved in it at state level too though he was cleared by the SC.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Ok I get what you meant. I didn't mean lynching people. I think that's what happens in India. Normally people individually don't go to shoot people in India just because they are Muslims. There are incidents where politicians raise the temperature. In the US it's a different issue. African Americans get shot by the police and vigilantes always. In India normally governments don't let them get away with it. Yes now under Modi it's different but again he was involved in it at state level too though he was cleared by the SC.

The US actively make laws to try and make it easier for people to shoot each other without fear of prosecution.

Suv666

Impossible to understand for anyone in most of the world.
But will never happen as it's so ingrained in their culture.
Surely something must be done though. I'm not sayin ban every gun, just the modern automatic ones. But yeah its never happening, people would probably turn violent if you tried to take away their guns. The Southern states are hell bent on dragging rest of America into the dark ages.

Foxbatt

Surely something must be done though. I'm not sayin ban every gun, just the modern automatic ones. But yeah its never happening, people would probably turn violent if you tried to take away their guns. The Southern states are hell bent on dragging rest of America into the dark ages.
I don't think it's got to do with banning guns. It's the law and how it's formulated. If the law prosecute people who shoot people then these kind of things may not happen so often. Guns are not for taking to schools or for shooting people who are jogging or walking. If the law says you can't shoot people randomly and don't have the stand your ground law etc. this won't happen so often.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I don't think it's got to do with banning guns. It's the law and how it's formulated. If the law prosecute people who shoot people then these kind of things may not happen so often. Guns are not for taking to schools or for shooting people who are jogging or walking. If the law says you can't shoot people randomly and don't have the stand your ground law etc. this won't happen so often.

bleedred

Once Muslims and black people start exercising their 2nd amendment rights en masse, the racist fecks would do anything to bring gun control.

One of the few instances where NRA agreed with gun control was when black Panthers started carrying arms into the California capitol.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Once Muslims and black people start exercising their 2nd amendment rights en masse, the racist fecks would do anything to bring gun control.

One of the few instances where NRA agreed with gun control was when black Panthers started carrying arms into the California capitol.
That's not difficult, the government just need to introduce an amendment to the 2A stating that any purchaser has to prove they are of a non coloured background. If they don't pass this test then they are limited to what they can buy, i.e. a small hand gun.

This test can be in the form of a DNA certificate, or visual check by the seller.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
That's not difficult, the government just need to introduce an amendment to the 2A stating that any purchaser has to prove they are of a non coloured background. If they don't pass this test then they are limited to what they can buy, i.e. a small hand gun.

This test can be in the form of a DNA certificate, or visual check by the seller.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

To be fair, in 1967 the NRA was not what we know it to be now. They had previously supported gun control measures at the federal level and only became a serious political animal in the mid 1970s.

Suv666

Guns are all over the place. That part isn’t a southern thing.
Its the Southern states though who come across as the more radical bunch about the whole issue. I've never been there so this based off the internet, reality might be different.

Suv666

NRA should be all over this no? Dont tell me they dont care just because the accused is black. Officers broke in at 12:30 am while they were asleep. Surely that counts as self defence.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ww...eeks-answers-police-fatally-shot-kentucky-emt

The officers were looking for a suspect who lived in a different part of the city and was already in police custody after he was arrested earlier.The three officers entered Taylor's home "without knocking and without announcing themselves as police officers," the suit states.The lawsuit says Taylor and Walker woke up and thought criminals were breaking in. Walker called 911 and, according to The Courier-Journal, police said he opened fire and shot an officer."The defendants then proceeded to spray gunfire into the residence with a total disregard for the value of human life," the lawsuit alleges. "Shots were blindly fired by the officers all throughout Breonna's home."The suit states that Walker had a license to carry and kept firearms in the home for protection.Taylor, 26, was shot eight times and died. Walker, 27, was arrested. According to jail records he's been charged with assault and attempted murder on a police officer. An attorney for Walker could not immediately be reached.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
NRA should be all over this no? Dont tell me they dont care just because the accused is black. Officers broke in at 12:30 am while they were asleep. Surely that counts as self defence.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ww...eeks-answers-police-fatally-shot-kentucky-emt

The officers were looking for a suspect who lived in a different part of the city and was already in police custody after he was arrested earlier.The three officers entered Taylor's home "without knocking and without announcing themselves as police officers," the suit states.The lawsuit says Taylor and Walker woke up and thought criminals were breaking in. Walker called 911 and, according to The Courier-Journal, police said he opened fire and shot an officer."The defendants then proceeded to spray gunfire into the residence with a total disregard for the value of human life," the lawsuit alleges. "Shots were blindly fired by the officers all throughout Breonna's home."The suit states that Walker had a license to carry and kept firearms in the home for protection.Taylor, 26, was shot eight times and died. Walker, 27, was arrested. According to jail records he's been charged with assault and attempted murder on a police officer. An attorney for Walker could not immediately be reached.
You mix ‘no knock’ warrants with the white ammosexual police officers, that’s a deadly combination for anyone of color. No doubt some of those officers experienced a level of sexual gratification when they killed that female EMT. There is no doubt that race will play a major factor in the male victim going to jail forever & the murdering police being completely exonerated as the shooting will undoubtedly be deemed righteous.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Now that lockdown restrictions are being eased, the good old Americans are free again to resume their mass shootings. They must have really missed these.

The good ol' trusty AR-15! Selling at a supermarket near you. Pick yours up now.

Cloud7

Now that lockdown restrictions are being eased, the good old Americans are free again to resume their mass shootings. They must have really missed these.

America open for business again

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I was instantly reminded of this little segment from AntiWipe.

"In alarming scenes some of his (Trump's) more heavily armed freedom loving fans gathered to demand an end to social distancing measures which have closed shopping malls and cinemas across America thereby crippling its mass shooting industry." Charlie Brooker

America is back in business,Charlie.

RUCK4444

Imagine backing a law that allows complete feckin morons to roam the streets with guns, to the extent where you question whether it’s safe to go to a shopping mall.

A law that directly impacts the amount of schools that are attacked, a law that when coupled with a healthcare industry that proactively force feeds prescription medication into its population. What do they expect to happen.

It’s the kind of mind numbing subject that instead of trying to debate with somebody who supports it you would rather just whack them in the chops to give their brain a wobble.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
If there was a way to ensure that only gun owners were the victims of gun crime and the covidiots were the only ones afflicted by the virus, that would be the perfect scenario and the only morally acceptable outcome for society on the whole.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
If there was a way to ensure that only gun owners were the victims of gun crime and the covidiots were the only ones afflicted by the virus, that would be the perfect scenario and the only morally acceptable outcome for society on the whole.
What about taking a few neighbouring states (preferably scarcely populated) and declaring them 2nd amendment/wild west states. The rest of the US then becomes a gun free zone.
Give it a few years and the former will probably be purge states.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
That would work. They just need somewhere where they can shoot themselves to bits without harming innocent people and nobody needs to give a feck. Trouble is, I'm guessing you'd need more than two states to house them all. Perhaps all the non-gun people should just relocate to Canada? And let America burn.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
That would work. They just need somewhere where they can shoot themselves to bits without harming innocent people and nobody needs to give a feck. Trouble is, I'm guessing you'd need more than two states to house them all. Perhaps all the non-gun people should just relocate to Canada? And let America burn.
You've answered the question. If you are not upping roots and moving out of Dodge City (i.e USA), with its guns and dodgy sheriff, then there is something wrong with you, not Dodge.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
:lol: 2.3 million licensed gun owners. 1 million registered pistols. 100,000 AR-15s and an estimated 24 million other firearms. And those are just the ones not smuggled in from the US by criminal gangs. Yep, Canada is a gun free zone alight.

Just found this interesting graphic comparing the increase in ownership of certain firearms and the homicide rate in Canada.

Last edited:

Carolina Red

Staff
You've answered the question. If you are not upping roots and moving out of Dodge City (i.e USA), with its guns and dodgy sheriff, then there is something wrong with you, not Dodge.
Where is this utopia with open immigration and plentiful jobs that you speak of?

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Where is this utopia with open immigration and plentiful jobs that you speak of?
Canada. :)

But seriously, I've known Americans on temporary assignments in the UK that categorically said they will make these assignments permanent if Trump won back in 2016. He did, so they did. Real democracy, voted with their feet. Obviously not workable for everyone but there has to be some form of revolution in the US. Protected gun laws, etc, are just as ridiculous in modern democracies as is banning gays from coming out in society, surely?

And the two party system in America is clearly not working to address voter corruption, gun laws, shootouts, etc.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
:lol: 2.3 million licensed gun owners. 1 million registered pistols. 100,000 AR-15s and an estimated 24 million other firearms. And those are just the ones not smuggled in from the US by criminal gangs. Yep, Canada is a gun free zone alight.

Just found this interesting graphic comparing the increase in ownership of certain firearms and the homicide rate in Canada.

Why don't you just all move to the US and make Canada gun-free?

Carolina Red

Staff
Canada. :)

But seriously, I've known Americans on temporary assignments in the UK that categorically said they will make these assignments permanent if Trump won back in 2016. He did, so they did. Real democracy, voted with their feet. Obviously not workable for everyone but there has to be some form of revolution in the US. Protected gun laws, etc, are just as ridiculous in modern democracies as is banning gays from coming out in society, surely?

And the two party system in America is clearly not working to address voter corruption, gun laws, shootouts, etc.
So there's something wrong with Dodge, and not with the people stuck in Dodge now?