g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming Hades 2

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What’s it about

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Early Access version is available on Steam since monday for anyone that's interested. Haven't had the time to play it yet, but will definitely do over the next couple of days.

There is already more content than the full version of the first game apparently.

Woodzy

Someone help me get into the first game, I just can’t.

Im not a huge rogue like fan but enjoy Returnal, and everything about the art style of Hades I love, but just couldn’t really play it.

Ainu

Someone help me get into the first game, I just can’t.

Im not a huge rogue like fan but enjoy Returnal, and everything about the art style of Hades I love, but just couldn’t really play it.
Depends on what you're struggling with. I've found out that I don't really enjoy roguelikes either, but I make an exception for those with a particularly interesting world, lore and/or characters. What kept me going in Hades was the constant promise of new bits of surprisingly well written lore, dialogue and generally unexpected discoveries when returning to the main hub upon death. If that doesn't resonate with you, maybe it just isn't for you.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Apparently early access is already amazing but I can’t bring myself to play it. Games like these I have to wait for the full launch.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Apparently early access is already amazing but I can’t bring myself to play it. Games like these I have to wait for the full launch.
I was going to do the same, but I was convinced by the "has more content than Hades on full release". I've already played Hades a few times fully through anyway, so I don't think it'll ruin anything for me. It seems more complete than the Hades Early Access was, which makes sense given they had all the Hades systems to build on this time.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
I was going to do the same, but I was convinced by the "has more content than Hades on full release". I've already played Hades a few times fully through anyway, so I don't think it'll ruin anything for me. It seems more complete than the Hades Early Access was, which makes sense given they had all the Hades systems to build on this time.
And supposedly runs great on the Steam Deck already, awww man.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Perfect answer to uninspired games like Diablo IV.

Grim Dawn and first Hades kept me going for a good while.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
On Early Access, so it hasn't got the (true) ending yet. But apparently it's almost feature complete, and they claim it has more content than the original did on full release.
Hmm, it's tempting, but it was really fantastic to play handheld. My favourite commute game of all time probably. Not sure I want to spoil myself on PC...

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
So I've been playing this a fair bit now and a couple of thoughts:

1. It looks/runs/plays fantastically on a Steamdeck. As an aside, my cousin convinced me to go for one of these and it was a fantastic choice.
2. The game balance seems a bit off compared to the first game. Enemies seem stronger and weapons (at least some of them) much weaker. This may be by design though, it just seems a but more of a slog vs. the first game.
3. That being said, #2 may be 95% due to the removal of double dash from the game in lieu of adding sprint. Almost all the damage I am taking is due to forgetting I can't double dash away after attacking or to flee AOE attacks. Going to take some getting used to as that was a staple of the first game.

overall it is incredibly well polished for an early access game.

unplayable

Just made it to the third boss on my best run yet. The gameplay is so smooth and the music is incredible.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Spent a bit more time with this and really loving it. I am only getting hammered due to forgetting the no double dash thing about 30% of the time now, so progress! Cast is the absolute boss of the weapons this time. If you get the Zeus boon that allows you to aim it and then stack (yes you can stack boons now) scorch/frost/air/etc. on cast it is almost cheating. It has the potential to eclipse the first game and that is really saying something.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I had no idea this was out already, albeit early access. Is there a time frame for the complete game to be done?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I had no idea this was out already, albeit early access. Is there a time frame for the complete game to be done?
I'm not sure on an official date, but it feels like a complete game already. Not a single crash or error in 10ish hours of playing. Voice acting appears to be finished. Maybe there will be added content or balancing in the future, but if this was the actual game I would have no trouble believing it. The caveat to all this being that I have not finished it, so I cannot confirm it is actually "completed".

unplayable

So I finally made it to
Chronos. Had a very strong build and still two death defiances. Everything went really well. I had him down to 50% health on the second phase and then he pulls out an attack that dealt 997 damage, killed me and wiped out both my remaining death defiances. :lol:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
So I finally made it to
Chronos. Had a very strong build and still two death defiances. Everything went really well. I had him down to 50% health on the second phase and then he pulls out an attack that dealt 997 damage, killed me and wiped out both my remaining death defiances. :lol:
He got me there as well the first time I made it. You need to run to the “eye” of effect and you will be safe.

unplayable

He got me there as well the first time I made it. You need to run to the “eye” of effect and you will be safe.
Yes, I got that relatively quickly and had already evaded that attack two or three times at that point. But what killed me was either a different attack or I was distracted and didn't realize that Chronos was preparing for that. Somehow didn't see it coming and was dead all of a sudden. I'm not complaining though, the game is so much fun. :)