Haha Newcastle

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Agreed. I actually thought before the game 'if we're going to lose a final, I don't mind it being to these lot'

Newcastle is a fantastic, fanatical football town that probably deserve a trophy more than most
I'm sure that's what everyone thinks of us, too.

AJ VII

Haha yup, mentioned this in another thread. It was really fecking bizarre. We were 2-0 up and it was like 47 mins just before half time and Sean longstaff was on the floor rolling around feigning injury.
He tried to get Fred a second yellow, not waste time. Scummy as thats the only way they can win a game.

bazza3727

It is weird seeing the nice talk on here about them in the past few years. Growing up in the 80s Newcastle were fecking tiny being watched by a few thousand. This "we're all Newcastle daft" and incredible support is a more recent thing on the back of Kevin Keegan and the commercialization of football. They didn't give a feck about the club back then.

They also consider us a hated rival of theirs.

More strange is how them being owned by Saudi Arabia of all places, receiving a huge infinite lottery win mid season at the expense of other clubs getting relegated and forever beyond is being brushed under the carpet and now getting to a cup final is billed as "hope".
[/QssUOTE]
You're spot on here. Back in the 60s and 70s, before all-ticket games United away was the game everyone wanted to see and the United travelling support was absolutely phenomenal. Tens of thousands would turn up early before the locals and take over the popular end in grounds. Happened time and time again. Nowadays, the travelling support is restricted as the locals want to see United. So sides such as Newcastle get larger allocations because they're not as popular.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I like Newcastle fans. They are a well supported club in a football mad part of the country, who have had a terrible ownership sap the desire out of them for vast parts of their recent history. They'll win something and as much as I hate that it has to come under Saudi ownership, I wouldn't begrudge their fans for it.

Loon

:lol:
I remember when they came strong in the 90’s. Their gates went up and everyone was a ‘lifelong’ barcode. That team was a better team than the poor little billionaire Sky et al are commiserating with this morning.

If we do get bought by the free spending Qataris, you can bet we’ll hear it a lot more than we heard it about the barcodes the last few days.

Wheato

Thought it was hilarious when the Newcastle fans were booing De Gea for taking too long on a goal kick.

Nick Pope has a mug of tea and a packet of biscuits for his goal kicks. This season, in a game v Arsenal, the ball was in play for 43 minutes.

NLunited

There is something loveable about a team that always loses. So adorable.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
They are not worth the effort. Glad we met them yesterday though, beat them while out on our feet.

SER19

In all seriousness, their turnaround since the takeover has been remarkable, without having to spend stupid amounts of money on muppet signings.

They've spent around 300 million pounds in just over a year

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
They've spent around 300 million pounds in just over a year
The way the media speak about them, you'd have thought they'd spent about £75m.

They should be in the top 8 with that kind of spend, anything less should be considered a failure. Sure they lost a cup final but that happens to all clubs, the narrative of a plucky little side punching above their weight is just wrong.

Anyway feck the Geordie twats I hope they suffer a thousand years of misery.

UpWithRivers

Agreed. I actually thought before the game 'if we're going to lose a final, I don't mind it being to these lot'

Newcastle is a fantastic, fanatical football town that probably deserve a trophy more than most
I can only think its outsiders that have never met Geordies think they are great fans. Half my family is Northern and there are some great people don't get me wrong but there are also a large part of fans that are a bunch of backwards racist delusional idiots. I was there the last time they lost the final and they rioted. I have spoken to these idiots and they are convinced they are the biggest club in the world. I can go on and on. Idiots. Fanatical yes. But so is Isis. Go hang around the toon with your United kit on for a few days then come back and tell me if you still think they are awesome and deserve to win everything.

SirScholes

I like Newcastle fans. They are a well supported club in a football mad part of the country, who have had a terrible ownership sap the desire out of them for vast parts of their recent history. They'll win something and as much as I hate that it has to come under Saudi ownership, I wouldn't begrudge their fans for it.
I live with them, they’re the most hypocritical bunch of fans you can meet
The club is well supported because it’s the only club for miles
They don’t share the city with a rivals team like pretty much every other club

Anduin

Their shithousery was next level at times, I mean they wanted Fred to be red-carded (second yellow) for Longstaff being hit in the face by his own team mate FFS! Just happy to beat this shower of shite, they can feck off with their antics.

SirScholes

I can only think its outsiders that have never met Geordies think they are great fans. Half my family is Northern and there are some great people don't get me wrong but there are also a large part of fans that are a bunch of backwards racist delusional idiots. I was there the last time they lost the final and they rioted. I have spoken to these idiots and they are convinced they are the biggest club in the world. I can go on and on. Idiots. Fanatical yes. But so is Isis. Go hang around the toon with your United kit on for a few days then come back and tell me if you still think they are awesome and deserve to win everything.
Pretty much this

suheilsworld

Absolute cheats. Just wanted to get our players get carded or injured in the 2nd half. I would love to see pool and spurs finish over them

ggg333

You'd think so, but here's what happened last time they lost a cup final to us:

:lol:
Its very nice of them to be honest, I know it feels small time, but if you can't find a way to enjoy something then life will be miserable. The first thing that comes to my mind about newcastle is "thugs" that's how they play. But the above and even the flag waving and supporting their team even when the lost is a nice gesture as their team gave their all for them. Didn't mean to say ayone is wrong, but I just see it in a different way. Our away fas supported all the previous managers after SAF eventhough it was horrible at times.

Zed 101

Of all the things to criticise them for that is not one of them.

we win our first trophy in 6 years and this is your takeaway? How fecking stupid is this thread
Bang on the money

I love football, part of that I respect other fans love of their teams, I actually respect NU fans continuing to show their support good on them.

Maybe if we understood as football fans we have more in common than we do different then we wouldn't hear the unacceptable chants, or see any violence, you can enjoy the comradery of the occassion and the victory more than the bitterness and hatred.

Member 125398

They've been through a similar situation to us with a despicable owner. They turn up, sing and support their lads through thick and thin. Fair play to them tbf. Can't understand a word they say though.

Strootman's Finger

I guess I have softened over the years, in the past I would enjoy the loss of certain teams as much as I enjoyed the wins of United, but as for yesterday, I just feel bad for Newcastle. They have been through a lot as a club over the last 10-15 years and haven't won anything in a while. Sure I am glad we beat them, but I don't feel the need to gloat or take down their fans over it, I thought the flag waving was a nice show of support to the players from the fans, ie, don't worry, we're still behind you.

JB7

Don't forget sexist and homophobic too. And if you ever feel the need to really re-visit the 1960's go and watch Blyth, Spennymoor, Gateshead or South Shields where the shitheads they don't even let into St James' anymore go.

Last time I was at Spennymoor the pub by the ground had a sign that said "during events we require an adult to child ratio of 2 adults per 10 children, minimum one woman" and they had a bloke behind the goal in a Newcastle shirt that three times shouted that the referee was "the gayest bastard I have ever seen" before his own teams goalkeeper turned round to say "you can't say that mate".

Bunch of horse punching fountain bathing freaks. Glad we spoiled their day yesterday. I do enjoy how proud to sing "Shearer turned you down" they still are nearly 30 years on despite him winning nothing at all with them and ultimately relegating them while the guy we signed instead scored the winner in a European Cup final and won everything there was to win with us.

Rojofiam

Was funny seeing the players show solidarity for Ukraine at the start of the match, whilst their owners have been actively committing genocide and displacing millions in Yemen for 8 years now.

Member 125398

You could say that about 99.9% of English clubs.

SER19

The way the media speak about them, you'd have thought they'd spent about £75m.

They should be in the top 8 with that kind of spend, anything less should be considered a failure. Sure they lost a cup final but that happens to all clubs, the narrative of a plucky little side punching above their weight is just wrong.

Anyway feck the Geordie twats I hope they suffer a thousand years of misery.
Its huge money. Add in the Saudi flags and fancy dress and the awful tactics encouraged by howe and they've gone from a team i liked to one of my least favourite

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
unfortunately i was driving yesterday so had to listen to the Talksport commentary. Its was so pro Newcastle that it was cringworthy. Stuart Pearce must have shed tears as the goals went in. Newcastle given their wealth will win things over the next few years but i really don't want Utd to be the first team to lose a final against this lot.

Mihai

unfortunately i was driving yesterday so had to listen to the Talksport commentary. Its was so pro Newcastle that it was cringworthy. Stuart Pearce must have shed tears as the goals went in. Newcastle given their wealth will win things over the next few years but i really don't want Utd to be the first team to lose a final against this lot.
Same here. Listened to the first half and it was really cringe.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Glad we beat this bunch! Should teach players to never talk rubbish before a game! Trippier saying they’ll time waste if it was necessary… sorry mate but it wasn’t :lol:

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Glad we beat this bunch! Should teach players to never talk rubbish before a game! Trippier saying they’ll time waste if it was necessary… sorry mate but it wasn’t :lol:
i would not be too hard on Trippier, he had to act billy big bol!*@ks but he is very much a red. There a was a neat interview with him last week, the bit about where the tickets were for was funny.