Haha Newcastle

UpWithRivers

Bunch of horse punching fountain bathing freaks. Glad we spoiled their day yesterday. I do enjoy how proud to sing "Shearer turned you down" they still are nearly 30 years on despite him winning nothing at all with them and ultimately relegating them while the guy we signed instead scored the winner in a European Cup final and won everything there was to win with us.
:lol: i love it! Finally someone who gets it. Oh how I laughed when we signed Andy Cole!

siw2007

Normally I would be happy to say commiserations to the Newcastle supporters. But a toon fan was starting on myself and several other United supporters and called me a c*** on the way out of the stadium so Tbf I would much rather rub it in their faces this time.

Cloud7

Was funny seeing the players show solidarity for Ukraine at the start of the match, whilst their owners have been actively committing genocide and displacing millions in Yemen for 8 years now.
What are the players supposed to do about the actions of the owners?

BorisManUtd

I enjoyed the win yesterday but I do worry Newcastle might be in better place in long-term with their owners while there are these reports now that Glazers may not sell the club at all.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
How the feck they're considered a big club when they've won feck all is beyond me. Good to see them all sod off back up the East Coast line empty handed though it was always by far the most likely outcome.

And what was with Burns booting the microphone over? Idiot.
Agree.

Waynne

Can't believe they were still time wasting being 2-0 down.

I'm sorry that will never stop being hilarious :lol::lol:

Irrational.

They’ve turned into one of the most dislikeable non-rival clubs in the league with all their shithousery and nob of a manager. Feck ‘em.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
The flag waving at the end isn’t really something to laugh at… the thing to laugh at is that it’s practically the only thing they did after about the 5th minute, and yet are still getting a ridiculous amount of smoke blowing praise for being “the best fans in the land” for turning up in large numbers for their first cup final in 20 years and waving some flags that had been put on their seats for a grand total of 3-4 minutes before leaving immediately on FT. For all their bluster and fountain frolicking, they were genuinely quite crap.

I’ve literally seen better support at worse defeats on any random weekend, not to mention much better from the likes of Bradford and Watford at their lost cup finals.

Last edited:

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
The flag waving at the end isn’t really something to laugh at… the thing to laugh at is that it’s practically the only thing they did after about the 5th minute, and yet are still getting a ridiculous amount of smoke blowing praise for being “the best fans in the land” for turning up in large numbers for their first cup final in 20 years and waving some flags that had been put on their seats for a grand total of 3-4 minutes before leaving immediately on FT. For all their bluster and fountain frolicking, they were genuinely quite crap.

I’ve literally seen better support at worse defeats on any random weekend, not to mention much better from the likes of Bradford and Watford at their lost cup finals.
Before the game a couple of neutrals in our group chat spoke about how Newcastle would be 10x louder than United and that they'd make up the majority of the stadium. The Newcastle fans agreed and mentioned they were the greatest in the land. This was on Friday morning.

I had to visit London on Saturday (and came home to Manchester, before travelling back to London again on Sunday) and walked past Trafalgar Square at 2pm and 4pm. Their magical parade was in their hundreds and we're being drowned out by an Iran protestor and the anri-ULEZ group.

I also saw Michael Oliver walking towards Trafalgar Square on Tottenham Court Road,)

Onto game day, my sister and mum (quiet people sat on the overground) were abused by the Geordie's who were trying to rile people up by getting into their faces and making obscene comments.

On the walk to the stadium, people were intentionally barging into us because my family wore United shirts and one guy stood in front of my sister and said,

"Excuse me? Did you know Mason Greenwood rapes women?"

Top banter.

After the comments from my friends about the noise I actually paid attention to this throughout the game. Pre-match, 8mins, 24mins, 90+2-90+5 mins they were audible and/or louder than United, otherwise they were pretty quiet. So much for the best fans on the planet.

Also, what's the obsession with shirts over jackets and EVERYONE in team colours. You're Newcastle fans, we get it, you don't need to wear your shirt 3 days before the final.

Morons, hope they join Sunderland in the lower divisions and glad we shithoused them in the final. (We did a LOT of time wasting, LOVED IT)

RedDevilQuebecois

Can't believe they were still time wasting being 2-0 down.

I'm sorry that will never stop being hilarious :lol::lol:
:lol:

By the way, did you guys notice how the broadcast showed a lot, lot more of Newcastle supporters and Eddie Howe than on our fans and Ten Hag? Don't know what the TV producer was on, but it was weird to have more video footage of them when you'd expect a balanced choice of camera angles.

padzilla

Hipster
I found it fascinating that Newcastle basically get lionised by the UK media since the takeover but there were endless articles and shows about the problems with having a world cup in Qatar - which was quite right, but surely what's happening at Newcastle is as much an issue when it comes to sportswashing.
It's almost like it's no longer a problem as long as the UK is benefiting directly from it.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

By the way, did you guys notice how the broadcast showed a lot, lot more of Newcastle supporters and Eddie Howe than on our fans and Ten Hag? Don't know what the TV producer was on, but it was weird to have more video footage of them when you'd expect a balanced choice of camera angles.
How could you not notice it? If you ask me, a couple of years from now, what i remember from the actual game, it will probably be that obese fellow and his big belly.

It was so ridiculous, it felt at times that Newcastle were playing a European Cup Final at Wembley against a German side or something. I know that sports journalism is partly about enhancing the story by attaching an emotional context to it, but, my God, they were desperately pushing a narrative on TV. Wait for them to win something and then begin drooling over them, for Christ's sake. Plus, all this "they deserve success" is cringey as feck. Do they even care how insulting it sounds to fans of clubs like Everton, who could have had a European Cup in their trophy cabinet hadn't it been for Thatcher, or Nottingham Forest, who spent a generation in the wilderness when they have more European Cups than many prestigious clubs?Why does Newcastle deserve to go from a relegation battle to fighting for a CL spot with a snap of the fingers and they don't?

And you know something? If they were actually playing like Keegan's side in the mid-90s, i would still not agree, but i would understand it. Another thing is that they spent so much time, after the game, showing Staveley (as one of my friend says: She will go down as the woman who destroyed men's greatest pastime) and Ashworth in what seemed as an attempt to tell the Geordies: Don't worry, the cash is there. It's funny when Sky are putting so much effort into criticizing Qatar's possible investment in United. It's like we're the only ones who wouldn't be OK under ME ownership.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
So annoying that Bruno didn't square it to Sancho for the third, right after the flags went up. Those flags would have gone down again in a matter of seconds, would have been so funny:drool:
at the same time their flags went down, the linesman's flag would have started waving. he was offside for the whole passage of play

JimmyWils

How could you not notice it? If you ask me, a couple of years from now, what i remember from the actual game, it will probably be that obese fellow and his big belly.

It was so ridiculous, it felt at times that Newcastle were playing a European Cup Final at Wembley against a German side or something. I know that sports journalism is partly about enhancing the story by attaching an emotional context to it, but, my God, they were desperately pushing a narrative on TV. Wait for them to win something and then begin drooling over them, for Christ's sake. Plus, all this "they deserve success" is cringey as feck. Do they even care how insulting it sounds to fans of clubs like Everton, who could have had a European Cup in their trophy cabinet hadn't it been for Thatcher, or Nottingham Forest, who spent a generation in the wilderness when they have more European Cups than many prestigious clubs?Why does Newcastle deserve to go from a relegation battle to fighting for a CL spot with a snap of the fingers and they don't?

And you know something? If they were actually playing like Keegan's side in the mid-90s, i would still not agree, but i would understand it. Another thing is that they spent so much time, after the game, showing Staveley (as one of my friend says: She will go down as the woman who destroyed men's greatest pastime) and Ashworth in what seemed as an attempt to tell the Geordies: Don't worry, the cash is there. It's funny when Sky are putting so much effort into criticizing Qatar's possible investment in United. It's like we're the only ones who wouldn't be OK under ME ownership.
What I found genuinely strange is that I don't think their fans realise this. Close friend who supports them is ADAMANT that the officials and coverage was all biased towards us. It's a joke that Rashford got that goal, and apparently every 50/50 went our way, including Rashford's free kick. Ignored my one example of Longstaff rolling around trying to get people sent off, because that obviously doesn't fit the narrative.

I gave up in the end, he was convinced that the game was completely even and they deserved something out of it. If I made the effort and told him that we'd purposely let them have 60+% of the ball, or I said we'd had 10 shots on target vs their 2, I think it may have fried a circuit in the brain.

Mockney

Before the game a couple of neutrals in our group chat spoke about how Newcastle would be 10x louder than United and that they'd make up the majority of the stadium. The Newcastle fans agreed and mentioned they were the greatest in the land. This was on Friday morning.

I had to visit London on Saturday (and came home to Manchester, before travelling back to London again on Sunday) and walked past Trafalgar Square at 2pm and 4pm. Their magical parade was in their hundreds and we're being drowned out by an Iran protestor and the anri-ULEZ group.

I also saw Michael Oliver walking towards Trafalgar Square on Tottenham Court Road,)

Onto game day, my sister and mum (quiet people sat on the overground) were abused by the Geordie's who were trying to rile people up by getting into their faces and making obscene comments.

On the walk to the stadium, people were intentionally barging into us because my family wore United shirts and one guy stood in front of my sister and said,

"Excuse me? Did you know Mason Greenwood rapes women?"

Top banter.

After the comments from my friends about the noise I actually paid attention to this throughout the game. Pre-match, 8mins, 24mins, 90+2-90+5 mins they were audible and/or louder than United, otherwise they were pretty quiet. So much for the best fans on the planet.

Also, what's the obsession with shirts over jackets and EVERYONE in team colours. You're Newcastle fans, we get it, you don't need to wear your shirt 3 days before the final.

Morons, hope they join Sunderland in the lower divisions and glad we shithoused them in the final. (We did a LOT of time wasting, LOVED IT)
I saw one call a child in a turban a “typical towel head United fan” … And hey, there are cnuts in every fanbase, but few get lionised quite as much as these feckers for supporting the only club in their City, when all they could muster for their best chance at a trophy in 70 years was waving some fecking TIFO the club had organised for a couple minutes.

I was near enough the halfway line to see and hear both sides clearly too, and United were comfortably better. You won’t hear a fecking peep about it though.

Last edited:

vodrake

I was reading on some of the Newcaste forum post-match threads and some fans who were actually at the game posted about how dissapointing the atmosphere was from their end, and that they were getting out sang most of the match and beforehand, and the guys who watched the match on TV were calling them liars. :lol:

Mockney

I was reading on some of the Newcaste forum post-match threads and some fans who were actually at the game posted about how dissapointing the atmosphere was from their end, and that they were getting out sang most of the match and beforehand, and the guys who watched the match on TV were calling them liars. :lol:
it’s genuinely baffling some of the stuff I’ve seen online yesterday. Loads of them didn’t even come back out of the second half for a good 10 minutes either. :lol:

There’s even some weird stuff about saying United fans didn’t stay for the trophy presentation - which is just very easily disprovable, especially when they all left bang on the whistle, without even staying to applaud their ‘brave boys’…like you’d imagine the ‘best fans in the country’ would.

I’ve seen worse support, sure, but I’m hard pressed to think of a game with worse support that has been so desperately presented by all and sundry as actually amazing support.

Last edited:

UpWithRivers

They've spent around 300 million pounds in just over a year

This is Saudi money in full swing. They are changing the narrative from small nobody club to big club that deserves to be back where they belong and doing it the right way building step by step through shrewd signings. Give it a few years and everyone will think Newcastle is as big a club as United and Liverpool. And I'm not even being dramatic. Look at the footage of the Logan v Fury. Everyone there being interviewed - Fkn great country. Amazing. Tysons Dad even said fk England the Tysons are fighting in Saudi and Quatar from now on. Why? Money. Not just direct but even the reporters etc are treated to 5 star luxury.

Autogeordie

Supports
Newcastle united
Hi, Newcastle Fan here. Just wanted to congratulate your team. Great performance from your lads. Took their chances, and that's how you win. Ten hag has been awesome for you lot, I'm sure you will be back amongst the favourites for the premier league title soon and sticking it to city and make grealish cry...hopefully we won't be to far behind...if you get bored of Rashford let us know haha!

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

What I found genuinely strange is that I don't think their fans realise this. Close friend who supports them is ADAMANT that the officials and coverage was all biased towards us. It's a joke that Rashford got that goal, and apparently every 50/50 went our way, including Rashford's free kick. Ignored my one example of Longstaff rolling around trying to get people sent off, because that obviously doesn't fit the narrative.

I gave up in the end, he was convinced that the game was completely even and they deserved something out of it. If I made the effort and told him that we'd purposely let them have 60+% of the ball, or I said we'd had 10 shots on target vs their 2, I think it may have fried a circuit in the brain.
Some of them realize it and their stance is just a defence mechanism since they're not going to switch their allegiances. Some others are giddy from all the arse licking they've been getting since the takeover by the media. The "believe your own hype" types.

When it comes to the actual game, i can live with the shitehousery when whoever does it owns up. It's part of football's tribalism. I didn't take issue with Trippier's comments in the build-up to the final. He said this is who we are that's how we play. Same with Simeone whenever he complains about the officials while his players' every challenge is on the verge of a yellow card. The thing is that, although their fans will get behind the team, i doubt they believe they are the best thing that's happened to football. And i am sure the Spanish media don't see it that way.

The most amusing thing about the final was that we beat them in a manner similar to how they win games. A set-piece to open the score, when the game was fairly even, and a lucky deflection to seal it a few minutes later. Antony showed toward the end of the half that we had done our homework on them. And when they were trying to pin us down in the second half, Martinez gave the team a breather by provoking them on a few occasions. It is something when you see them whining about how other teams play. They did it at Anfield, too: "Why, oh why, did he keep 12 mins of added time?". Because you spent the majority of the 90 lying on the grass, you morons.

OverratedOpinion

Our entire team was running on fumes having played a much, much busier schedule. They bottled that in embarrassing fashion and yes they had a lot of the ball but I haven't felt more confident of winning a game for a while. It was so, so easy to win that game playing at 50%, they are a long, long way off being a top side.

Also taking your shirt off in February doesn't mean you are a good fan. Just a bit dense.

JimmyWils

Our entire team was running on fumes having played a much, much busier schedule. They bottled that in embarrassing fashion and yes they had a lot of the ball but I haven't felt more confident of winning a game for a while. It was so, so easy to win that game playing at 50%, they are a long, long way off being a top side.

Also taking your shirt off in February doesn't mean you are a good fan. Just a bit dense.
Dense in more ways than one from the looks of that guy...

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Did the Geordies have an open top bus parade yesterday like they did after losing the 99 final?

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Out of curiosity... Why were they waving the white flags?
I am sure there a plenty of Spurs fans around London to buy them up after.

Seriously though is handing out 10s of thousands or disposable plastic flags not a bit tone deaf at the moment, i'd bet that the area was polluted with these monstrosities afterwards. At least the Utd scarfs were 'sustainable'.

Waynne

Yeah that was really strange. At times you'd swear it was a newcastle home game.

RedDevilQuebecois

Yeah that was really strange. At times you'd swear it was a newcastle home game.
I wonder if that was something that was decided by someone in the upper echelons because they wanted to create some weird narrative with Newcastle. Sure I don't remember seeing something like that in a sports broadcast before.

Anyway, this new video from EFL does better justice in showing both sides in the final.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Out of curiosity... Why were they waving the white flags?
Other fans were waving black flags but they werent noticeable compared to the white ones thats why its funny it seemed like they were waving white flags only.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Other fans were waving black flags but they werent noticeable compared to the white ones thats why its funny it seemed like they were waving white flags only.
Ahh right. Yeah I thought it was only white flags haha

justsomebloke

They've spent around 300 million pounds in just over a year
The way the media speak about them, you'd have thought they'd spent about £75m.

They should be in the top 8 with that kind of spend, anything less should be considered a failure. Sure they lost a cup final but that happens to all clubs, the narrative of a plucky little side punching above their weight is just wrong.
Agree somewhat with the sentiment, but 300m over three windows isn't really huge. It's big club level spending, sure, but it's not small-club-taking-fast-track-to-becoming-big-club level spending. This season, their transfer expenditure is fifth in the PL. They outspent everyone in the 22 winter window (roughly 100m, no one else was above 50), but the winter window is a comparatively small part of the overall picture.

I don't think getting from where they were a little over a year ago to where they are now is no more than you'd reasonably expect for a 300m spend. If you stretch it to the past 6 windows, Leeds, Villa, West Ham and Wolves have all spent roughly that amount without really making much headway at all.

And they've spent well. Pope, Botman, Trippier and Guimaraes are all legitimate top club starters, and came at a combined cost of 104 million. Not bad at all.

Last edited:

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I know a Newcastle fan for years. He’s a sound lad until you start talking football! His favourite footballing memory is still their 5-0 league win over us way back in the 90s.

justsomebloke

I know a Newcastle fan for years. He’s a sound lad until you start talking football! His favourite footballing memory is still their 5-0 league win over us way back in the 90s.
How nice. That must mean we're a really important club. :)

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers

Dan Burn got himself a new car.

No cup holders though.

city-puma

It’s really bizarre to see them waving white flags, a massive show of surrendering? The PR and marketing departments of newcastle United should be fired.