Haha Newcastle

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Getting serious Di Maria vibes from that Tonali video.

He didn’t want the move in the first place and the Guy looks like he doesn’t want to be there at all, he barely even broke into a smile and looked miserable throughout.

Red Royal

These lads have never been anything but celebrated

Oh my goodness. Normally I hate when gangs cover faces with goodies, caps, bananas etc. However in this case, to protect all bur 1 of their identities it is a blessing for them.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

He didn’t want the move in the first place and the Guy looks like he doesn’t want to be there at all, he barely even broke into a smile and looked miserable throughout.
I saw that and got the same vibe. It does look like he was pushed out of AC.
Guess the offer was too good to refuse for the Italian giants.

Still, swapping the northern cultural hub of Milan to the grotty North of England would make most people feel depressed.

ForeverRed1

I thought the same thing. They released a video of him having a kick around with a little ginger kid and he looked like he just wanted it to be over. Most random video ever :lol:

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
I think he's just not a big smiles guy. When this is the joy on his face holding the league trophy for his boyhood club, I'm not reading too much into the rest of it. :lol:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Mad that he’s the most expensive Italian footballer ever.

Absolute baller though. Newcastle have got a brilliant player.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Excellent signing for Newcastle.

Those laughing at the fact he isn’t giddily grinning and goofing around in PR vids might be in for a shock when he settles into that team and they realise he’s just a serious no nonsense character and a great player.

His signing will also free up Bruno G as well making them more dangerous and much more difficult to play against.

Best PL signing of the Summer thus far more for me imo. Unless I’m forgetting anyone.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

Surely he could simply say no to moving if he didn't want to go. This isn't like the NBA or NFL where a player can just be moved.

dannyrhinos89

I thought the same thing. They released a video of him having a kick around with a little ginger kid and he looked like he just wanted it to be over. Most random video ever :lol:
yeah that was part of it, the video I saw was his walk around/introduction to the training ground and facilities etc on newcastles YouTube channel. It was just weird and awkward to watch him look so disinterested his GF/wife was the one that was more into it all.

Surely he could simply say no to moving if he didn't want to go. This isn't like the NBA or NFL where a player can just be moved.
when a silly offer comes in it’s hard for a club to turn it down I think footballers just accept that as reality. He may very well settle in Newcastle but I just think he's going to be wanting to go back to Italy sooner rather than later.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
All great musical movements start with one brave pioneer unafraid to do something different, brave enough to put their head above the parapet and say, ‘enough of the old way’, ‘this is the new sound’, ‘this is the way forward’.

From Robert Johnson’s startling, intense reworkings of traditional song topics, to Captain Beefheart and Hendrix’s reimagining of the delta blues into a psychedelic format, to the Stooges electrified, stripped down proto-Punk.

The courage and vision needed to step into the future and reject the safe, accepted standards that have gone before cannot be overstated.

True artistry, true iconoclasm, true creativity is often misunderstood, mocked and maligned when first presented to its unsuspecting audience…

Unfortunately, none of this applies here and this is just a thick Geordie mumbling incoherently into a camera.

justsomebloke

All great musical movements start with one brave pioneer unafraid to do something different, brave enough to put their head above the parapet and say, ‘enough of the old way’, ‘this is the new sound’, ‘this is the way forward’.

From Robert Johnson’s startling, intense reworkings of traditional song topics, to Captain Beefheart and Hendrix’s reimagining of the delta blues into a psychedelic format, to the Stooges electrified, stripped down proto-Punk.

The courage and vision needed to step into the future and reject the safe, accepted standards that have gone before cannot be overstated.

True artistry, true iconoclasm, true creativity is often misunderstood, mocked and maligned when first presented to its unsuspecting audience…

Unfortunately, none of this applies here and this is just a thick Geordie mumbling incoherently into a camera.
:D

RedRover

This highlights how hard it'll be to get players to re-locate to the North East of England. I'm from the North East and previously lived and worked in Newcastle. It's a great City but nothing like London or even Manchester.

The top clubs already pay top money so another £20k a week isn't going to cut it. They wanted Maddison and he chose Spurs.

This lad may settle in but it's a big change for him. I'd say there's at least an equal chance he's back on loan in Italy in 18 months.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
This highlights how hard it'll be to get players to re-locate to the North East of England. I'm from the North East and previously lived and worked in Newcastle. It's a great City but nothing like London or even Manchester.

The top clubs already pay top money so another £20k a week isn't going to cut it. They wanted Maddison and he chose Spurs.

This lad may settle in but it's a big change for him. I'd say there's at least an equal chance he's back on loan in Italy in 18 months.
Nah, he’s a sturdy lad by all accounts. Lots of the UK based Italian-focused journos have been raving about him. Solid little shit with bags of talent.

Will allow Bruno G to play in his best position too.

It will be a brilliant signing.

ForeverRed1

this Is true. Newcastle is so far away from anything and less desirable than other cities. They also don’t really have many trophies in their history, so to go from AC Milan with its history and heritage, the class and stadium to Newcastle now owned by Saudi, is a big drop off imo. Isn’t he a huge AC Milan fan? He doesn’t speak English either I don’t think? That won’t help him. He might take to it and love it there, there are worse places to play football after all. They do have a good fanbase. A decent stadium and lots of money. It could go either way I guess.

RedRover

Nah, he’s a sturdy lad by all accounts. Lots of the UK based Italian-focused journos have been raving about him. Solid little shit with bags of talent.

Will allow Bruno G to play in his best position too.

It will be a brilliant signing.
Remains to be seen doesn't it. Premier League is much more intense than Serie A and Newcastle is a world away from Milan.

He's obviously talented. Seems he'll either be a huge success or won't settle and will want to be away.

Last edited:

RedRover

this Is true. Newcastle is so far away from anything and less desirable than other cities. They also don’t really have many trophies in their history, so to go from AC Milan with its history and heritage, the class and stadium to Newcastle now owned by Saudi, is a big drop off imo. Isn’t he a huge AC Milan fan? He doesn’t speak English either I don’t think? That won’t help him. He might take to it and love it there, there are worse places to play football after all. They do have a good fanbase. A decent stadium and lots of money. It could go either way I guess.
This is only my opinion, but a major issue is how mad passionate a lot of the fans are. If you're a top player living in London you can go shopping or to a restaurant with your family and nobody bothers you. You can be fairly anonymous. You just can't do that in Newcastle. It's a goldfish bowl, and if you live outside the city there is nothing to do unless you like to golf.

predator

Youth NITK
Newcastle ain't that bad. Personally I think it's one of the most picturesque city centres in the UK with its wonderful bridges and stunning Georgian architecture. The city itself isnt as big as the likes of Manchester, Birmingham or Leeds but It has a charm about the place, maybe because its also quite geographical isolated from other UK cities.

I'm not sure where most of the Newcastle players live but I imagine the Saudis will be looking to replicate what City have done with the Citysuites complex in Manchester (where alot of City players live, including Pep and coaching staff).

I think the potential is definitely there for club. They have big solid fanbase and an impressive stadium. As a Man United fan though, we could certainly do without it.

MrFishers

If he didn't want Newcastle then he wouldn't have signed the contract. Club accepts bid but player has to agree and sign for the deal to happen

dannyrhinos89

If he didn't want Newcastle then he wouldn't have signed the contract. Club accepts bid but player has to agree and sign for the deal to happen
You actually think he Wanted to move to Newcastle? another case of money talks, he’s doubled his wages from what he was on at Milan, we also paid Di Maria more than he was on at Real Madrid.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
If there’s any Newcastle fans on here wanting to watch the friendly v Gateshead, it’s on YouTube, don’t know if allowed to write the link but easy enough to find 1-0 Gateshead

Swordsman

You actually think he Wanted to move to Newcastle? another case of money talks, he’s doubled his wages from what he was on at Milan, we also paid Di Maria more than he was on at Real Madrid.
if he hated the move so much, why did he sign the contract, did Italian mafia points guns at him to force him sign ?

Man-United

FFP really makes it difficult for Newcastle to spend money this summer, otherwise they could have doing it like city did in 2009.

Kweku Amonoo

This was brilliant.

dannyrhinos89

if he hated the move so much, why did he sign the contract, did Italian mafia points guns at him to force him sign ?
you obviously can’t read properly, he’s getting over double what he was on at Milan. If you’re on 100k a week then a club cones along offering you 225k a week you aren’t going to turn it down.

Swordsman

you obviously can’t read properly, he’s getting over double what he was on at Milan. If you’re on 100k a week then a club cones along offering you 225k a week you aren’t going to turn it down.
Then he better learn to suck it up since the money is too good for him to turn it down. Be professional and dont turn into another Di Maria.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Because you want to go.

dannyrhinos89

Then he better learn to suck it up since the money is too good for him to turn it down. Be professional and dont turn into another Di Maria.

That's my point I think it'll be another Di Maria situation although he wont be a complete snake lile Di maria was. I wouldn't be surprised if Tonali was back in Italy within 2 seasons.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I hate how many times the word "fairytale" is used in reference to them, because they have Dan fecking Burn playing for them or whatever.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Super 24 hours for them. See ya Tonali.