Hakim Ziyech | Chelsea player

Red the Bear

Something less generic
No , he'll be a disaster over here but i suppose if ten hag is adamant we should do as he wishes.

I think he should move to somewhere like Milan that'll fit him well.

ThanksBoss26

£8m seems to be the rumoured fee knocking about social media.

No doubt that will end up three times higher if we show our hand.

Oranges038

He's probably going to end up at Fenerbache or Galatasary for 7 or 8m and be forgotten about until he rocks up in the CL with Villarreal in a few years.

The Irish Connection

Good, just be decisive and do it. He was very good under ten Hag at Ajax and has experience in the league unlike Antony. Showed glimpses of form at Chelsea, and we need depth.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I hope this is true. Good bang for buck player. Rather him than get fleeced by Ajax yet again.

Zoo

£8m would be a good price. He doesn’t fit in under Tuchel and their dull wingbacks

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Hopefully just agent driven

He parted ways with his agent a few weeks ago, so unless he’s quickly found a new one, he’s representing himself now.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Pointless with Fernandes and Eriksen already at the club. Nothing he adds that those two don’t already.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
AC Milan would be the best option for him but I would love to see him as an extra option for EtH (his fee must be low). A lot better than Elanga etc.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He parted ways with his agent a few weeks ago, so unless he’s quickly found a new one, he’s representing himself now.
“Alright Erik, remember me? How are you set for underperforming wingers bud?”

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I mean, it’s hard to find better wingers for that kind of money €10-€15m. And we’re lacking options upfront. Im not super excited about this but if its him or nothing, we should go for it.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Haven't been overly impressed with him at Chelsea (understatement) but I suppose if anyone is going to get a tune out of him it will be Erik.

We are woefully short in numbers and Ziyech for under £15m would at least give us a decent rotation option for Europe.

AndyMUFC

I mean for a back up winger why not? He's another player that fits the Ten Hag system and we badly need another option on the right.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Watching him and Fernandes trying to out heroball eachother would be quite something.

KeanoMagicHat

I like Ziyech, think he's a brilliant player on his day. I don't see him as a particularly good fit for United though.

Woodzy

If it’s just an extra body because he’s so cheap and not one of our main targets then why not.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I thought he was one of the stand out players for EtH @ Ajax during their Champions League run a couple of seasons ago (2018/19?) so I'm surprised with the reaction here especially for the price.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Lots of people will turn their noses up at this because of the Antony links prior to it. However we are absolutely right to walk away from Antony at those prices being put out. 65-70m for someone from the Dutch League without a lot of experience is bonkers so I'm glad we walked away.

Rashford, Sancho, Ziyech & Garnacho would be fine for me for the upcoming season. Not going to worry City and Liverpool but right now that's not our goal.

Ziyech AND Sesko would make it more appealing though as if least that gives us another number 9 too.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
When he actually gets the ball in areas he likes he’s very dangerous. But unlike at Ajax where he was dominant he has found it much more difficult to get into those positions regularly. The wand of a left foot has still been there in flashes but in my opinion he has been too soft for the PL. Gets pushed around and bullied too easily and he doesn’t have the pace to reliably dribble past defenders.

Still a pretty valuable skill set to have in your squad but he’s not a starter.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
£8m seems to be the rumoured fee knocking about social media.

No doubt that will end up three times higher if we show our hand.
If that does end up being the price and the wages are ok I think it'd be a great buy for United.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I thought he was one of the stand out players for EtH @ Ajax during their Champions League run a couple of seasons ago (2018/19?) so I'm surprised with the reaction here especially for the price.
He will never be given such a role at a top team.

Chief123

I really don’t want him but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s the alternative to Antony. We’ve been out priced by ajax and despite trying to sign Sesko, our right wing is still a weakness with lack of cover. I can see why ETH would want to bring him in as it would be relatively cheap and allows for other signings.

Im just concerned about how underwhelming he’s been in the premier league. He’d essentially be another Mata coming in from the right hand side.

Although if we do sign Sesko who is lethal in the air, Ziyechs crosses could be a dangerous combo.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
He will never be given such a role at a top team.
You will have to forgive my ignorance here but what kind of role was it?

Was he freed of defensive duties and given a free role?

Why do you think it fell apart for him at Chelsea?

GoldanoGraham

I’ve always liked him - Chelsea not been a good fit for him - let’s hope Frenkie sees that as well.

I’d be very happy to have Ziyech in our squad

Dante

Average bang

If the Ziyech rumours were true, it would mean EtH was trying to bring back the Ajax 2019/20 midfield.

Yagami

Good post resistant
When he actually gets the ball in areas he likes he’s very dangerous. But unlike at Ajax where he was dominant he has found it much more difficult to get into those positions regularly. The wand of a left foot has still been there in flashes but in my opinion he has been too soft for the PL. Gets pushed around and bullied too easily and he doesn’t have the pace to reliably dribble past defenders.

Still a pretty valuable skill set to have in your squad but he’s not a starter.
This was why I was unsure of him at Ajax despite looking good, and why I hope we don’t get Anthony. They are too weak. You need players who can beat their man and hold onto the ball under pressure.