Hakim Ziyech | Chelsea player

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
A lot of factors come into performances, Ziyech when under ETH had a season of 20+ assists but let's forget about that.
Then you go on and mention Olise and Neto who are talented but haven't proven themselves anywhere near the level Ziyech has.

I said Attainable if you think spending 100m for Antony is a better deal than Ziyech for 8m idk what to say.
In the Premier League? Brilliant. Let’s sign him up.

Anustart89

I’m with the recruitment team. Obviously we need viable alternatives though as we desperately need attacking reinforcements.
Erik we’re not entirely convinced by this guy that you’ve worked for for less than ten million. We would like to suggest that you sign nobody at all and just cross your fingers that Martial, Sancho, Rashford and Bruno go through the season without a single injury.

What’s that? Martial’s already injured? feck’s sake! hello imaginary conversation lovers in the United safe to go into thread

kelvinwong2026

If we cannot get Antony, I won't mind him for a fee less than 15m. And if he joins, he would likely start ahead of Rashford.

C'est Moi Cantona

I guess the counter point is United is very undesirable to most players who could improve us, whereas players managed by ten hag know what he is capable of.
Yes I get that, and as has been said it'll likely be a very different approach next summer on the back of decent season, but he's risking it a bit if it's these sort of players or nothing this window.

the_cliff

I don’t want to spend 100m on him. Romano is saying 80 - let’s see if it drops. He also hasn’t failed in England. And he’s just turned 22. How old was Ziyech when he had this 20 assist season?
Look I want Antony, I think he has a lot of potential but again he's not a sure thing and I think 80 is also too much for him and I'm sure we think the same way. If it comes down to them not dropping the price then you can do a lot more wrong than get Ziyech for 8m, that's all I'm saying.

Ziyech is not the best rw in the world but having him for a season or 2 until we can get one of such quality in is not the end of the world and is a much better option than just Elanga as backup.

I'm sure the club want Antony but if it doesn't work out then I do want Ziyech and think he'd be a good option to add to our attack.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea

I’m with the recruitment team. Obviously we need viable alternatives though as we desperately need attacking reinforcements.
Why signed ETH as manager but then not get him what he want. For ziyech you don't need to break the bank. If your manager wants him as stop gap for this season then at least go for it.

Chelsea want to sell him or not another matter. But up right rejecting your manager s choice who supposedly your only candidate for job.

The misses from his crosses by Werner havertz pulisic and Lukaku alone give him minimum ten more assists to him each season he played for us.

Last edited:

Swedish_Plumber

Erik we’re not entirely convinced by this guy that you’ve worked for for less than ten million. We would like to suggest that you sign nobody at all and just cross your fingers that Martial, Sancho, Rashford and Bruno go through the season without a single injury.

What’s that? Martial’s already injured? feck’s sake! hello imaginary conversation lovers in the United safe to go into thread
He’s available for less than James cost us and matches the type of football we’ve been playing whilst formerly playing his best stuff under our manager.

However we do need to be moving away from this sort of signing.

However again it’s either sign someone or sign nobody and, like you say, we are fecked if we get 1/2 injuries up top.

ManRed

For the right price and wages this is a good signing to add depth to our squad. Elanga is not and shouldn't be our 3rd winger, and youngsters are not ready for such a big responsibility.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Isn't he exactly what we would need? A left footed right winger who can be a creative force if Sancho is out, or just compete with the 2 wingers we have and rotate at a decent level rather than the massive drop off to Elanga currently?
I like him as a player but he doesn't provide a lot of width or pace. I see him as more similar to Eriksen or Fernandes than to Sancho. Wouldn't have a problem if he came but we have alarming issues in midfield, at right back and up front. I don't see Ziyech solving any of those.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I remember he played really well for Ajax as right winger. I didn't watch chelsea game much. Did he struggle in Chelsea because of Tuchel's 3-4-2-1 formation and tactics? or he is not very good as a winger in EPL? I won't mind him to provide competition to Saka for the right wing position.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I like him as a player but he doesn't provide a lot of width or pace. I see him as more similar to Eriksen or Fernandes than to Sancho. Wouldn't have a problem if he came but we have alarming issues in midfield, at right back and up front. I don't see Ziyech solving any of those.
IMO our current single biggest issue is winger depth. You need 3 top wingers to rotate and compete with each other. Especially with 5 subs this season. They push each other on and rotate when one gets bad form or injured. So that should be #1 priority. Elanga is currently that player for us, and he isn't a premier league level footballer for me. So if one goes down, we resort to playing players out of position or using a championship level player.

Up top yes we have issues, but if we do nothing, we at least have martial and Ronaldo to rotate between and Rashford who can slot in if we're desperate. At right back it's not ideal, but dalot is decent and I think ten hag clearly likes him, and Wan Bissaka as backup is fine. Midfield 3 we have 6 decent to good players (and all certainly would be wanted by top half premier league sides in some capacity). So again. Not as good as we want, but far more prepared to go through a premier league season.

FatTails

For the right fee (10m), I’d take him to strengthen the squad.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Why signed ETH as manager but then not get him what he want. For ziyech you don't need to break the bank. If your manager wants him as stop gap for this season then at least go for it.

Chelsea want to sell him or not another matter. But up right rejecting your manager s choice who supposedly your only candidate for job.
Managers don’t always get their first choice options. Even Klopp and Pep have that issue. So far we’ve brought in his specific targets from the league and team he managed (we in fact totally departed from our long-term scouted target in Pau Torres to get Martinez). We’ve gone balls to the wall trying to get de Jong, 13 weeks of negotiations, at the behest of ten Hag and basically have no alternatives in place.

We’ve yet to get him attackers, but vetoing signing a massively underperforming player whose main strengths are nearly identical to our main no.10 and our other new midfield signing is warranted, if you ask me.

skc_18

He would be our Mata replacement. With 5 sub rule, we need more attackers on the bench. We dont need bench full of defenders.
If it is really 10 million, it is a good short-term deal.

We have been playing as a counter-attack team and he would not be a great addition in this team but Eth changes it to a different style he might come good.

soapythecat

He was brilliant under ETH. Always thought he didn’t get a great run at Chelsea which suggest maybe not transferred his ability to the PL. When he’s played for Chelsea he has looked good and way better than anything I’ve seen from Elanga, Rashford last season and a much harder worker than Ronaldo. Can’t believe we aren’t serious about this if the interest and the price is right.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
He would be a bargain at 10m but still seems like a bad idea for United. The opportunity cost is more important than the financial cost. The reality is that Ziyech or not you're likely to be in the 5-7th positions this year. If you buy Ziyech you're probably not buying another young winger, or figuring out how to give quite as many minutes to players like Garnacho or Mejbri. You already brought in one older attacking midfielder in Eriksen to help raise/stabilize the level for the next year or two. You don't want to bring in too many of those kinds of players or you start hampering your ability to really rebuild in a more fundamental way.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Would be a starter here

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Where are people getting this 8M price from?

Transfermarkt has his 'value' at 28M€ and Chelsea paid 40M€ for him just two years ago. While he's not been great, he's not been so bad either that I'd let him go for just about any offer and I'm pretty sure the people at the club agree. Only on 100K/wk wages too so nothing outrageous.

Litch

Squad player, great but it’s the starting 11 that we are still struggling with….

the_cliff

Squad player, great but it’s the starting 11 that we are still struggling with….
He'd walk in our starting 11.

Ziyech rw
Sancho lw

Rashford will become the squad player.

I don't think people realise how shit some of our players actually are

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He'd walk in our starting 11.

Ziyech rw
Sancho lw

Rashford will become the squad player.

I don't think people realise how shit some of our players actually are
On Sancho's showing today he could easily be a squad option soon too. He's been an awful signing so far.

the_cliff

On Sancho's showing today he could easily be a squad option soon too. He's been an awful signing so far.
Agreed, however Sancho hasn't had 4 seasons of chances and you can still see the signs of his technical ability.

Rashfords technical ability is non existent.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Agreed, however Sancho hasn't had 4 seasons of chances and you can still see the signs of his technical ability.

Rashfords technical ability is non existent.
Rashford also didn't cost us 74m and and has actually delivered for us, albeit not for 18 months.

Sancho gets a free ride too easily. He won't be going to the world cup on today or last season's showing.

the_cliff

Rashford also didn't cost us 74m and and has actually delivered for us, albeit not for 18 months.

Sancho gets a free ride too easily. He won't be going to the world cup on today or last season's showing.
Sancho just got back from illness was probably forced into the starting 11 today due to our backup option being Elanga.

I'll give him the benefit of doubt, Rashford it was just his usual performance.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He's a quality player. Not sure why it quite didn't work out at Chelsea.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Sancho just got back from illness was probably forced into the starting 11 today due to our backup option being Elanga.

I'll give him the benefit of doubt, Rashford it was just his usual performance.
Rashford, Bruno and Sancho were all dreadful. No excuses need to be made.

the_cliff

Rashford, Bruno and Sancho were all dreadful. No excuses need to be made.
Agreed, Rashford and Bruno were mostly terrible in pre season as well, especially Bruno. But if I had to keep one it would be the 22 year old all day.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Agreed, Rashford and Bruno were mostly terrible in pre season as well, especially Bruno. But if I had to keep one it would be the 22 year old all day.
We will be keeping all 3. Nobody else can afford to pay them what we do.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
He was excellent under Lampard but struggled with injuries - the problem for him is he's an awkward fit into Tuchel's 3-4-2-1, since to work he really has to be a right winger who stays wide in 1v1 situations. As soon as he moves centrally he's been overwhelmed whilst at Chelsea.

We played a 4-3-3 at times last year when both our wingbacks were down and Ziyech's form picked up - but until we phase Jorginho and Thiago Silva out of the team, that formation is probably not really viable week to week with our squad currently. Ultimately it leaves Ziyech as a square peg for a round hole - but I do agree with the consensus that he'd be an upgrade for you and a much-needed creative spark.

UsualSuspect

Supports
Chelsea
Don't get me wrong, by no means is he a Sterling level player, but there were times when he's been genuinely good for a spell only to get an untimely injury. He doesn't work at Chelsea largely because the system doesn't suit his strengths. 343 requires him to play as a half 10 with James/Azpi providing the width.

The patient build up play doesn't help either. So essentially he's often more central and in congested areas where his physical attributes are put to the test. Technically he's good though. If he played as a genuine RW, and had some time and space on the ball, he could be very effective. He also works hard and does some good stuff off-the-ball. I think 30m for an upgrade on what Utd has, and he knows the manager, is decent business.

HBFSTR00

Supports
Ten hag
Get him in, just for the sake of getting a different mentality in. Most of our players are broken.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
None of our attackers look particularly good under Tuchel. Ziyech came out and said the 343 doesn’t really suit him.

The few times we did play 433 last season and ziyech played rw he was so much better.