Gaming Halo Infinite | Season 2 launches May 3rd - comes with two new maps!

Bosws87

And you'll never be any better with that kind of attitude!

@Alock1 Question: With COD (inc warzone) how does it work on console, are you still playing with console only lobbies on M/KB or are you forced into crossplay and vs other PC gamers? Same with Halo, how does it work on that?

Actually another question: I don't know if you'd know the difference (and obviously I don't mean that in any other way than you don't play on PC with direct mouse control), but on Warzone/Cod/Halo do they all do mouse smoothing/acceleration? (you'd know by various levels of floaty feeling to the mouse). For example both Fortnite and Sea of Thieves have them on, the former way too much too or at least about 2 years ago when I tested it they did.
Can you even change the dpi on a console, i would guess yes its a mouse feature.

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/ is a great site for keeping the same sensitivity over multiple games it should work for consoles as long as you can work out the default fov etc.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Would be buzzing if it happened though. Seems almost certain.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Campaign is the important part for me - would be interested if the achievements will be split, given one is F2P

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Pringles never fails.

Doesn't seem like there's anyone on the caf who really cares, but if there's anyone interested in the game, log-in before November 22nd (four days after my birthday) to get access to 'exclusive rewards'

Alock1

Pringles never fails.

Doesn't seem like there's anyone on the caf who really cares, but if there's anyone interested in the game, log-in before November 22nd (four days after my birthday) to get access to 'exclusive rewards'

we've been talking about it in the xbox thread mate. but nice birthday flex. i've added it to my calendar.

Alock1

https://www.ign.com/articles/halo-infinite-campaign-co-op-forge-mode-delay

Co-op and Forge mode won't launch until May 2022 at the earliest.
Yeah I thought this was confirmed Monday when they said season 1 was now 6 months but I guess people didn't make the connection.

As I said in xbox thread, think they will lose momentum before season 2 but as its free and campaign on gamepass they should be able to pick back up when they come.

I don't think delayed forge is an issue (makes sense to be honest) but co op is.

altodevil

It's only taken a few hours for me to hate 343 again. I mean really. It's pathetic. I will hold on to the bungie memories until co-op.

Conor

Considering how well received the multiplayer is, I'd have a little faith that they need to delay for it to be right.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Yeah I thought this was confirmed Monday when they said season 1 was now 6 months but I guess people didn't make the connection.

As I said in xbox thread, think they will lose momentum before season 2 but as its free and campaign on gamepass they should be able to pick back up when they come.

I don't think delayed forge is an issue (makes sense to be honest) but co op is.
It is mindblowing that they had this as a launch game - and it probably would have been released as one in the state it was in if not for the Craig memes.

The delay worked well for the multiplayer so it should work well for the co-op too - though as has been said before, campaign co-op is a huge part of the Halo experience for many people so it is a bit awkward that won't be there for so long.

Bosws87

Clear it’s been rushed to hit the Xmas period there’s a distinct lack of content, solid what’s available but I expect in a years time it will be a totally different package.

Alock1

Clear it’s been rushed to hit the Xmas period there’s a distinct lack of content, solid what’s available but I expect in a years time it will be a totally different package.
To be fair I'm not sure if Co-op is 'content' as such (though technically everything is content). Ultimately it's the same campaign - the same levels, guns, enemies, stories, missions - but I think they have struggled to make it work and be balanced. Co-op is a big part of Halo - true, but it's usually just run and gun through fairly corridor-designed missions with little variation, user choice or deviation. Having 'open world' with bases, side missions, towers, loot perhaps - does change things up a lot. The frustrating thing is that those sorts of things are what make it a perfect co-op experience!

It doesn't feel like something you should delay the game for though at the same time. Plenty of people (millions) will play the single player solo so why hold it back.

It is mindblowing that they had this as a launch game - and it probably would have been released as one in the state it was in if not for the Craig memes.

The delay worked well for the multiplayer so it should work well for the co-op too - though as has been said before, campaign co-op is a huge part of the Halo experience for many people so it is a bit awkward that won't be there for so long.
Mindblowing that they didn't delay it sooner I'd agree, but I dunno.. people need some perspective when you consider the pandemic when it comes to the delay itself. Even now most of 343 will be working from home and that effects workflows on this stuff a hell of a lot, and they (supposedly) have avoided pushing for crunch which they easily could have done.

Look at how long Cyberpunk got delayed and the actual state that came out in. Even now, a year later and it still doesn't have next gen versions and half the game continues to be a buggy mess despite huge resources and crunch.

The delay here seems to have done wonders - the multiplayer is tight and polished, and supposedly the campaign is too - not perfect I'm sure, but supposedly very well made and put together with high production values.

We've seen loads of big delays. Battlefield has released in a terrible state without even having a single-player campaign. These days, most games don't ship with both a single player and multiplayer element, and definitely not a forge mode. Considering that the multiplayer (including forge) is f2p, and that campaign will be accessed by most people via gamepass, I think this is more than fair vs delaying the game further and don't think it can be seen as 'rushing it out for xmas' (they don't need anything to push console sales, they're sold out. and are interested in gamepass subs, not game sales).

altodevil

Update was fine for me - 25gb. Played the first couple of missions, good fun.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Multiplayer has been great fun so far. Was crashing a bunch last week but I've updated drivers and plain sailing since then.

Excited to get the campaign, but lack of co-op has me a little on the fence about paying the fifty quid.

Anyone here buy it? Worth it?

Alock1

Multiplayer has been great fun so far. Was crashing a bunch last week but I've updated drivers and plain sailing since then.

Excited to get the campaign, but lack of co-op has me a little on the fence about paying the fifty quid.

Anyone here buy it? Worth it?
Get gamepass instead?

altodevil

Yeah you could get like 2 years of gamepass for the same price

Alock1

Alock1

Tried Warzone tonight. Besides being a laggy, buggy mess (guns and people kept turning into huge pixelated groups of triangles), the contrast in terms of visibility, graphics and general polish was huge.

Upto diamond 3 after my first good night on ranked for a while. Had about 2 games of Slayer and CTF in the last 40. Not sure why but struggle to get anything outside Oddball and Stronghold.

The melee still feels fecked to me though. Difficult to connect and feels inconsistent which is frustrating as its so important in Halo. And I do wish there wasn't so many grenades! Especially when friendly fire is on in ranked.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Yeah grenades do seem OP as feck currently, but maybe thats cus I have like 40% accuracy atm... :)

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I've seen the thread but know enough people who have no issues. Don't you yourself have it? I know @Massive Spanner and a few others here use it. Something to be considerate of for sure.
The app is awful but I wouldn't say it invalidates the worth of Gamepass on PC. I have had problems with it randomly uninstalling games on me but not deleting the files and because the install folder is hidden, it's a nightmare to get in and delete them manually. Also games refusing to update and the app itself is just a mess to find anything. It is a bit of a shambles, especially as it's not in beta anymore, but still worth it.
Tried Warzone tonight. Besides being a laggy, buggy mess (guns and people kept turning into huge pixelated groups of triangles), the contrast in terms of visibility, graphics and general polish was huge.

Upto diamond 3 after my first good night on ranked for a while. Had about 2 games of Slayer and CTF in the last 40. Not sure why but struggle to get anything outside Oddball and Stronghold.

The melee still feels fecked to me though. Difficult to connect and feels inconsistent which is frustrating as its so important in Halo. And I do wish there wasn't so many grenades! Especially when friendly fire is on in ranked.
I'd call bullshit on that. Warzone did just release a huge new map though for the first time since launch so maybe that's why. It's generally a very polished game, plus it's waaaay more ambitious than Halo so incomparable. For a game with 160 people on a map at any one time it generally has always ran very, very well. It's not without its problems and the pixelated guns thing is a recurring problem wheneer there's a big update but overall it's perfectly fine especially compared to a lot of big BR games.

mitChley

Yeah grenades do seem OP as feck currently, but maybe thats cus I have like 40% accuracy atm... :)
Grenades always have been OP in Halo, I definitely find them a lot more grating this year, probably because a lot of games have tried to move away from grenade spam. I hope they tone them down a little.

Alock1

I'd call bullshit on that. Warzone did just release a huge new map though for the first time since launch so maybe that's why. It's generally a very polished game, plus it's waaaay more ambitious than Halo so incomparable. For a game with 160 people on a map at any one time it generally has always ran very, very well. It's not without its problems and the pixelated guns thing is a recurring problem wheneer there's a big update but overall it's perfectly fine especially compared to a lot of big BR games.
I love(d) warzone. But with the new update, it's a laggy, buggy mess with poor visibility and shit graphics. You can't really call bullshit on that - go play it yourself. It's way more ambitious and I'll happily take that into consideration, but after a year of next-gen there still isn't a native next gen version. I'm sure the connection and buggy elements will improve in coming patches, but less the visibility and graphics. A big reason I'm lacking confidence is because I have Vanguard and it's the worst cod I've played in a long time, the one I've played the least since Infinite Warfare and carries much of the same issues. We'll see over time, but as of right now, the MW engine feels, looks and plays better to me than the modified Vanguard one.

Even before though, Verdansk wouldn't run at flawless 120fps and the visibility wasn't great. Doesn't mean it isn't great in other areas, but on those 2 points, Halo is better.

ArjenIsM3

Grenades always have been OP in Halo, I definitely find them a lot more grating this year, probably because a lot of games have tried to move away from grenade spam. I hope they tone them down a little.
Actually when compared to the early Halo games I thought the grenades were a lot less powerful. But then I haven't played the MCC online, it's been a while since I've played Halo online so I could be wrong there.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I love(d) warzone. But with the new update, it's a laggy, buggy mess with poor visibility and shit graphics. You can't really call bullshit on that - go play it yourself. It's way more ambitious and I'll happily take that into consideration, but after a year of next-gen there still isn't a native next gen version. I'm sure the connection and buggy elements will improve in coming patches, but less the visibility and graphics. A big reason I'm lacking confidence is because I have Vanguard and it's the worst cod I've played in a long time, the one I've played the least since Infinite Warfare and carries much of the same issues. We'll see over time, but as of right now, the MW engine feels, looks and plays better to me than the modified Vanguard one.

Even before though, Verdansk wouldn't run at flawless 120fps and the visibility wasn't great. Doesn't mean it isn't great in other areas, but on those 2 points, Halo is better.
"Halo is better" You're such a gimp even bringing it up in here to compare them :lol:

I've only played Warzone on PC and never had major problems. I think it's only natural that a big new ambitious map would have problems initially as it's such a complicated game with so much going on. It's much easier for a little arena/20 person shooter like Halo to iron out bugs in beta.

Nickosaur

Haven't really kept a close eye on this but I do love Halo campaigns and multiplayer. Great that it's included in game pass. As BF2042 will be a hot mess for another few months this will have to scratch that itch.

Alock1

"Halo is better" You're such a gimp even bringing it up in here to compare them :lol:

I've only played Warzone on PC and never had major problems. I think it's only natural that a big new ambitious map would have problems initially as it's such a complicated game with so much going on. It's much easier for a little arena/20 person shooter like Halo to iron out bugs in beta.
I didn't say Halo is better generally. I'm just saying on those 2 points, Halo is better, and it was after playing Warzone again yesterday that I appreciated that stuff more. Why are you getting defensive (says the one, I know..)? Played a game, made me appreciate something that another game does well. Nothing gimpy about it, but I'm happy to play the gimp for you any day pal - you just need to ask. I'll get my mask.

On the 2nd point - have you played Vanguard? Because I get those issues in 'little arena/20 person shooter' maps there too, even a month after launch.

Here's one I shared with my mates a week or two ago, from a 'little arena' mode

And here's one I shared from last night. Luckily it was in the warm up part (hence me peppering a truck for no reason), but that kept happening in the game too.

I'll happily take extra calls of gimp for the 2 minutes it took me to make those sharable with you

Alock1

Actually when compared to the early Halo games I thought the grenades were a lot less powerful. But then I haven't played the MCC online, it's been a while since I've played Halo online so I could be wrong there.
Less that they're OP individually and more the grenade spam element since each person can so quickly hold 4 grenades. On ranked with friendly-frags on, in theory you can have 16 grenades going off - and that's if nobody picks up after throwing. They're so readily available, and everybody tends to just wing them at the start of every fight .