Handy tips during the Coronavirus outbreak.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Say the virus lasts for three days on leather. If I wear my gloves out and they get spattered with virus, so I leave them out back for three or four days without touching them, will they then be ok to rewear? Same with disposable masks?
Think you need to look up a way of cleaning them. Thought I saw someone mention it somewhere.
Me, I'd probably never wear them again.

Best to wear disposables when you're out and about. Be careful how you take them off so you don't touch the outside.

Fener1907

Completely agree with you. So many people have absolutely no idea how to look after themselves.
No wonder the NHS is under so much pressure.
It's the excessive alcohol consumption that gets me. Many European nations are very irreverent about its consequences and the young in particular are dismissive because they claim they want to live life to its fullest.

Not sure how exactly you can live life to its fullest when your liver and other organs are already checking out when you're entering your thirties.

TheReligion

Abusive
So if you are buying for yourself or elderly relatives then it is better to go to Tesco and mingle with hundreds every other day for a fresh loaf rather than giving them the option of freezing food that could be going out of date anyway?
Every other day for bread, milk and eggs? You do a weekly shop as normal. Encouraging people to buy more than they need and freeze it is why theres empty shelves and people are going without. Everyone needs to settle down. Even if there's a lockdown at some point supermarkets and grocery stores will remain open.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Say the virus lasts for three days on leather. If I wear my gloves out and they get spattered with virus, so I leave them out back for three or four days without touching them, will they then be ok to rewear? Same with disposable masks?
Yeah, I'll echo Jazz's comments JP. You need to get yourself some murder gloves (black nitrile).

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
How about stop panicking about shit you can't control?

Wash your hands and ass regularly. Social distance. Check up on your people. And otherwise live your life and stop panicking. At best it is really pointless. At worse you can get a heart attack or panic attack.

I recommend you become friends with your local street pharmacist.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Every other day for bread, milk and eggs? You do a weekly shop as normal. Encouraging people to buy more than they need and freeze it is why theres empty shelves and people are going without. Everyone needs to settle down. Even if there's a lockdown at some point supermarkets and grocery stores will remain open.
Bread rarely has a weeks best before date on it so yeah we have always gone every couple of days usually for fresh bread. I have never mentioned loading up at others expense I just mentioned that stuff that you normally wouldn’t freeze can be frozen if perhaps you do a shop for someone else and didn’t want to be queuing up with everyone else or it was going out of date.

TheReligion

Abusive
Bread rarely has a weeks best before date on it so yeah we have always gone every couple of days usually for fresh bread. I have never mentioned loading up at others expense I just mentioned that stuff that you normally wouldn’t freeze can be frozen if perhaps you do a shop for someone else and didn’t want to be queuing up with everyone else or it was going out of date.
I know you don't mean any harm but people are doing just that at the moment. Buying things in excess and freezing them. Yesterday I couldn't buy any eggs, there was no bread anywhere and milk was hard to find. I visited three different shops.

All this mass buying needs to stop. It's crippling the country.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
I know you don't mean any harm but people are doing just that at the moment. Buying things in excess and freezing them. Yesterday I couldn't buy any eggs, there was no bread anywhere and milk was hard to find. I visited three different shops.

All this mass buying needs to stop. It's crippling the country.
Local shops have been excellent to be fair. Called in our little corner shop today and it had everything bar the hand sanitiser. People tend to just head for the big supermarkets but hundreds together everyday is a recipe for disaster.

Oh by the way all I wanted was a newspaper but had a nosey around just to see what they had really.

TheReligion

Abusive
Local shops have been excellent to be fair. Called in our little corner shop today and it had everything bar the hand sanitiser. People tend to just head for the big supermarkets but hundreds together everyday is a recipe for disaster.

Oh by the way all I wanted was a newspaper but had a nosey around just to see what they had really.
I'd like to see you as a neighborhood watch/stockpiling enforcer. Keeping an eye on local businesses.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Save the oil from things like cans of tuna so it can be used for cooking with.

Also, if you are boiling vegetables or what. Put your eggs or pasta to boil in same pot and just remove when they're ready.
Saves time, water and gas/electricity.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
I think disposable gloves are a good help when you're in shops. I take mine off as soon as I'm walking back to the car, drop them in the nearest bin and use my hand sanitiser before I get back in the car.

Brophs

The One and Only
Have your shoes sitting in a box close to front door so you can put on and take off without walk the virus through the house.
Also have alcohol ot bleach to clean shoes.
What the feck have you been doing with your shoes to get them so riddled with CV?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Think you need to look up a way of cleaning them. Thought I saw someone mention it somewhere.
Me, I'd probably never wear them again.

Best to wear disposables when you're out and about. Be careful how you take them off so you don't touch the outside.
Problem it's hard to get masks and sanitiser, so no idea how to clean them and it's hard to replace them if we chuck them out after a single use.
Yeah, I'll echo Jazz's comments JP. You need to get yourself some murder gloves (black nitrile).
:lol:These are the first ones that came up on google and they look pretty sinister.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/polyco-b...PyOxwrYPGUOlMD0JEUhoCkPMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Jippy

Staff
I think disposable gloves are a good help when you're in shops. I take mine off as soon as I'm walking back to the car, drop them in the nearest bin and use my hand sanitiser before I get back in the car.
What about the unloading the shopping and using the self-scan machine bit? Also need to get your card out of your pocket. It's hard not to contaminate some things without using umpteen gloves in one go.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Save the oil from things like cans of tuna so it can be used for cooking with.

Also, if you are boiling vegetables or what. Put your eggs or pasta to boil in same pot and just remove when they're ready.
Saves time, water and gas/electricity.
Also if you have to wank do it into your breakfast cereal to recycle the nutritious goodness.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Also if you have to wank do it into your breakfast cereal to recycle the nutritious goodness.
Or use both sides of toilet paper after drying it under your armpits for a while.
Every little helps the tree's who are working overtime in the Amazon right now.

0le

Those'll do. They look suave and cool. Other gloves (latex, vinyl, even blue nitrile) make me think the people wearing them are diseased.
The black ones remind me of something used for biohazard whereas the purple/white ones make me think laboratory.

0le

Yeah we've got some old white latex ones from when the cat had diarrhoea and they're pretty nasty.
:D. My partners cat doesn't have diarrhoea but her poo stinks the place out so much, it might as well be.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Remember the face of anyone that tries to make money from this, and if you then catch it, find them and cough on the cnut.

botond

put the gloves on the sun for a day , and the masks in the oven at 70C for 30 minutes

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
What about the unloading the shopping and using the self-scan machine bit? Also need to get your card out of your pocket. It's hard not to contaminate some things without using umpteen gloves in one go.
No self-scan here, there's just Francesca and one till at our shop! I'm not getting hysterical about not touching bank cards and stuff like that. It's simply not possible. I'm keeping my hands clean and my mouth and nose covered when I'm out, and that's about it.

Jippy

Staff
put the gloves on the sun for a day , and the masks in the oven at 70C for 30 minutes
I live in England and it's grey as hell, no sun. You sure the oven won't burn the masks?

No self-scan here, there's just Francesca and one till at our shop! I'm not getting hysterical about not touching bank cards and stuff like that. It's simply not possible. I'm keeping my hands clean and my mouth and nose covered when I'm out, and that's about it.
I do feel sorry for the Francescas and supermarket staff all over right now, dealing with the worst side of people.

Fair enough on the precautions- I'm similarly taking what sensible precautions I can, but not owning hazmat suits, it will never be perfect.

TheReligion

Abusive
Is anyone in the UK looking to get a suitable mask? I'm curious to see people's thoughts on this and where they would look up get them. Also are they just one use only? If so you'd need alot. Or is there a way of sterilising them.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
A good place for food shopping in South Manchester is White City. Three decent size supermarkets (Aldi, M&S, Iceland Food Warehouse) plus Home Bargains, all on one car park. Much calmer there than the single site locations down the road.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Is anyone in the UK looking to get a suitable mask? I'm curious to see people's thoughts on this and where they would look up get them. Also are they just one use only? If so you'd need alot. Or is there a way of sterilising them.
If anyone has any policeman's helmets lying around they could easily transform one into a mask by drilling two holes on the edge for some elastic and two more holes for the eyes.

TheReligion

Abusive
If anyone has any policeman's helmets lying around they could easily transform one into a mask by drilling two holes on the edge for some elastic and two more holes for the eyes.
Well it might be all we get at this rate!

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
We are being urged by the government to do a number of things.

One being to wash our hands as often as possible.

And to try and take exercise outside while keeping a distance from others.

So I went out today for a long walk in the fresh air along the lovely Bristol to Bath cycle path. Eventually I needed the toilet so I walked to the nearest I know of only to find that it was shut.

There was a notice saying that it was shut 'to avoid the spread of the coronavirus'

In fact all the public toilets in South Gloucestershire are shut.

I will readily accept that I may be a bit dim.
But how is closing public toilets along with their wash hand facilities even remotely going to prevent the spread of this virus.