5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sviken

Will he be a squad regular under RR? I hope so.
I sincerely hope so. One thing I' most excited about Rangnick is giving these young talents a go. This is one of the biggest things I hated about Ole - for all the talks about the "United way", he was too cowardly to use youth. We have had so many talented youngsters just rotting in the youth teams or on loans in godforsaken teams because of him. Hopefully all of this now changes.

redom

Tunisia lost to Syria 2-0 earlier, just been watching the first half replay and after the early goal from Syria the playacting and general level of shithousery from them has been comical and then it was topped off by an undeserved red card at the end of the half for Tunisia. As for Mejbri he's done ok so far, looked good when he's kept it simple but lost possession a few times when overplaying and looked a bit exasperated, understandably so, by all the stoppages and gamesmanship by Syria. Seems he played the full 90 though so more good experience for him I suppose.

Second goal for Syria was a cracker, right at the start of the second half.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Tunisia lost to Syria 2-0 earlier, just been watching the first half replay and after the early goal from Syria the playacting and general level of shithousery from them has been comical and then it was topped off by an undeserved red card at the end of the half for Tunisia. As for Mejbri he's done ok so far, looked good when he's kept it simple but lost possession a few times when overplaying and looked a bit exasperated, understandably so, by all the stoppages and gamesmanship by Syria. Seems he played the full 90 though so more good experience for him I suppose.

Second goal for Syria was a cracker, right at the start of the second half.
Reality of middle eastern and generally arab football
He has to get used to it as he'll be facing such opposition frequently
Its also nice to mention that the refereeing is absolutely bent in that area even with var so he better keep his cool for his own sake and his team

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Its also nice to mention that the refereeing is absolutely bent in that area even with var so he better keep his cool for his own sake and his team
Shithousery is unique to Arab football?

Sounds more like Mejbri has to get used to the men's game.

redom

It's something to behold that's for sure, the Syrian keeper went down holding his hand at one point after punching the ball and then following through on a Tunisian players head and was gesturing that he wanted the physios on, the ref said no so he got up shook his hand and was right as rain, then one of their defenders refused to go to the side of the pitch after receiving treatment and another went so far as to be stretchered off only to pop up and sprint down the touchline to be let back on after they got him off the pitch :lol:

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
It's something to behold that's for sure, the Syrian keeper went down holding his hand at one point after punching the ball and then following through on a Tunisian players head and was gesturing that he wanted the physios on, the ref said no so he got up shook his hand and was right as rain, then one of their defenders refused to go to the side of the pitch after receiving treatment and another went so far as to be stretchered off only to pop up and sprint down the touchline to be let back on after they got him off the pitch :lol:
My friend said last week if football had a brain of its own it would kick us out of the game, our football is totally shit and our players are total assholes. :lol:

redom

My friend said last week if football had a brain of its own it would kick us out of the game, our football is totally shit and our players are total assholes. :lol:
Congrats on what seems to have been a pretty big upset with that result, you might have resorted to some dark arts to get there but I can't imagine you would have got that win without it. That second goal was a lovely strike too, can't beat it when then ball ricochets down off the bar and bounces back up into the roof of the net.

arthurka

Congrats great win seen the highlights what a nice goal it was. Shithousery of the finest art.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Shithousery is unique to Arab football?

Sounds more like Mejbri has to get used to the men's game.
Agree about the second point he seems to have temper problems and needs to grow in to the game

And in regards to your first point i see how my comment may be misconstrued as stereotyping as that's not my intention im connected to that area so I'm extra invested in the games played there and coupled with my general experience from watching football in other areas I'm very comfortable making that assertion

The only place we're i find it comparable is south American football but thats a lot more physical compared to over here so i won't say its exactly the same

Gamesmanship shithousery being clever or whatever you want to call it constitutes a large part of football over here and for good reason games over here are very heated coupled with intense national rivalry (compared to europe where its easy to see a lot of players don't really care that much due the weakening of nationalist sentiment) means much more heated games where winning supercedes playing football by a large margin and one of those ways is learning the art of extreme time wasting and general shithousery (just watch some of the qualifying games you get my point)

Add the absolute bent mess of refereeing over here and every single game turns into a shitshow with controversy all over the place

Each game is a very high stakes affair with great national importance to their people the players absolutely do not want to disappoint their country (football is the only thing a lot of these people have considering the miserable state aot of these countries are in Syria for example)

I do enjoy these games as I personally enjoy controversy but for Hannibal who played most of his youth in European set up so its obvious to see he might have a hard time acclimating himself to this new environment as there is very big and tangible difference

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The games are worth watching for the shithousery alone any footballing quality is just the icing on the cake

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Ahh don't take it to hard I've seen much worse

Congratulations on the win it must mean a lot to your people after the qualifying mess of a campaign you guys had for the world cup wish you the best

bdecuc

Amazing scene in that match in the last couple of minutes. Mejbri shot from maybe just outside the penalty area and it looked like it might have been going in (it was a scramble with players all over the place so a shot on target I think would have been a goal) but the ball hit the side of the referees head and deflected wide. And the referee gave a drop ball for the Syrians!! Utterly bizarre.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Amazing scene in that match in the last couple of minutes. Mejbri shot from maybe just outside the penalty area and it looked like it might have been going in (it was a scramble with players all over the place so a shot on target I think would have been a goal) but the ball hit the side of the referees head and deflected wide. And the referee gave a drop ball for the Syrians!! Utterly bizarre.
Referee in the penalty box :lol:

Sounds like top entertainment

Bestietom

I really like the look of Mejbri, I really think he’s going to make it here, ( hope I haven’t jinxed the poor kid now) but there’s just something about him. Played ok for the short time he was on.
Yes, I'm with you. Really hope he makes it here. Has bundles of skill and a very good passer.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Ahh don't take it to hard I've seen much worse

Congratulations on the win it must mean a lot to your people after the qualifying mess of a campaign you guys had for the world cup wish you the best
How is that taking it hard? :lol:

Thanks but I really don't care for the national team ever since they tried to bring in a new pro gk who plays in Europe but politicians stepped in to keep the current shit keeper and started calling people who wanted him dropped unpatriotic, it's so dumb.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
How is that taking it hard? :lol:

Thanks but I really don't care for the national team ever since they tried to bring in a new pro gk who plays in Europe but politicians stepped in to keep the current shit keeper and started calling people who wanted him dropped unpatriotic, it's so dumb.
Damn that's bad you think they'd want the team to do well

Thiagoal

It feels weird seeing him play so composed for Tunisia yet he has no minutes for our first team! Should definitely go out on loan in January

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This lad now needs a loan for the second half of the season if he’s not going to get minutes off our bench. Technically he’s very good but we need to see how he takes to mens football. Could be another Pereira, could be way better, only playing matches will help us find out.

Red00012

Needs a loan in January if he isn’t going to be a part of the 1st team.

In Rainbows

The most impressive attribute is his calmness with the ball in the air. It allows him more time on the ball and less possession loss. Even the best technicians are not guaranteed to have that trait. It bodes well for senior football where less time will be afforded to him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He has the work rate/stamina to play in one of the two roles behind the front two in a 4222, along with being strong technically. It'll be interesting to see how Rangnick sees things.

But having said that, he's got the current tournament with Tunisia, as well as potentially being selected for the AFCON, which starts in January.

gajender

He has the work rate/stamina to play in one of the two roles behind the front two in a 4222, along with being strong technically. It'll be interesting to see how Rangnick sees things.

But having said that, he's got the current tournament with Tunisia, as well as potentially being selected for the AFCON, which starts in January.
I believe we should develop him for the deeper role personally we already have enough young talent for offensive positions ,but only he has the the skill set to excel in midfield positions and that's the way we should mould him for future .

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

He’s getting closer that’s for sure. I have a slight worry about his temperament but RR should be able to iron that out. Personally I think it’s the only thing that can hold him back now

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He’s getting closer that’s for sure. I have a slight worry about his temperament but RR should be able to iron that out. Personally I think it’s the only thing that can hold him back now
We can only hope for the best at this stage mate. Rangnick is someone who has shown the ability to bring through players at a high level, so we're in capable hands in that regard.

Glorio

It's a shame he won't get a chance to play this Wednesday as he's away but on the plus side, he's getting loads and loads of men's games under his belt (perhaps not the required quality in all of them) in a short period.

The Hannibal to emerge from this current tournament and the AFCON will actually be a lot more experienced in men's football (depending on how far Tunisia go) than his mates back "home". Great for him actually

RuudTom83

One time where international football is helping him. It beats playing for the reserves that’s for sure!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I am happy he's away with the international team. He needs as many professional (playing against men) minutes as possible.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I believe we should develop him for the deeper role personally we already have enough young talent for offensive positions ,but only he has the the skill set to excel in midfield positions and that's the way we should mould him for future .
I would love to see that happen but i'm not sure Rangnick would play him in a deeper role in a 4222, because it seems like he likes his deeper two to be high energy players and likes his more technically gifted players to play further forward.

But what Hannibal could provide Rangnick potentially is the option of trying out different formations, where Hannibal could be utilised in a midfield role in a 442 diamond or 4312. Similar to how Rangnick did at Leipzig with Diego Demme as the DM flanked by Konrad Laimer and Kevin Kampl/Haidara.

Last edited:

Highfather_24

Amad Diallo will fit like a glove in that right sided #10 role. Mjebri can do the same on the left, when Bruno/VdB are not playing.

Blood Mage

Our squad is too big to give him minutes right now, he's behind too many players in the pecking order. He should go out on loan.

Glorio

This - I think he's tailor made for that role - his ability to dribble, be direct when he wants to, his short and long passing prowess, his touch, energy in offence and defence, with the security of 2 sixes behind him too. On paper, he seems absolutely perfect for the role.

To this point, I see your POV as it might be a more likely route to the first team, and he looks like he could develop into a more than decent number 6, but I reckon it would be a massive waste of his natural strengths. I believe he could be a world beater as an 8 or even better still, as one of two number 10s. As I write this, his unreal combination plays with Amad in the few reserve games they played together come to mind.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I would love to see that happen but i'm not sure Rangnick would play him in a deeper role in a 4222, because it seems like he likes his deeper two to be high energy players and likes his more technically gifted players to play further forward.

But what Hannibal could provide Rangnick potentially is the option of trying out different formations, where Hannibal could be utilised in a midfield role in a 442 diamond or 4312. Similar to how Rangnick did at Leipzig with Diego Demme as the DM flanked by Konrad Laimer and Kevin Kampl/Haidara.
Since when should deeper players not be technically developed? Hannibal showed enough workrate to feature there, he's got high energy to play especially for Rangnick there, far from a traditional no6 ina rigid system under Ole but definitely deeper in more compact high energy team in a progressive system full of pressing. He definitely showed he's got the grit to win the ball and release the ball very quickly if asked. He would be my hidden gem for the summer and replacement for Matic who is on his last legs the last 2 seasons already.

gajender

This - I think he's tailor made for that role - his ability to dribble, be direct when he wants to, his short and long passing prowess, his touch, energy in offence and defence, with the security of 2 sixes behind him too. On paper, he seems absolutely perfect for the role.

To this point, I see your POV as it might be a more likely route to the first team, and he looks like he could develop into a more than decent number 6, but I reckon it would be a massive waste of his natural strengths. I believe he could be a world beater as an 8 or even better still, as one of two number 10s. As I write this, his unreal combination plays with Amad in the few reserve games they played together come to mind.
You misunderstood my point or maybe I wasn't clear I want him to be developed as playmaking no 8 who should comfortable in midfield two with natural no 6 as well as in midfield 3 because he has the skill set to succeed there unlike our other attacking options .

Bestietom

Will be hard for him to get into the side when he comes back from AFCON.
Hope we will have added another 2 players to our squad by then. Still love to see him at least get a chance.

Bestietom

Since when should deeper players not be technically developed? Hannibal showed enough workrate to feature there, he's got high energy to play especially for Rangnick there, far from a traditional no6 ina rigid system under Ole but definitely deeper in more compact high energy team in a progressive system full of pressing. He definitely showed he's got the grit to win the ball and release the ball very quickly if asked. He would be my hidden gem for the summer and replacement for Matic who is on his last legs the last 2 seasons already.
Hope you are right, and he gets chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.