Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

pacifictheme

I have to admire the young man as he has more than likely forfeited any chance of playing in a major international competition to play for his true national team,
I dip my lid to the kid.
I dunno Tunisia have been to a world cup in my lifetime.

Red Royal

I have to admire the young man as he has more than likely forfeited any chance of playing in a major international competition to play for his true national team,
I dip my lid to the kid.
This is what International football should be though. Representing the country you love rather than choosing an option you believe gives most chance of success for you.

Well done Hanibal, though the unveiling is a bit over the top.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
"Next up, we've got a talented young man who played well for 10 minutes in a dead-rubber game against Wolverhampton Wanderers. A player so good that he nutmegged Willy Boly. The one, the only... Hannibaaaaaal Mejbriiiiii"

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Mejbri interview with French media outlet RMC, regarding his decision to opt for Tunisia.

0le

Weird comment from Mejbri. He has not even broke through in our first team and he is talking about how his choice of Tunisia will be significant for a whole continent?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Weird comment from Mejbri. He has not even broke through in our first team and he is talking about how his choice of Tunisia will be significant for a whole continent?
The more I hear him speak, the more worried I get for him.

Glorio

:lol:
To be fair, he's highly rated at this point, nothing more, so in that context, it is significant in terms of highly rated African youngsters choosing to opt for their national countries over international big hitters.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
The more I hear him speak, the more worried I get for him.
Why? He opted for Tunisia when he could have easily went for France ( France wanted him to opt for them). He answered the questions quite well in my opinion.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He was asked a question and replied. Content below.

RMC: Could your decision have an impact on other dual nationality youngsters?

Hannibal: It is a significant decision that will influence a lot of youngsters I think. It is good to be a source of inspiration and I hope to be able to influence them onto the right path. There are lots of youngsters of other nationalities that could return to the country of their parents, return to their origins. I think that it is very significant for Africa.

izec

It is a bit over the top everything, but ultimately, working hard is the only way to the top. If he takes motivation from this, all good.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If he becomes half as good as his namesake he will make it good.
That's gonna be very difficult, but I'm confident he can replicate his namesake Hannibal Barca, who became the nightmare of the Roman Empire, by Hannibal Mejbri becoming the nightmare of Liverpool and Man City.

Last edited:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Why? He opted for Tunisia when he could have easily went for France ( France wanted him to opt for them). He answered the questions quite well in my opinion.
It's not really his comments, it's that ridiculous presentation along with his comments, because he's a relative nobody still, there's been plenty of talented players who have represented their country of origin and didn't speak about how it will influence a generation or how important of a decision it is for the African continent when he's had 10 minutes of professional football. Just seems a bit silly when you put the last couple of days together but he's young and hopefully learns. I'm happy for him that he's choosing his heart over the 'easy' success, but get on with it.

Dve

I don´t read it like that. He says inspiring teenagers is significant, not that he´s going to do all the job himself. And by the way, if you are Tunisian, and have played for Manchester United, you are a star.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don´t read it like that. He says inspiring teenagers is significant, not that he´s going to do all the job himself. And by the way, if you are Tunisian, and have played for Manchester United, you are a star.
Exactly.

The kid has said nothing wrong as far as I'm concerned. His Father has always kept him away from the lime light according to reports. But this unveiling was a very happy moment for the Mejbri household, including the Tunisian FA.

Hopefully he makes his full debut on Saturday against DR Congo.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
With all this expectations on the kid now, I worry that he personally may not have the patience of a Mason now in terms of integration into the 1st team. Ole will drip drip him in if he is on his current trajectory as with mason.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
It's not really his comments, it's that ridiculous presentation along with his comments, because he's a relative nobody still, there's been plenty of talented players who have represented their country of origin and didn't speak about how it will influence a generation or how important of a decision it is for the African continent when he's had 10 minutes of professional football. Just seems a bit silly when you put the last couple of days together but he's young and hopefully learns. I'm happy for him that he's choosing his heart over the 'easy' success, but get on with it.
It’s either good or bad. Young player who over hyped himself and was over confident could either turn out to be a Januzaj or a Ronaldo. It’s all about the players mentality, he could either think he has already made it which might then slow down his own progress, or he could keep aiming high striving for the best and keep improving as better player.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It’s either good or bad. Young player who over hyped himself and was over confident could either turn out to be a Januzaj or a Ronaldo. It’s all about the players mentality, he could either think he has already made it which might then slow down his own progress, or he could keep aiming high striving for the best and keep improving as better player.
The reality is that there are more failed over-hyped / too much, too soon kids than there are there Ronaldos. Ole will have his work cut out going forward.

pacifictheme

They qualified in 1998, 2002 ,2006 and 2018.

So unless you’re 2 years old yes they have
Don't tell anyone but I am 2.

I honestly couldn't remember beyond 98 when they played England and Scholes scored a great goal.

Dve

Tunisia are playing DR Congo Saturday night and it will be interesting to see if Hannibal gets his first start for last year´s Africa Cup semi-finalist. If so, I hope there is way to watch the game.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Tunisia are playing DR Congo Saturday night and it will be interesting to see if Hannibal gets his first start for last year´s Africa Cup semi-finalist. If so, I hope there is way to watch the game.
Start? Did you see the introduction they did? I'd be surprised if he's not manager/captain.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Tunisia become my African team. Happy with that. I’d definitely like to go visit at some point.

I can’t wait to see him at this kind of level. I think he’s ready for it. When he gets back I’m just not so sure how much Ole is going to use him. If it’s something like Donny that would be a waste of a season in my opinion. He’s ready for men’s football somewhere, he looks a confident lad who can handle a tackle and get around the pitch. Problem is I can totally see Ole starting Bruno and Rashy against the likes of MK dons away in the 3rd round of the CC because they say they want to play and to bang the stats and Ole will say sure thing. It’s up to him to make those opportunities in the first team. He needs to keep the best lineup fresh and the fringe players on their toes and useful. Hannibal should allow him to do this in a few positions at least.

Dve

Tunisia become my African team. Happy with that. I’d definitely like to go visit at some point.

I can’t wait to see him at this kind of level. I think he’s ready for it. When he gets back I’m just not so sure how much Ole is going to use him. If it’s something like Donny that would be a waste of a season in my opinion. He’s ready for men’s football somewhere, he looks a confident lad who can handle a tackle and get around the pitch. Problem is I can totally see Ole starting Bruno and Rashy against the likes of MK dons away in the 3rd round of the CC because they say they want to play and to bang the stats and Ole will say sure thing. It’s up to him to make those opportunities in the first team. He needs to keep the best lineup fresh and the fringe players on their toes and useful. Hannibal should allow him to do this in a few positions at least.
Well, Ole can´t live on Greenwood for ever, and it´s time to bring up another one from the academy. Hannibal is 18 1/2 and if he spends the summer at the gym (like Greenwood did last spring), that could be all it takes to make him a PL player. In his cameo against Wolves, it didn´t look like he´d been planning on being shy at all, just the way Ole likes it. Donny´s anti-thesis, you could say.