Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Well, Ole can´t live on Greenwood for ever, and it´s time to bring up another one from the academy. Hannibal is 18 1/2 and if he spends the summer at the gym (like Greenwood did last spring), that could be all it takes to make him a PL player. In his cameo against Wolves, it didn´t look like he´d been planning on being shy at all, just the way Ole likes it. Donny´s anti-thesis, you could say.
that the hope. I feel like his aggression and confidence is going to stand him in good stead in the mans game. He’s technically excellent but that’s only half the battle. Is ole going to eventually trust him to start games and over who? I think he’s still a bit lightweight to be an 8 but he could do well on the left or coming on for Bruno.

Dve

that the hope. I feel like his aggression and confidence is going to stand him in good stead in the mans game. He’s technically excellent but that’s only half the battle. Is ole going to eventually trust him to start games and over who? I think he’s still a bit lightweight to be an 8 but he could do well on the left or coming on for Bruno.
Obviously, he won´t start PL matches anytime soon, but if he does well in preseason, maybe he´ll get to play in the first cup match. Then it´s up to him to take his chances and climb the ranks. If we sign a new DM, e.g Rice, there would be less starts for the likes of Fred, Donny and McTominay, so Ole also needs to manage the squad.

From the youth matches I´ve watched, I like Hannibal best in a deeper position, both for his passing range and his ability to run with the ball. A bit like Pogba, but as you said, with aggression. Off to the gym now, Hannis!

Bondi77

That's gonna be very difficult, but I'm confident he can replicate his namesake Hannibal Barca, who became the nightmare of the Roman Empire, by Hannibal Mejbri becoming the nightmare of Liverpool and Man City.

He will be riding the elephant while the rest of the squad turn up in the team bus at Anfield.

maximus419

No doubt Marcus having a fantastic influence on him to show he can make a real difference. Love to see more of this from younger players.
I have to completely disagree. This is a player who's barely played any first team football and yet talking and behaving like a seasoned pro who's already established himself as a world leading player wanting to leave a legacy after they've finished playing.

At least rashford waited until he'd made it for club and country before getting involved in these so called 'projects'.

I'm always wary of big egos with sportsmen at a very young age, sadly I think this player is setting themselves up for a massive fall.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Honestly think being “lightweight” is overrated these days. As long as you aren’t Gomes size, if you’re up to par technically/mentally you can play in any midfield imo. Now if he was a pure destroyer then obviously that’s another discussion

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I have to completely disagree. This is a player who's barely played any first team football and yet talking and behaving like a seasoned pro who's already established himself as a world leading player wanting to leave a legacy after they've finished playing.

At least rashford waited until he'd made it for club and country before getting involved in these so called 'projects'.

I'm always wary of big egos with sportsmen at a very young age, sadly I think this player is setting themselves up for a massive fall.
Just on a human level, these people shouldn't be waiting to have made.some artificial standard of having "made it" who is the gatekeeper for that before he feels.like he can start expressing himself and something he feels is important?

I love to see this from a youngster, shows a freedom of though and mentality that is missing from so many who have the talent but lack a certain drive from within to truly kick on.

I see a lot of Ronaldo in him based on his resilience since coming to England. Feel like he may surprise a few next year.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Just on a human level, these people shouldn't be waiting to have made.some artificial standard of having "made it" who is the gatekeeper for that before he feels.like he can start expressing himself and something he feels is important?

I love to see this from a youngster, shows a freedom of though and mentality that is missing from so many who have the talent but lack a certain drive from within to truly kick on.

I see a lot of Ronaldo in him based on his resilience since coming to England. Feel like he may surprise a few next year.
Good post, which I completely agree with. He was asked a question and he gave a answer, which was absolutely fine. It seems some people have perceptions on how a young player like Mejbri should conduct himself in certain situations and then proceed to pass judgment.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
People need to understand the cultural differences between countries as well. It's not an England, France or Brazil where top players are expected to be produced, for all of Tunisias respectable football results they don't really have( had) a star player.

Hannibal is the top prospect at the biggest club in the world and is very marketable. It's reasonable for the local media to fawn over him and it will be mentally and financially beneficial to Hannibal if he has the right people around him.

I was very happy with what I saw against wolves and I hope he features heavily in the league cup next year at least. I think about 500 minutes of first team football would be good for the upcoming season.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

So you're only allowed to be philanthropic or charitable until you've reached the peak of your career? Seems a stupid premise.

You should be able to express what's important to you at any age or stage in your career. If you want to judge him for that by all means, but says more about yourself than it does about his ego.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
They qualified in 1998, 2002 ,2006 and 2018.

So unless you’re 2 years old yes they have
They’ve also qualified for the AFCON every tournament since 1994. Won it in 2004.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Honestly think being “lightweight” is overrated these days. As long as you aren’t Gomes size, if you’re up to par technically/mentally you can play in any midfield imo. Now if he was a pure destroyer then obviously that’s another discussion
Fergie did it with fletcher and I’m fairly sure cleverly and a few others. He’d play them out wide or as an attacking mid for a while to get used to senior games. CM/DM in my book is the hardest position to play an effective expansive game and not cost the team goals or chances. If you’re not physically there you’ll get found out. Then again he played Smith in there too… I honestly don’t know anymore :lol:

diarm

Spot on.

jackal&hyde

That’s actually insane and amazing at the same time :lol:
Yeah it's cool.

Don't get the debate over his choice on the NT matter. It deservers neither criticism nor some exceptional level of respect. He feels connecter to that place and it's about what makes him happy and proud. Are the French bitter for losing a talent or something?

Yeah it's cool.

Don't get the debate over his choice on the NT matter. It deservers neither criticism nor some exceptional level of respect. He feels connecter to that place and it's about what makes him happy and proud. Are the French bitter for losing a talent or something?
I imagine France are a massive ‘net benefactor’ of players that could play for more than one country?

I have to say the unveiling is bizarre for a youth player, no matter the potential he has.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'll be watching this game so I hope he comes off the bench at some point.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Almost scored on the half volley with the ball whistling past the post. Tunisia looking much better with the introduction of Mejbri.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Only a friendly isn't it? So could stil end up playing for another country.

Swedish_Plumber

Never thought I’d be watching Tunisia bs Congo on a Saturday night! He seems eager to get on the ball, as he did against Wolves. Hope that eagerness to influence never goes away, he seems a real talent.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I love how commentator gets excited even if there is a simple backpass to Goalkeeper.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
They're treating him like Messi. Giving him pretty much every other ball. Don't think that's a good idea for such an average team.

Achilles McCool

Check out his unveiling for Tunisia...

Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous??
I know I’m old school (and old) but what the feck?
I’d be embarrassed if Messi or Ronaldo had a similar unveiling and they were guaranteed to be superstars!!! This is over-the-over-the-top! (and, yes, I meant to put 2 “overs” in that statement)

Adults sitting in an auditorium awaiting a teenager to appear? FFS!

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous??
I know I’m old school (and old) but what the feck?
I’d be embarrassed if Messi or Ronaldo had a similar unveiling and they were guaranteed to be superstars!!! This is over-the-over-the-top! (and, yes, I meant to put 2 “overs” in that statement)

Adults sitting in an auditorium awaiting a teenager to appear? FFS!
No, you have to contextualise it. For Tunisia, it's a big deal. This is what happens when you play for Manchester United. It means a whole lot more for them.

Achilles McCool

Just to clarify my position, I wish Mejbri all the best and can’t wait to see what he can do for United and internationally, but I don’t get the PR stunt (and I minored in Marketing in college)

Achilles McCool

No, you have to contextualise it. For Tunisia, it's a big deal. This is what happens when you play for Manchester United. It means a whole lot more for them.
Ok. Thank you for the response. I certainly agree that it’s a big deal for Tunisia.
But, in the early 90s, if Zidane had come out and said that he would represent Algeria instead of France, I can only imagine a table with some microphones and his parents sitting next to him as he makes the announcement. Maybe a jersey with his name on it to be held up for some photos