Harrison Parker

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Is Kumbwala still injured a lot? He was supposed to top class when he signed for you…

L1nk

Some of the responses in this thread :lol:

Mmm-Qatarian

Meh. The United fan inside me says feck him but my more rational side can't really blame him for taking the move if he feels like it's going to progress his career more, and to be honest looking at the way City's academy is performing right now I can see why he'd think that. (I'm not saying ours is bad by the way but the cheating feckers are doing a pretty bloody stellar job with theirs)

I'm also of the belief that 16 is just way too young to properly evaluate a centre back. There are obviously things you can look out for like technical fundamentals and positional sense but because the success of a centre back is so contingent on how well they operate within their defensive unit, it's much more difficult to look at a young defender and predict that they'll become a star than it is for an attacker.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Pep is gone next year so we will see the real city come out.

Tarrou

why do we need to reach an agreement with City?

we're not getting a signing fee surely? He's 16, he can probably just leave freely if he wants right?

lysglimt

Scout
This reaction here reminds me of the Black Adder 4 - winkle out the spies

Darling: So you see, Blackadder, Field Marshal Haig is most anxious to
eliminate all these German spies.

Melchett: Filthy Hun weasels fighting their dirty underhand war!

Darling: And, fortunately, one of *our* spies–

Melchett: Splendid fellows, brave heroes, risking life and limb for Blighty!

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

we're not getting a signing fee surely? He's 16, he can probably just leave freely if he wants right?
Yeah we’re getting a fee as he’s contracted to us. If we can’t reach an agreement, the fee will be set by a tribunal.

Wheato

How many decent academy center backs have we seen come and go down the years?

I can only recall Michael Keane who has stayed in the PL

acolyte

Bit over the top reaction on here. With a name like "Harrison Parker" he's only ever going to wind up at Leicester City anyway.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
How many decent academy center backs have we seen come and go down the years?

I can only recall Michael Keane who has stayed in the PL
Evans, Shawcross & Cathcart have done pretty well for themselves and played a good number of PL games in their careers.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Evans, Shawcross & Cathcart have done pretty well for themselves and played a good number of PL games in their careers.
Michael Keane too, even if he is a bit rubbish.

PS18

Nope. Same deal as when we took Charlie McNeill off them three years ago at the same age and paid reportedly £750k or so.

Mmm-Qatarian

I think this kind of demonstrates the point that the hype around really young centre back prospects is so often misplaced, and further that fans are often pretty terrible at judging who will come good. Of those four, only Evans was ever really of the required standard to play for United even though you are correct in saying that Keane, Shawcross and Cathcart have all had good careers.

Further to that point, I remember quite well that in 2014 (when Van Gaal took over) Tom Thorpe and Tyler Blackett were the two academy centre backs who the fanbase considered most likely to break into the side, and there was quite a bit of shock that Paddy McNair was the one who actually took to senior football the best. Obviously McNair was ultimately not good enough either, but he's gone on to have the best career of the three despite probably being the lowest rated of them in the academy.

I'm very sceptical when people rave about young centre back prospects. It's hard enough for professional analysts and scouts to identify them, so I don't think most fans have much hope.

Varun1

I think this kind of demonstrates the point that the hype around really young centre back prospects is so often misplaced, and further that fans are often pretty terrible at judging who will come good. Of those four, only Evans was ever really of the required standard to play for United even though you are correct in saying that Keane, Shawcross and Cathcart have all had good careers.

Further to that point, I remember quite well that in 2014 (when Van Gaal took over) Tom Thorpe and Tyler Blackett were the two academy centre backs who the fanbase considered most likely to break into the side, and there was quite a bit of shock that Paddy McNair was the one who actually took to senior football the best. Obviously McNair was ultimately not good enough either, but he's gone on to have the best career of the three despite probably being the lowest rated of them in the academy.

I'm very sceptical when people rave about young centre back prospects. It's hard enough for professional analysts and scouts to identify them, so I don't think most fans have much hope.
No one thought Blackett and McNair were good enough.

Last edited:

lysglimt

Scout

Sorry but if anyone thought Tyler Blackett was the most likely to break into the side, clearly few people had seen him play. I was shocked when he was given a chance at first-team level, because let's be honest here - he was an accident waiting to happen at lower levels.

Orion.

Seemed like a decent talent; those who’ve watched both regularly, how would you rate him compared to Fredricson? He’s somebody who I’ve been fairly impressed by in the few times I’ve seen him.

yamo123x

Leaving UTD will be a massive regret for Parker.

ETH has proven track record giving talented youngsters a chance, he sees potential and helps enhance that.

City have had some wonderful youngsters over the last few years but were never given a chance and have now gone on to better things, Nmecha, Lavia, Brahim Diaz, Maffeo...who knows what they will end up doing with Cole palmer, liam delap, Doyle and Mcatee. Only Foden and Lewis can boast game time and Lewis has not featured since midway through last season.

I guess the lad has made his mind up but should have trusted ETH and not gone for the money.

uchedamian83

I still wonder how parker to mancity happened. One of the best young CB at our academy. Or is it a revenge on us taking the Fletcher kids ?

Borninthe80ts

The fact is we don’t know how his career will go and the reason we are all salty, me included, is because he looked a good talent potentially.

Perspective though maybe, even if the parents are dictating, I’d only rather keep a player that wants stay. He may even come back like o Neil later on. Good luck and move on I say. Wonder who will take his stop, or a purchase is imminent.

iHicksy

He’ll leave them, then the mess of the sanctions will ensue hopefully
Is he nailed on to leave? I know a lot of players have clauses in their contracts relating to Pep being there. So when he goes the likes of KDB/Haaland etc will also go. Will be nice to see the corrupt PoS club fall from tainted grace.