Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
15 goals in 10 bundesliga games. He’s a joke :lol:
It's been reported by loads of journalists and media outlets as a new record, but he's tied with, of course, Gerd Müller. Lewandowski's best was 14 in the first 10, 16 in the first 11. Still excellent company to be in, and if he continues this form without major injuries, Lewandowski's recent 41 goals per season record is in great danger.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Moving to a farmers league and making a mockery out of it. Anyway enough about Haaland.

BDL - I’ll PM you my CashApp link.

tomaldinho1

I hope those that gave me pelters for saying he's better than Haaland feel a little bit silly.
I didn't realise this was an commonly held opinion, wasn't there a thread on Kane vs Haaland and Kane comfortably won because he's so much better all round? Also maybe Haaland will adapt his game by the time he's 30 and we can reassess.

troylocker

Great start to his Bayern career. Bayern is on course to score 130 goals in their 34 game season this year. 3,8 goals per game.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Great start to his Bayern career. Bayern is on course to score 130 goals in their 34 game season this year. 3,8 goals per game.
We have been on this course often, but very rarely reached 100 goals. In a sample of only 10, an outlier of 8-0 is pretty distorting.

JogaBonitoRooney

Harry will break goal scoring records but Leverkusen are still winning the league.

Bayern are due not winning the league and Harry is Spurs DNA. I can't see him winning a trophy.

Last edited:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
You haven't, you currently are on to a new record
Not to 130 maybe, but 100+ quite a few times. We'll not play 10 vs 9 against Darmstadt often, so i stand by my previous sentiment that even reaching 100 would still be special.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Not to 130 maybe, but 100+ quite a few times. We'll not play 10 vs 9 against Darmstadt often, so i stand by my previous sentiment that even reaching 100 would still be special.
Yes that's true. Nonetheless never before 38 goals have been scored in the first 10 matches in the Bundesliga.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I was happy when Bayern signed him since we desperately needed a quality central striker, and they are rare. Nevertheless I saw him mainly in the English team or the abysmal performances of Spurs vs Bayern, hence I thought of him rather as a playmaking striker, kind of false nine.

What I didn't expect from him is his absolut clinical finishing. I mean, the guy is simply lethal, he's scoring in 9 out of 10 chances. By far the best finisher I've watched in the past 30 years for Bayern. It's not always perfectly pretty, but hey, we can deal with that, we love our Thomas Müller. ;)
What's most impressive about him is I think he adapted his game (for the worse, imo) a lot in recent years at Spurs and England to start dropping deep and trying to influence general play. It seems like Bayern have remedied this point and got him doing what he is absolutely elite at -- hitting the ball extremely hard at the goal.

Todd

He has demonstrated pretty quickly that he is above the German league, just like Lewa was.

Hate to be that guy but world class players should really only be looking to play in England and Spain.

Winrar

Harry will break goal scoring records but Leverkusen are still winning the league.

Bayern are due not winning the league and Harry is Spurs DNA. I can't see him winning a trophy.
Even if Leverkusen wins it this season, they surely can't sustain that level for 4-5 more seasons as their best players and Xabi himself will most likely be poached.

ti vu

They have three CBs, three CMs, one RB in total and their two LBs havent played more than 2500 minutes or so in three years due to injuries. Kimmich already had to help out as a CB one game. Right now, they have one (!) sub for midfield and defense on the bench plus a 20 year old talent with 300 minutes as a professional or so.

They have to rush players back from injuries right now so let's how all of this turns out in the longer run.
Compared to their luxurious depth of yesteryears, it may look thin. However, when you look at team like Liverpool who mostly play the same starting XI for their two best seasons 18-19 and 19-20, it's not something when Bayern only have to focus on two competitions with less games than PL club would have to face in same situation. A short winter break is luxurious PL clubs ain't afforded. Bayern's versatile players could allow them to switch to back 5 using wingers like Coman as wingbacks. Kane can play supporting playmaker forward very well. Mazraoui played left back for Morocco NT.

Also they only have themselves to blame loaning Stanisic to Bayer Leverkusen, now the title rival, when they could use him for depth for RB.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Compared to their luxurious depth of yesteryears, it may look thin. However, when you look at team like Liverpool who mostly play the same starting XI for their two best seasons 18-19 and 19-20, it's not something when Bayern only have to focus on two competitions with less games than PL club would have to face in same situation. A short winter break is luxurious PL clubs ain't afforded. Bayern's versatile players could allow them to switch to back 5 using wingers like Coman as wingbacks. Kane can play supporting playmaker forward very well. Mazraoui played left back for Morocco NT.

Also they only have themselves to blame loaning Stanisic to Bayer Leverkusen, now the title rival, when they could use him for depth for RB.
I think their only player suited to a wingback role is Davies. And Kane being comfortable in a playmaker position doesn't really help as they have more than enough depth there anyway.

Liverpool or not, Bayern narrowly avoided having to field some players completely out of position against Dortmund by rushing Upamecano back from injury and we've only just entered November. Right now it is not unrealistic that they run out of players in some games or that they suffer exhaustion related injuries that will sideline players into the second part of the season.

They are still favorites but their squad planning has been very risk to say the least.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I think their only player suited to a wingback role is Davies. And Kane being comfortable in a playmaker position doesn't really help as they have more than enough depth there anyway.

Liverpool or not, Bayern narrowly avoided having to field some players completely out of position against Dortmund by rushing Upamecano back from injury and we've only just entered November. Right now it is not unrealistic that they run out of players in some games or that they suffer exhaustion related injuries that will sideline players into the second part of the season.

They are still favorites but their squad planning has been very risk to say the least.
Not only Upamecano but also Goretzka. Bayern need to be lucky with injuries to stay on track or this amazing start to the season could quickly turn bad. Arguably their cup exit was a first sign of this and is overshadowed by what they did to Dortmund, but that doesn't mean they'll keep thrashing teams.

MassVolto

Supports
Milan
Not only Upamecano but also Goretzka. Bayern need to be lucky with injuries to stay on track or this amazing start to the season could quickly turn bad. Arguably their cup exit was a first sign of this and is overshadowed by what they did to Dortmund, but that doesn't mean they'll keep thrashing teams.
FAR from it

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
FAR from it
You think it is not a good start to the season?

They won all their CL games and have 26 points after 10 league games with a goal differential of 38:7.
Granted, they made a freak exit in the Cup but that was a game that normally ends 5:0 for them. That game is not a benchmark for their season.

Abizzz

They won all their CL games and have 26 points after 10 league games with a goal differential of 38:7.
Granted, they made a freak exit in the Cup but that was a game that normally ends 5:0 for them. That game is not a benchmark for their season.
The weird thing is Bayern now either has to win the CL or this season will pretty much be remembered for losing against Saarbrücken.

Scarecrow

Having a week off

You get results but in terms of play you looked better under Nagelsmann imo. You don't have as much control in the games, especially in midfield. Sane and Kane being individually a level above everyone you've played so far has done a lot of heavy lifting in terms of the results you're getting.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
You get results but in terms of play you looked better under Nagelsmann imo. You don't have as much control in the games, especially in midfield. Sane and Kane being individually a level above everyone you've played so far has done a lot of heavy lifting in terms of the results you're getting.
I don't think so. There is defensive stability which was completely lacking in Nagelsmann's teams. It might look more boring but it is a nice change to Nagelsmann's yolo-approach.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He has demonstrated pretty quickly that he is above the German league, just like Lewa was.

Hate to be that guy but world class players should really only be looking to play in England and Spain.
From an English POV, I'm fine with it. He can have a stroll in Germany and remain fresher for England as a result! :D

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
From an English POV, I'm fine with it. He can have a stroll in Germany and remain fresher for England as a result! :D
Obviously the English league is harder than the Bundesliga, but I think that Spain is still living off of the Messi/Ronaldo memories. Their top teams don't look stronger than their German counterparts.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
I mean there are different opinions, but there are also false opinions, sorry.
You can like the way we played under Nagelsmann more, but saying we have less control now, is just wrong.
Its basically the biggest difference between Tuchel and Nagelsmann.

Nagelsmann favored a very high and very aggressive pressing. Sometimes we won the ball and scored from that. But often when the opponent managed to beat our pressing and play out from the back they immediately had a good counter attack.
The pressing under Tuchel is quite conservative and we focus on not exposing space and pass options rather than winning the ball through pressing.

There were also some wild games under Tuchel, like against Galatasaray, but look at the statistics regarding posession, pass success rate and especially the amount of counter attacks our opponents get and their is no way we have less control now.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
I don't think so. There is defensive stability which was completely lacking in Nagelsmann's teams. It might look more boring but it is a nice change to Nagelsmann's yolo-approach.
Thats a really good description. Watching the last two games of the german national team made me realize again how much i prefer Tuchel.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
If there is one thing I would say has improved from Nagelsmann, it is our control over the midfield and control in general. Don’t see how you arrived at this conclusion.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I mean there are different opinions, but there are also false opinions, sorry.
You can like the way we played under Nagelsmann more, but saying we have less control now, is just wrong.
Its basically the biggest difference between Tuchel and Nagelsmann.

Nagelsmann favored a very high and very aggressive pressing. Sometimes we won the ball and scored from that. But often when the opponent managed to beat our pressing and play out from the back they immediately had a good counter attack.
The pressing under Tuchel is quite conservative and we focus on not exposing space and pass options rather than winning the ball through pressing.

There were also some wild games under Tuchel, like against Galatasaray, but look at the statistics regarding posession, pass success rate and especially the amount of counter attacks our opponents get and their is no way we have less control now.
I haven't felt that the team was great from start to finish in any of the games I watched so far (didn't watch all, in fairness). I always feel that they'd let the opponent back in, despite being very dominant for stretches. The United game is a good example of this actually. It never felt like the game is over, despite the overwhelming difference in quality in the performances.

I'm reading the Bayern reddit page at times and that's the general feeling there, as well. At least prior to the Dortmund game.

I didn't phrase the Nagelsmann comment well - I do think you looked better then and I also think your midfield gets overrun now. Not necessarily linking the two. More like the latter is your main issue now (and the paper thin squad), whereas different things were sticking out to me last year (lack of focal point in attack; relying too much on transition).

Last edited:

Reij

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Kane in pole position to win the Golden Shoe for the next 2-3 seasons. Last season I think it was a breakthrough individually for him, sort of like Lewandowski 2 seasons under Flick and Benzema 2 seasons ago, all 3 gave or give in Kane's case the fans a feeling of inevitability, believing they'll score a goal at some point, only Messi and Ronaldo attainted such feats and Suarez once.

As for Tuchel, not impressive until now, but he doesn't have a defensive midfielder and the team needs time to get used to this style of his, but I'm gonna wait patiently, at least it's trying to change the suicide football from the last 3 seasons where we also got dumped out of UCL in the quarterfinals.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich

Did Haaland prove he was above the English league by smashing the scoring record in his very first season at age 22?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Did Haaland prove he was above the English league by smashing the scoring record in his very first season at age 22?
No. That just proved that City is so far above the PL that a donkey would score goals for them, because the PL is a boring one horse race.

Wait ...
Did I confuse something?
Which league was it again that's dominated by a super team and which one was the best in the world?
:devil: