Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Doracle

Back to Kane - obviously a smashing signing for Bayern based on what we’ve seen in half a season. However, is it fair to wait for a couple of seasons to laud the signing as an unmitigated success? I mean, Ronaldo was tearing it up for us in his 1st season back here and we all know how it turned out. Any chance at all that Kane may drop off the cliff after his first season there?
Obviously he could pick up a career threatening injury at any time but there’s no reason at all otherwise to expect him to drop off before 35, especially playing in Germany. It could happen but a player with no significant injury history, who has never relied on pace, is by all accounts a model professional and is no doubt hungry for the trophies that eluded him in his 20s is as low risk a signing at 29/30 as its possible to make.

The likelihood is that he will tear it up for Bayern for 2-3 seasons and then look to come back to England to take the goal scoring record. At that stage, I don’t want us to be involved in signing him.

RVN1991

Fair point, but Kane will never behave with Bayern the way Ronaldo did with us. We got rid of Ronaldo because of the circus that engulfed his every move. It's ridiculous to even type these words but the point must be underscored -- the Ronaldo of today is still a massive upgrade over the Martial or Hojlund of today. Even Joe Hugill!
Funny, I remember him looking extremely out of his depth against crap teams from Cyprus even, must've been dreaming.

lex talionis

Funny, I remember him looking extremely out of his depth against crap teams from Cyprus even, must've been dreaming.
I don't know about your dreaming habits, but the Ronaldo of today is still a massive upgrade on Martial and Hojlund. Ronald is in decline, but he hasn't reach Martialesque levels of indolence and incompetence just yet. But if you asked me to choose whether to bring in either Kane or Ronaldo right now it's not a hard call.

RVN1991

I don't know about your dreaming habits, but the Ronaldo of today is still a massive upgrade on Martial and Hojlund. Ronald is in decline, but he hasn't reach Martialesque levels of indolence and incompetence just yet. But if you asked me to choose whether to bring in either Kane or Ronaldo right now it's not a hard call.
Of course. Completely forgot that players in their late 30's tend to get better as they age.

lex talionis

Of course. Completely forgot that players in their late 30's tend to get better as they age.
Straw man alert. It is undeniable that Ronaldo is significantly older than Martial and in decline, but Ronaldo’s peak was vastly higher than Martial’s peak, and the state of Martial is incredibly poor, well below the level Ronaldo is at now.

As far as I know, Hojlund has scored exactly one goal on his PL career. Even at Ronaldo’s advanced age I’m pretty sure he would have managed more than one PL goal for United this season.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Grabs another. Not bad. Bayern were poor though. Hoffenheim could and maybe should've had at least a draw.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Grabs another. Not bad. Bayern were poor though. Hoffenheim could and maybe should've had at least a draw.
Hoffenheim had a good phase in the second half where they had 2.5 good chances but a Bayern win is deserved. Maybe one goal too high but they where clearly better.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Hoffenheim had a good phase in the second half where they had 2.5 good chances but a Bayern win is deserved. Maybe one goal too high but they where clearly better.
I felt Bayern knocked it about better and had more of the ball but weren't particularly dangerous with it. Thought in terms of chances Hoffenheim were good value for the draw up until the sending off.

Musiala looks a handful.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
22 goals now for Herr Harald Stock, and it's still not a new record but just equal to Lewandowski's. If Kane stays fit he has every chance to set a new goals per season record though, since Lewandowski only played 29 games in that 41 goals season.

tomaldinho1

22 goals now for Herr Harald Stock, and it's still not a new record but just equal to Lewandowski's. If Kane stays fit he has every chance to set a new goals per season record though, since Lewandowski only played 29 games in that 41 goals season.
Doesn’t he have another game to beat the halfway mark record set by Lewa? Not that anyone cares at the end of the season.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Doesn’t he have another game to beat the halfway mark record set by Lewa? Not that anyone cares at the end of the season.
He does. Bayern plays Union on January 24. It‘s the game that got cancelled because of snow.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
There's one more game in our half series, Lewandowski's first half 22 were in 16 games played as well.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

£4m well spent if it means keeping Harry happy.
Plot twist would be if Kane actually hates Dier and the latter is the one who wants emotional support

If Kane's form should drop I consider my theory proven.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Plot twist would be if Kane actually hates Dier and the latter is the one who wants emotional support

If Kane's form should drop I consider my theory proven.
Double twist - they signed Kane in the summer to convince Dier that Munich was the right move for him.

Sounds of the Aquarium

On the track, racehorses often have another horse with them before the race, known as a “companion pony”.
These companion ponies help racehorses stay as relaxed as possible and allow them to focus on the impending competition, rather than the rambunctious crowd.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Scored number 24 today. Had a quiet game overall, though.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Kane left the field injured last game, Any video of him training normally with the England squad?