Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
He has a massive claim to be the best English player since Charlton. Sounds like overkill but its true. If he hadn't wasted most of his years at Spurs, if he had taken that City move the year before they got Haaland, this guy's ability would be truly acknowledged. He is an incredible, bona fide world class talent and has been for almost 10 years now.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Honestly would be hilarious if Bayern failed to win the league this season given he basically went there for guaranteed trophies.

what a player, though.

RVN1991

He has a massive claim to be the best English player since Charlton. Sounds like overkill but its true. If he hadn't wasted most of his years at Spurs, if he had taken that City move the year before they got Haaland, this guy's ability would be truly acknowledged. He is an incredible, bona fide world class talent and has been for almost 10 years now.
I hate to admit it but he surpassed Rooney a few years ago for me, despite the gulf in trophies won.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I think they have an excellent chance with him in this form.
And despite that they are only second. Leverkusen today proved that they can replace their main striker without trouble, can Bayern if Kane needs a rest? The last time he had one they exited the cup.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
And despite that they are only second. Leverkusen today proved that they can replace their main striker without trouble, can Bayern if Kane needs a rest? The last time he had one they exited the cup.
It helps that there isn't as much football in the Germany in terms of both the cups and league. Kane is the type of player who doesn't need that much rest really and now with only the league and CL I wouldn't expect him to miss much, if any football (unless he's unfortunately injured).

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Heavily depends on Bayern winning the UCL. If they don't, regardless of what happens in the league, he won't win the Ballon D'Or.
Also depends on how England do in the Euro's. If they (gulp), win it, I could see Kane and Bellingham duking it out #1 and #2. Either that, or the English vote gets split among them Messi some how "wins" it again

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Also depends on how England do in the Euro's. If they (gulp), win it, I could see Kane and Bellingham duking it out #1 and #2. Either that, or the English vote gets split among them Messi some how "wins" it again
Oh yea there is that :nervous:

I think they have an excellent chance with him in this form.
He's been great, it's the others that haven't been. As good as he is I don't think he can single handedly win Bayern the trophy, other people need to really improve if they want to win the UCL.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Reckon he might win the Ballon d'Or.
I'm not so sure, guy seem a bit cursed, few years ago he was the best player in the league, but somehow didn't win POTY anyway.

Depends on UCL and Euros though, Bundesliga wont be enough.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
I'm not so sure, guy seem a bit cursed, few years ago he was the best player in the league, but somebow didn't win POTY anyway.

He was POTY last year and in 2021 IMO and didn't get either. What he did for Spurs last year was far more impressive than what Haaland did at City. feck the records, scoring 30 goals for a team who could barely win a game is far more impressive.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
He was POTY last year and in 2021 IMO and didn't get either. What he did for Spurs last year was far more impressive than what Haaland did at City. feck the records, scoring 30 goals for a team who could barely win a game is far more impressive.
Yeah, was a great individual season, but was hardy ever mentioned.

So, I have my doubts he will land above the likes of Bellingham and Mbappe for Ballon Dor, even if playing at their level.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Yeah, was a great individual season, but was hardy ever mentioned.

So, I have my doubts he will land above the likes of Bellingham and Mbappe for Ballon Dor, even if playing at their level.
It all rests on how far Bayern get in the CL. And there is a lot of dysfunction in this Bayern team and in Tuchel, and despite that Kane is still scoring like mad, so yeah it could just end up Bellingham's if Tuchel's Bayern combust (as they seem ready to do) and go out early in CL.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Still half of the season left. Balon d or predictions are way off the mark.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Nah, I admire kane but unless he pulls a Ronaldo in the world cup(the Brazilian one) or goes on to dominate Europe with bayern for the immediate future the resume is just not there compared to say a Rooney .
Heavily depends on Bayern winning the UCL. If they don't, regardless of what happens in the league, he won't win the Ballon D'Or.
Those two are gone so it might not be entirely dependent on a cl win if he puts up ridiculous goal numbers.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Nah, I admire kane but unless he pulls a Ronaldo in the world cup(the Brazilian one) or goes on to dominate Europe with bayern for the immediate future the resume is just not there compared to say a Rooney .

Those two are gone so it might not be entirely dependent on a cl win if he puts up ridiculous goal numbers.
I adore Rooney. He was my hero growing up. But for me there is no doubt Wayne Rooney is football's biggest what if. He could have been up there with the greatest of all time. Instead, he drank all his career, limited the ceiling of his talents, and still ended up all time England top scorer (scoring, lets be honest, against minnows all his career, never in the big games bar one Uruguay goal) and all time Utd top scorer.

For me, Kane had way less talent than Rooney but has more than maximised what he had, and in doing so has surpassed peak Rooney.

devaneios

Supports
São Paulo FC
For me, Kane had way less talent than Rooney but has more than maximised what he had, and in doing so has surpassed peak Rooney.
Kane has more technical skill and tactical intelligence than Rooney(no, I'm not saying the latter was poor at these things ffs). It's obviously debatable, but for me these things are much more relevant to measure "football talent" than any physical advantage Rooney had.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Well it depends on how you classify 'best' if you are going off trophies, what has he won? If football is not about winning things what is it about?

On the other hand if you are talking individual greatness then by every metric for a striker that exists Kane is world class, and stat wise up there with the very best to ever play, just played for a team well below his level for the majority of his career.

For the Rooney vs Kane debate it has to be Rooney, he is a CL winner on top of what? 5 times English champions trophy? Kane has won absolutely nothing of note. But if you are talking about who I would want leading my line as an out and out striker, Kane all day. Be interesting where he ends up in the all time debate once he hangs up his boots, still feel he has a few more years in him yet. Plenty of time to hoover up some trophies at Bayern.

LARulz

Kane has more technical skill and tactical intelligence than Rooney(no, I'm not saying the latter was poor at these things ffs). It's obviously debatable, but for me these things are much more relevant to measure "football talent" than any physical advantage Rooney had.
Tactically there may be a debate but technically no, Rooney was better

Kane is an absolute quality player and I am still fuming we didn't just blow most the budget on him than most of the wastes we have this summer but I don't think technically he is better than Rooney.

Also Kane to me is very much a player who worked fecking hard to get where he is and it paid off, Rooney from the age of 15 was hyped, hardly anybody knew Kane existed till 22 and before that wasn't lighting up anything

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He's been great, it's the others that haven't been. As good as he is I don't think he can single handedly win Bayern the trophy, other people need to really improve if they want to win the UCL.
I'm not so sure, guy seem a bit cursed, few years ago he was the best player in the league, but somehow didn't win POTY anyway.

I just feel like it's lined up for him. An Englishman playing for Bayern leading England to the Euros in Germany...whilst winning the CL and Bundesliga.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
To think we really wanted Kane, Bellingham, Haaland…

All will be fighting it out for the next Balon D’or. While the players we did manage to sign turned out like Antony.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I just feel like it's lined up for him. An Englishman playing for Bayern leading England to the Euros in Germany...whilst winning the CL and Bundesliga.
I know for Germans the English rivalry isn't that big, but that is still blasphemous.

He should get the Maradona Italia 90 treatment when they play in Munich :lol: But knowing Germans they'll be too nice to him and actually cheer him.

Righteous Steps

Well it depends on how you classify 'best' if you are going off trophies, what has he won? If football is not about winning things what is it about?

On the other hand if you are talking individual greatness then by every metric for a striker that exists Kane is world class, and stat wise up there with the very best to ever play, just played for a team well below his level for the majority of his career.

For the Rooney vs Kane debate it has to be Rooney, he is a CL winner on top of what? 5 times English champions trophy? Kane has won absolutely nothing of note. But if you are talking about who I would want leading my line as an out and out striker, Kane all day. Be interesting where he ends up in the all time debate once he hangs up his boots, still feel he has a few more years in him yet. Plenty of time to hoover up some trophies at Bayern.
When judging individual players you should focus solely on their performances not what there teams won, saying that not sure if Kane is best English player since Charlton but he’s pretty close

Abizzz

I know for Germans the English rivalry isn't that big, but that is still blasphemous.

He should get the Maradona Italia 90 treatment when they play in Munich :lol: But knowing Germans they'll be too nice to him and actually cheer him.
Most Germans I know are so fed up with DFB(and DFL, Uefa/Fifa) that they wouldn't mind. Austria/Netherlands winning it in Germany would be a problem though :lol:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Most Germans I know are so fed up with DFB(and DFL, Uefa/Fifa) that they wouldn't mind. Austria/Netherlands winning it in Germany would be a problem though :lol:
Would it really? I don't care about Austria and I actually like the Dutch. But that might just be because I am so often there...

Abizzz

Would it really? I don't care about Austria and I actually like the Dutch. But that might just be because I am so often there...
Might depend where the German one asks lives. But generally I don't hear them talking about the English team at all (not that I've overheard long discussions about the Austrians either). Generally Bellingham, Kane, Sancho have been / are good ambassadors for the three lions though, I guess their respective former clubs fans wouldn't mind it all.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Truly a shame he waited so long before moving to another club and his trophy cabinet will never match his talent. But better late than never.

devaneios

Supports
São Paulo FC

Kane is an absolute quality player and I am still fuming we didn't just blow most the budget on him than most of the wastes we have this summer but I don't think technically he is better than Rooney.

Also Kane to me is very much a player who worked fecking hard to get where he is and it paid off, Rooney from the age of 15 was hyped, hardly anybody knew Kane existed till 22 and before that wasn't lighting up anything
Well, considering technique as everything that involves touching or hitting the ball, I can't see how Rooney is better than Kane. The latter has a better shot, better passing skills, better touch and better ball manipulation in tight spaces. Rooney was better at ball carrying, but it's more related to him having more pace and agility(his touches when moving with ball were frequently sloppy and compensated with sheer power).

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

I think they're quite close technically and it's an either or situation. I think what Rooney had that Kane never has is that excitement and feeling attached to him as a player. It's quite fitting that he's at Bayern because he fits the stereotype which is hurled at German players of being an efficient player, a bit boring sometimes but world class.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Imagine how few goals he'd have scored had he joined us!
I've always said, the litmus test for the great legendary strikers is to come to Chelsea and see if they can score 20-25 goals per season in our team. I said it about Lewandowski in his prime, Kane and Haaland.

Until any of them bother trying this, Diego Costa is better than them all.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I've always said, the litmus test for the great legendary strikers is to come to Chelsea and see if they can score 20-25 goals per season in our team. I said it about Lewandowski in his prime, Kane and Haaland.

Until any of them bother trying this, Diego Costa is better than them all.
So now we have 'Can he do it on multiple cold windy nights at Stanford Bridge'? :lol: