Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Bowlcut11

Saw this thread pop to the top of the news feed and knew it would be full of people lamenting his success and what could have been

At the end of the day, even if he had come here I don't think it would have resolved our issues this season. If anything, I could imagine him getting injured due to our bizarre injury issues this year and having played very few games and everyone here calling him a waste of money!

Hypotheticals aside, it's good to see him performing well abroad and getting the plaudits/proving the doubters wrong.

Good player who would have been a prime Fergie signing but just don't think it was ever realistic this summer.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
So now we have 'Can he do it on multiple cold windy nights at Stanford Bridge'? :lol:
Yes, correct. Banging them for fun in free flowing Bayern and City teams is easy if you're a good striker. If you can do the same at Chelsea, where so many others have failed, makes you truly great and you automatically go on WeePat's GOAT list, which let's be honest, is more prestigious than the rigged Ballon d'Or and PFA awards :wenger: :D

Mike Smalling

Yes, correct. Banging them for fun in free flowing Bayern and City teams is easy if you're a good striker. If you can do the same at Chelsea, where so many others have failed, makes you truly great and you automatically go on WeePat's GOAT list, which let's be honest, is more prestigious than the rigged Ballon d'Or and PFA awards :wenger: :D
How about averaging 30 goals a season for Spurs over nine years, in a team that finished everywhere between 2nd and 8th in the league?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
How about averaging 30 goals a season for Spurs over nine years, in a team that finished everywhere between 2nd and 8th in the league?
They had Defoe, Berbatov, Keane, Adebayor all varying degrees of good before Kane emerged. Even someone like Pavlyuchenko produced reasonably well for them. They're not known for being the graveyard for strikers. Chelsea are and that was my (facetious) point.

RuudTom83

Glad he is doing so well, you could argue the quality each week is a slight step down from the Premier League but he still has to go out there and produce!

Credit to him, he has made it look very easy.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Even if that happens, if Bellingham should carry that England team and do more in the CL, he has a better chance than Kane.
What I have seen over the years, the G column generally trumps everything else. With the numbers Kane is putting up, and if England win the Euros (which I think they'll), he would win it by a margin.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
What I have seen over the years, the G column generally trumps everything else. With the numbers Kane is putting up, and if England win the Euros (which I think they'll), he would win it by a margin.
Bellingham could end up as CL topscorer

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Kane has more technical skill and tactical intelligence than Rooney(no, I'm not saying the latter was poor at these things ffs). It's obviously debatable, but for me these things are much more relevant to measure "football talent" than any physical advantage Rooney had.
To be fair, physical gifts are very important in football, especially as a forward.

Technical and tactical/mental attributes are more important overall, but to be truly elite, you do need physical advantages as well.
Heck, Messi, a guy mostly known for his technical excellence, was an acceleration-freak, with excellent balance and agility.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I've always said, the litmus test for the great legendary strikers is to come to Chelsea and see if they can score 20-25 goals per season in our team. I said it about Lewandowski in his prime, Kane and Haaland.

Until any of them bother trying this, Diego Costa is better than them all.
You have a point. Somehow you managed to ruin Shevchenko ffs. Crespo needed 5 months at Milan to get out of whatever curse you laid on him

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
Kane: Wait, we have no games for three and a half weeks over Christmas and New Year’s?

GueRed

Let's be honest if he wasn't English he'd be rated much higher on here down the years.

If we were a serious club or if Fergie was still in charge we would have gone in for him ages ago when he proved he wasn't a one season wonder.

Instead we have been fannying about with Ibrahimovic and Lukaku then flop Sanchez.

Devil81

I'd say Dier was signed with Harry in mind, maybe he's shown signs of struggling to settle in over in Germany.

mjstokes85

Let's be honest if he wasn't English he'd be rated much higher on here down the years.

If we were a serious club or if Fergie was still in charge we would have gone in for him ages ago when he proved he wasn't a one season wonder.

Instead we have been fannying about with Ibrahimovic and Lukaku then flop Sanchez.
100% Fergie always had that instinct to get the best English (British and Irish also) talent at the time while he could, Roy Keane, Denis Irwin, Paul Ince, Andy Cole, Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand, Michael Carrick, Owen Hargreaves, Alan Smith, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Ashley Young (attempted Gascoigne and Shearer). Getting that core of top British and Irish players was always key, and I have no doubt Kane would have been here in around 2014/15 if Fergie was still in charge.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I'd say Dier was signed with Harry in mind, maybe he's shown signs of struggling to settle in over in Germany.
I don’t think so. We just desperately need more depth at cb and other options have not worked out. Tuchel knows him from his time in England, he’s cheap and experienced. For a cb number 4 that’s a solid package. The Kane thing is just another small plus.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Wow, why on Earth would they want Dier?

4th choice, will he even play? Three arguably world class defenders in front of him.

Dier is ok with a low block defending his box, not so much playing out from the back under an aggressive press and standing on the halfway line and having to recover and chase down fast players. Which is what Postecoglu wants from his CB's.

GMoore23

Got to be the case as he's one of the lowest IQ footballers I've ever seen. Nowhere near Bayern standard even as a backup.

Blackwidow

4th choice, will he even play? Three arguably world class defenders in front of him.

Dier is ok with a low block defending his box, not so much playing out from the back under an aggressive press and standing on the halfway line and having to recover and chase down fast players. Which is what Postecoglu wants from his CB's.
With Tuchel we play less often with that ultra high line - and we still have Neuer behind that.

Will he play? We had Goretzka and Mazraoui playing in central defense sometimes in the recent weeks prior to the break. De Ligt is injury prone and Kim might play the Asian cup until the final.

Doracle

Good signing for Bayern as 4th choice. He won’t need to do much actual defending there and his passing is strong. Worst case is they will re-sell him to a premier league team for more than £3.5m next summer if it doesn’t work out. It’s the type of smart “no lose” signing which Bayern seem to be excellent at.

December_16

Back to Kane - obviously a smashing signing for Bayern based on what we’ve seen in half a season. However, is it fair to wait for a couple of seasons to laud the signing as an unmitigated success? I mean, Ronaldo was tearing it up for us in his 1st season back here and we all know how it turned out. Any chance at all that Kane may drop off the cliff after his first season there?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I don’t think so. We just desperately need more depth at cb and other options have not worked out. Tuchel knows him from his time in England, he’s cheap and experienced. For a cb number 4 that’s a solid package. The Kane thing is just another small plus.
Shouldn't forget he can also play as a 6, which is where I think he played best.

Blackwidow

Shouldn't forget he can also play as a 6, which is where I think he played best.
I actually can see Tuchel using him very often to save small leads with an offensive getting substituted for him. We used to have Tymo and Gustavo and later Martinez with coaches where he did not start to do that.

lex talionis

Back to Kane - obviously a smashing signing for Bayern based on what we’ve seen in half a season. However, is it fair to wait for a couple of seasons to laud the signing as an unmitigated success? I mean, Ronaldo was tearing it up for us in his 1st season back here and we all know how it turned out. Any chance at all that Kane may drop off the cliff after his first season there?
Fair point, but Kane will never behave with Bayern the way Ronaldo did with us. We got rid of Ronaldo because of the circus that engulfed his every move. It's ridiculous to even type these words but the point must be underscored -- the Ronaldo of today is still a massive upgrade over the Martial or Hojlund of today. Even Joe Hugill!