Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Blackwidow

It says more about their league than them as a team. Bayern are world class but the level of top sides apart from City isn’t exactly high right now.

Kane is doing great but we are in a bit of a lull for quality teams if you ask me. Part of the reason is giants like Juventus, Barcelona and us been rubbish. Liverpool also have slowed down.

Any of those sides back in the day would have given Bayern an equal match.

It hurts the sport badly seeing United and Barcelona for example not really doing that well in Europe especially because of ownership problems.

Barcelona and United are arguably being more glamour than Bayern do but it’s all self inflicted sadly.
It feels like there is a real big divide between top and middle or bottom in the bundesliga this year. Look at Leverkusen and Stuttgart.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bayern won't win the CL. And the Ballon D'Or will take into account the Euros, which Kane will probably fail in again, when it counts.
I give you City but Bayern would be favorite against all other teams.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I mean anything can happen in a tournament too.
Oh definitely, but that poster simply stated „Bayern won’t win the CL.“ as if they were some random second division club. They are second to only City to win it.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
I mean anything can happen in a tournament too.
Exactly. I mean it's not the strongest collection of CL teams that we have at the moment, but any number of them could knock Bayern out over 2 legs. Especially if Kane doesn't show up in big moments, which is something of a habit of his.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Oh definitely, but that poster simply stated „Bayern won’t win the CL.“ as if they were some random second division club. They are second to only City to win it.
The CL doesn't work that way. Just ask Man City.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Bayern won't win the CL. And the Ballon D'Or will take into account the Euros, which Kane will probably fail in again, when it counts.
I think England is strong favorite in Euro too. Kane will probably end up top goalscorer of the tournament.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Not sure what the relevance of this is?
Kane has 4 goals and 2 assists in this CL group which sees the current 6th of the PL being last. Comparing league strength by performances of individual players is always difficult because there are a lot more factors than just which league a player plays in, so the CL group indicates that Kane's amazing run isn't just because of the strength (or weakness) of the BL but simply because he is an excellent striker who gets excellent service at the moment.

crossy1686

career ending
Aren't you behind Copenhagen and Galatasaray in the CL group?
We're having our worst start to the league in about 60 years, safe to say, it's not going well for us, but that doesn't mean the German league isn't shite.

Maybe if our league was as weak as the German league we'd still finish 2nd despite this fact.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Kane has 4 goals and 2 assists in this CL group which sees the current 6th of the PL being last. Comparing league strength by performances of individual players is always difficult because there are a lot more factors than just which league a player plays in, so the CL group indicates that Kane's amazing run isn't just because of the strength (or weakness) of the BL but simply because he is an excellent striker who gets excellent service at the moment.
Its the 6th place team in the PL thats last not the champions.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
kane is the perfect blend of experience, talent and desire, playing in the best 11 he’s played in during his career, no wonder he’s smashing all in his path.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
We're having our worst start to the league in about 60 years, safe to say, it's not going well for us, but that doesn't mean the German league isn't shite.

Maybe if our league was as weak as the German league we'd still finish 2nd despite this fact.
It's weaker than the PL for sure, but that doesn't mean that it's shite. So far in Europe the PL has to catch up to the BL: https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method5/ccoef2024.html (I expect they will, but still this is not the performace of a league that's shite what we see so far from the German clubs)

crossy1686

career ending
It's weaker than the PL for sure, but that doesn't mean that it's shite. So far in Europe the PL has to catch up to the BL: https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method5/ccoef2024.html (I expect they will, but still this is not the performace of a league that's shite what we see so far from the German clubs)
You're using the coefficients from 5 games played in European competitions to prove the strength of a league? Why not look at the last 5 years as a whole (https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method5/crank2024.html) to see that Germany is very far behind the likes of England and Spain, and they're only holding 4th place because Bayern do a lot of heavy lifting for the entire league.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Bayern fans correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Bayern team not even that good/functional yet compared to previous years? We will see how they fare in business end of CL but I thought Tuchel had been struggling pre Kane. Maybe all is rosy now they have him.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

We wouldn’t. We are comfortably worse than Bayern, Leverkusen, Dortmund and Leipzig and would struggle against Stuttgart. We would be 5th or 6th best team in Bundesliga as well.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
You're using the coefficients from 5 games played in European competitions to prove the strength of a league? Why not look at the last 5 years as a whole (https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method5/crank2024.html) to see that Germany is very far behind the likes of England and Spain, and they're only holding 4th place because Bayern do a lot of heavy lifting for the entire league.
Should have added more context probably... We currently have the strongest first half and weakest second half of the league ever (after these matches). Meaning the BL has quite a few of currently strong teams (which is also proven by the European results of these teams) and several teams that are truly horrible. The better BL teams currently are not much worse - if at all - than their PL equivalents, but if we look at the rest of the teams there definitely is a huge difference which is the whole reason why there is a gap in quality between the leagues at the moment.

And I did use only this seasons stats because this is the Harry Kane thread so only this season is relevant for his performances. He didn't play in the BL five years ago, he does now.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
kane is the perfect blend of experience, talent and desire, playing in the best 11 he’s played in during his career, no wonder he’s smashing all in his path.
A bit different having the world class Bayern squad around him rather than the clowns in the Spurs team.

Abizzz

People talk like it's easier to score in Germany when in reality you get 4 extra games to score a season in England!

Hammondo

They do now, but Kane scoring 30 last season in the league for that disaster of a Spurs team is probably the greatest scoring feat in the history of the league. Though I think Kevin Phillips got 30 for Sunderland so maybe not!
I'm always skeptical of this way of thinking, too often do teams do better or score more without their star goal scorer.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
I'm always skeptical of this way of thinking, too often do teams do better or score more without their star goal scorer.
I can't really think of many examples of that. Liverpool fell to pieces without Suarez. Chelsea were shit for a few years after Costa. Maybe City post Aguero, but its City under Pep they're going to win no matter what. Spurs are doing alright now but lets see where they are at the end of the season. I suppose Arsenal did better after Aubameyang but I think a peak Aubameyang still walks into their current team which has everything except a striker.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
We wouldn’t. We are comfortably worse than Bayern, Leverkusen, Dortmund and Leipzig and would struggle against Stuttgart. We would be 5th or 6th best team in Bundesliga as well.
This cannot be since the BL is turd and Bayern gets all their players for free from their domestic "competitors".