Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Strelok

Bayern will need to be in the £100m range and even then he might just say nah.
Really hope that bold cnut would think the same.

Imo if Spurs ask anything more than £80m Bayern gonna walk. Unless they see him as their missing piece to win the CL next year.

Rusholme Ruffian

When you are the best player of your generation it's pretty shitty to have to leave your own country to win a bleeding trophy (unless that's something that you particularly want to do obviously). It really shows a) how loyal Kane has been to Spurs, b) how loyalty isn't always reciprocated in football, and c) how inexpertly his career has been managed by his advisors.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Feel for Aussie Ange. I'm conflicted, I want him to succeed as he is a fellow Aussie and is doing some unprecedented things... But on the other hand it's the Spuds.

Halftrack

When you are the best player of your generation it's pretty shitty to have to leave your own country to win a bleeding trophy (unless that's something that you particularly want to do obviously). It really shows a) how loyal Kane has been to Spurs, b) how loyalty isn't always reciprocated in football, and c) how inexpertly his career has been managed by his advisors.
That's what happens when you give your brother a make-work job as your agent.

Jordi Cruyff 99

Desperate for Kane to leave.

The record will be broken anyway, if not by Kane then someone else. There are more goals scored in football than ever before, I think in 20 years time players scoring 100 goals a season will be super common.

Kane should just leave, trophies should mean way more than the goal record, he will get multiple honours with Bayern definitely.
There is no chance that in twenty years scoring a hundred goals per season will be "super" (very?) common.

Blackwidow

In all fairness, Munich is a fantastic city to live in and the name Bayern Munich is second to none.

Still, one can help but feel that Harry is sliding into a zombie-like comfort zone with Bayern, a club which can have a very poor season and still stuff more trophies from domestic competitions into their cabinet
I do not think that this will go on forever. We always said the streak will end with Lewy, Müller and Neuer. And this season, with Lewy gone, Neuer injured we weren't far from it. That we scored 18 of the 20 goals with Tuchel when Müller was on the pitch and only two when he was not doesn't make that thinking less unrealistic...

Bayern is not really a comfort zone for Kane. If you do not win in Munich things get very unpleasant. And Kane would go from a team with less than 50% ball possession to one that has to be dominant and has a lot ball possession and the other team parking the bus. He has to adapt his game to that.

It would mean that he goes out of his comfort zone at Tottenham into another country, into another league with other rules and from the little pond into the "big pond" were he is not the homegrown kid that always has the sympathy of the fans but has to first earn them. He can learn a lot there.
For the English national team that actually could be a big advantage.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Feel for Aussie Ange. I'm conflicted, I want him to succeed as he is a fellow Aussie and is doing some unprecedented things... But on the other hand it's the Spuds.
Ultimately I think its a good thing for Postecoglou if Spurs sell Kane this summer and make the money available for the rebuild.

Otherwise he not only has less money to deal with but he has the task of building a new team around Kane in his first year then needing to build a very different post-Kane team in his second year.

If Spurs sell Kane it probably also further decreases expectations in terms of results this year, which is good for him because its going to be an uphill battle. If I'm Postecoglou what I want is a year where everybody gives me a ton of leeway and I can build a new team and implement a new system and then for the pressure in terms of results to really build only starting in my second year.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
I do not think that this will go on forever. We always said the streak will end with Lewy, Müller and Neuer. And this season, with Lewy gone, Neuer injured we weren't far from it. That we scored 18 of the 20 goals with Tuchel when Müller was on the pitch and only two when he was not doesn't make that thinking less unrealistic...

Bayern is not really a comfort zone for Kane. If you do not win in Munich things get very unpleasant. And Kane would go from a team with less than 50% ball possession to one that has to be dominant and has a lot ball possession and the other team parking the bus. He has to adapt his game to that.

It would mean that he goes out of his comfort zone at Tottenham into another country, into another league with other rules and from the little pond into the "big pond" were he is not the homegrown kid that always has the sympathy of the fans but has to first earn them. He can learn a lot there.
Feel Bambi will eventually take Müllers role. Maybe not a raumdeuter, but more technical and can play behind the striker.

lex talionis

You're right to suggest that the Bundesliga represents a new professional challenge for Harry, and although you didn't say this you could probably have added the personal aspect of living in Germany while his kids are still young and the positive development aspects of that for his children. Harry is already set for life financially and will hoover even more wealth that he can't possibly spend down into old age wherever he goes so that's not a factor either.

That said, even though Bayern had a pretty poor season by its standards it still won the league and got through the CL stage comfortably. Harry can help push Bayern forward but if fails to meet the expectations set by Lewandowski and other Bayern greats he'll have a rough go of it, as you also suggest. So in that sense it will be a challenge, but only a challenge to maintain the same and quite frankly boring league win streak (is it 11 or 12 straight now) that Bayern are at very little risk of losing grip on with or without Harry.

It may come down to what his wife thinks, but if I were Harry I'd stay in England. The only problem with staying in England, however, is that it makes little sense to remain a Spurs man (unless he wants to walk on a free next season), City have no use for Kane, Arsenal are out of the question, Chelsea are a dumpster fire of a club now, and Liverpool don't seem on the surface a good fit for him, and despite everything I just don't see Newcastle a good fit for Harry...which leaves United, which on some level is a perfect destination for Harry but then again, we are a badly run club and we're in no way expected to seriously challenge City for the PL trophy in 23/24 unless we address ALL of our obvious needs this summer, which is far from a certain outcome.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Kane would flop a bit in the bundesliga - he would need pace to beat that stupidly high defensive line everyone plays -he would just be another creator, another CAM.

Blackwidow

Kane would flop a bit in the bundesliga - he would need pace to beat that stupidly high defensive line everyone plays -he would just be another creator, another CAM.
Sure - all of this teams play a high defensive line against Bayern...
If it would be like this we would not need Kane - you are right. Bayern has some pretty fast forwards...

Just that it is not.

Have you ever watched the matches?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Are you kidding he would score an absolute bucket load there. The standard he would be facing week in, week out would be much lower than he currently is.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Oh, that is why Haaland scored 36 goals...
Yes and Kane scored 30 in a pretty terrible team last year. What's your point? Put Kane in the German league and then also put him in by far the best team and he will likely score you a minimum of 30 but he will also create a lot of goals as well. Great goal scorers will score in any league and Kane is without doubt a great goal scorer, as is Haaland of course.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Yes and Kane scored 30 in a pretty terrible team last year. What's your point? Put Kane in the German league and then also put him in by far the best team and he will score you a minimum of 30 but he will also create a lot of goals as well. Great goal scorers will score in any league and Kane is without doubt a great goal scorer.
I think there's a small change the pressure might get to him at a club where you get a lot more scrutiny than Spurs. He's never played his best football for England in truth, despite not ever going too long between goals, it's always been in the Premier League he's produced his best.

I do mean small. I absolutely would expect him to bang in over 30 goals.

Blackwidow

Yes and Kane scored 30 in a pretty terrible team last year. What's your point? Put Kane in the German league and then also put him in by far the best team and he will likely score you a minimum of 30 but he will also create a lot of goals as well. Great goal scorers will score in any league and Kane is without doubt a great goal scorer, as is Haaland of course.
Lewandowski scored 17 in his first year at Bayern.

Bayern will have about 66 % ball possession - Tottenham right now has less than 50. Kane will have a lot less space than he has right now.

Lewy lived a lot from the synergy he had with Müller - but that needed years until they grew the understanding with each other they had at the end.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Lewandowski scored 17 in his first year at Bayern.

Bayern will have about 66 % ball possession - Tottenham right now has less than 50. Kane will have a lot less space than he has right now.
That makes absolutely no sense at all. Have you watched much of how Kane plays? He is not the sort of striker that thrives off space. He has no pace to make use of it. I also think that your claim he would have less space playing in Germany than he has in the Premier League is dubious at best.

I sincerely hope he does not leave Spurs but if he did and if he went to Bayern he would be an absolute beast there. I have no doubts at all about that.

Blackwidow

I also think that your claim he would have less space playing in Germany than he has in the Premier League is dubious at best.
The difference is playing for Tottenham in the EPL and playing for Bayern in the Bundesliga...
Not playing in England vs playing in Germany...

Bayern does not need a striker with pace as pace does not help him with opponents that sit back and usually do not leave space behind. But - you seldom get space like this but need to crack up the opponent somehow else.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The difference is playing for Tottenham in the EPL and playing for Bayern in the Bundesliga...
Not playing in England vs playing in Germany...

Bayern does not need a striker with pace as pace does not help him with opponents that sit back. But - you seldom get space like this but need to crack up the opponent somehow else.
Again I ask whether you have actually watched Kane play? This is precisely why he is so good because he can drop back, pick up the ball and create lots of chances for those around him but he can also score an absolute bucket load of goals as well. Not only would he score a large number of goals, he would enable his team mates to score more as well. Do you think no teams sit back when playing Spurs? I wish that was the case!!

Andy_Cole

There is no chance that in twenty years scoring a hundred goals per season will be "super" (very?) common.
Yeh sure it will be. When we’re in a super league and a goal in the area is 2 points and 3 points for a goal outside. Plus there will be no draws allowed. Did I mention power play too? Double points during power play. That’s not all either. There will be a golden snitch and if you score a goal with the golden snitch you get 10 points.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Desperate for Kane to leave.

The record will be broken anyway, if not by Kane then someone else. There are more goals scored in football than ever before, I think in 20 years time players scoring 100 goals a season will be super common.

Kane should just leave, trophies should mean way more than the goal record, he will get multiple honours with Bayern definitely.
You what mate?

Pughnichi

That's what happens when you give your brother a make-work job as your agent.
Take some ownership of your own career as well though. He could have walked for free before signing previous contracts. He could have handed in transfer requests. He could have refused to play/train. He could deny all silly transfers amounts for a player in the last yr of his contract and announce he’s walking for free next yr.

The fact he hasn’t suggests he’s genuinely been happy at Spurs…or just not wanting to look like the bad guy

too easy to blame agents.Kane can still force Levy’s hand.

cpresc

With Rice seemingly moving to Arsenal, given we finished 3rd last season, I think Kane is the only player we can realistically sign that would give us a good chance of improving our league position next season, i.e. top 2.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Genius Levy tactic. Don’t sell to a PL “rival” and miss out on around 90 million. See him play for one of the same PL rival 1 year later.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Kane is not the brightest but he understands football - absolutely no chance in the world he would join Chelsea.
There’s basically zero chance he would throw the legacy he spent so many years carefully building down the toilet. And it’s not like we’re City who can basically guarantee him a title or two, so the trade off isn’t even worth considering if you’re Kane.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
There’s basically zero chance he would throw the legacy he spent so many years carefully building down the toilet. And it’s not like we’re City who can basically guarantee him a title or two, so the trade off isn’t even worth considering if you’re Kane.
I just don't think it is worth the risk for him to sit out his contract. If he get a serious injury like ACL he will have no protection.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I just don't think it is worth the risk for him to sit out his contract. If he get a serious injury like ACL he will have no protection.
Yes but this is the result of him signing that new contract in his mid twenties. Chelsea isn’t an option for him. Levy would never sanction it and Kane would never accept the move. It’s a non-starter. He either goes to Bayern, United or he sees out his contract at Spurs.

lsd

The Oracle
Yes but this is the result of him signing that new contract in his mid twenties. Chelsea isn’t an option for him. Levy would never sanction it and Kane would never accept the move. It’s a non-starter. He either goes to Bayern, United or he sees out his contract at Spurs.

If he really is moving to win the league why would he honestly move to us now at his age?

He won't turn us into league winners, we need a lot more work before we can really challenge.

Dirty blood covered oil money might speed the process up but it's still not going to happen this coming season at the very least

Kinky Melinky

I thought I could handle being a transfer muppet and prematurely dived in with two feet back in early May, but I'm clearly not up to it. It's not easy being a transfer muppet. The pressure and stress!

Drizzle

I thought I could handle being a transfer muppet and prematurely dived in with two feet back in early May, but I'm clearly not up to it. It's not easy being a transfer muppet. The pressure and stress!
Thank you. Muppets should command the utmost respect for the frankly insane amounts of psychological stress we undergo. Even elite special force soldiers would crack under this strain.

OverratedOpinion

It's all worth it when an exciting deal finally gets announced (that's what we tell ourselves anyway).